RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Gonna try racing! (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/11308692-gonna-try-racing.html)

t-max97 11-25-2012 09:43 AM

Gonna try racing!

Ive been wanting to try racing for a while because driving around your yard by yourself can get boring lol and I found out there is a big track on the same road my grandparents live on! So I just ordered a sc10rs, I cant wait to get it,Is there anything I should know before I try out racing?

Johnnysplits 11-25-2012 10:47 AM

RE: Gonna try racing!

You're gonna have a blast, make new friends, and spendsome money!! But it's all good. You should go to the track and see what everyone is running as far as motors, tires, shock oil/springs. Mostly tires!! Tires are 90% of your setup. Other than that, go over your truck when you get it. It's already assembled so you need to check some things out before hitting the track, namely the free movement of all the suspension components. Remove the shocks from the lower mounting point and pop off the ball links from the wheel end. The a-arms, hub carriers, steering arms should all move free with absolutely no binding. All the bearings are packed in grease...it's like dragging brakes. They should all be removed, cleaned, and then a drop of Acer Racing Sin lube. That's the best stuff i've tried. Balance your tires...it will affect performance. Good charger, two to three lipo's. Spare hardware. This is just a starting point.

t-max97 11-25-2012 02:21 PM

Thanks for the tips, The dirt here has hard clay just under it so im thinking the track will have a lot of clay, It looks like the stock tires will work pretty good but we'll see. I wish I didnt have to buy an $80 transponder though......[:@]

ElectricGuy007 11-30-2012 09:17 AM

Racing is much more fun than driving in the yard. Your alone by yourself, and it's not fun at all. I lose all interest in about 15 mins of running.
Get to know and learn the track before racing. Ask them about tires first thing and buy a set for your truck.
Many good people have quit the hobby because thier stuff wasnt up to par with everyone else's.
The SC10 is a good truck to start with, most people are running gold springs on the front and green rears at my tracks.
Im getting ready to build a factory team kit myself because I like the truck so much.

t-max97 11-30-2012 07:50 PM

Yeah I think its going to be really fun, and it already has gold springs in the front and green in the rear.

KID_EVIL! 12-02-2012 06:18 AM

Sway bars made a huge differance for me on the track.. Tires and shock set up first though. A little tip.. when making changes, do only one change at a time and check for a differance between adjustments.

JTANK78 12-06-2012 09:00 PM

have sooo much fun racing, i have to say to TALK TO GUYS AT THE TRACK AND MAKE FRIENDS, this will be the best way to find out the truth about racing.