RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   check out the beast I just bought (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/11333795-check-out-beast-i-just-bought.html)

nitrosportsandrunner 12-16-2012 03:15 PM

check out the beast I just bought

1 Attachment(s)
nice little ebay find I think
Chassis looks pretty cool. Never had a pulling truck before. Might find some larger tires and run it in the snow as well.

ElectricGuy007 12-20-2012 06:04 AM

RE: check out the beast I just bought

That's pretty nice. But I assume a 55T lathe motor would be better besides that traxxas motor.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-20-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

That's pretty nice. But I assume a 55T lathe motor would be better besides that traxxas motor.
agreed. that motor would put out good torque, but only if I ran a esc that can handle 14.4v....as that is an emaxx motor.

The chassis "looks" like one side has solid links, while the other side has links that would allow for normal flex.

I will be interested to see what trans that is.

Still waiting on the seller to ship tho:( some ebayer's are sooo slow about that.

SyCo_VeNoM 12-20-2012 03:18 PM

the axles look like they are off a wheely king

nitrosportsandrunner 12-20-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

the axles look like they are off a wheely king
agreed, the axles and the shocks.
It does have a axle mounted servo tho.
I wonder if the trans is from something else, or maybe is just a metal trans upgrade made for the wheely king?
but the chassis for sure is custom.
The seller just shipped it today, so I'm sure I wont see it till well after xmass.

I messaged the seller and asked if it was fully RTR. Pics didnt show any radio. But Im pretty sure it has the ESC and servo.
the sellers description was: "This Truck is Being Sold in As In Condition. It Is In Good Working Condition. Broken Left Rear Passenger Shock Otherwise good Condition"

But even if it was just a roller with no electronics, I figure it would be worth the $110 shipped I paid for it.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-26-2012 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
truck arrived today.
No esc or radio tho[&o] What I thought was an ESC plug was a battery plug. It came with a very old and tired looking 6cell nimh pack.

The part I thought was a rigid rear link, was in fact a bar linking the front axle to the tow hitch. This im sure would distribute the weight even, instead of having the rear hunker down when you try to tow.
I dont think Ill keep that, as IMO it looks funny. Ill just add a hitch to the rear bumper.

I think it has a alloy trans case made for the wheely king, as it still has the shape of a wheely king trans. It has a metal spur gear as well.

the lower links are metal, the upper are stock plastic ones.

It has a traxxas 2018 servo (I will likely upgrade)

It has a traxxas emaxx 550 motor. Ill probly swap that out for something more crawler like.

I have to replace 1 rear shock. Other than that, its just adding a ESC and radio and its ready to drive.

I think I did good for $110.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-26-2012 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics

nitrosportsandrunner 12-26-2012 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
couple more

nitrosportsandrunner 12-26-2012 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put some ECX alloy shocks on it and a basic radio/esc.
Its geared higher than I would have guessed. But then pulling trucks probly do need some wheel speed.

I removed the tow hitch thing.

I then slapped some Redcat Earthquake tires on it to see what it would look like. should go good in the snow:D
See how big they are compared to the 2.2 crawler tires! They are also almost twice as wide.
These are the largest wheels I know of that have a 12mm hex.