RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Subaru Impreza WRC 1/10 Bycmo (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/1819519-subaru-impreza-wrc-1-10-bycmo.html)

adydad 10-15-2004 05:09 AM

RE: Subaru Impreza WRC 1/10 Bycmo

Hi. newbie
I have the same R/C, i am on part 52. If any one needs any help, try thes two links
http://bycmo.automodelismo.com/eng/
http://www.bycmo.com/asistencia/index-uk.html
You will have to copy and paste them though.

steve_b9 10-16-2004 01:59 AM

hi john and everone having trouble with the differential
today i received in a brown envelope a brand new fully greased differential i think you have to get the screws realy tight to stop it from slipping and stuff
so today im happy
so if you dont receive one in the next couple of days then i would phone them
bye
note: do not open the differential decause the unit has been manufactured to a high standard and can not be guaranteed if disassembled.

john j m 10-16-2004 03:13 AM

Hey Steve,
That’s great news, especially as last Thursday “ AGO”said it would be weeks before they would be getting any diffs in stock! Do a posting after you have fitted it and let me know how it runs, how about the body any sign of that yet?
John
:D

steve_b9 10-16-2004 08:37 AM

hi
i fitted it but i cant really get it out side today cos its raining so that sucks[:@]. i took it out for a little bit any way, and soaked the car .oops. it ran ok and then my wires got hot and burned out . but lucky for me they sent me some new ones by accident a long time ago so that was ok.
i will try to get it out tomorow and ill reply on how it does.
no sign of a body yet but ive now been told to wait till the 29th. so ill wait and see what happens then

steve_b9 10-17-2004 09:07 AM

hi john
i ran the car properly today and it seemed to run ok but i will try it out a couple more times and see what happens hopefully it wont break.
so ill tell you later
bye

steve_b9 10-17-2004 10:27 AM

hi john
just got back in from testing my car with a full battery and the faster gears. which lasted me about half an hour. so far nothing has broken. its really fast and fun. for xmas im getting a no limit speed contrall and an 18 turn motor i hope it can handle it. but now im gust going to put my other battery on its 4 hour charge. so this diff is deffinutly a far better quality then the last one.
have you received yours yet.
bye

mad mark 10-20-2004 01:56 PM

hello all of u who have been ripped off by deag .been waiting since july 4 my replacement parts.pissed off 2 the teeth with their **** excuses now so i have contacted trading standards 2 get my money back so i can buy a decent car.look them up on the net,i recomend u all do the same

mad mark 10-20-2004 02:01 PM

by the way did any of u gety alloy wheels in the upgrade issues,mine were plastic AGAIN

steve_b9 10-21-2004 02:10 AM

hi mark
i have thought about that. have you got your money back yet.
and you get three sets of wheels from what ive seen oin the internet, so the third set should be alloy, but if there not then that would be about the 4th time deag has false advertised.
bye

mad mark 10-21-2004 10:47 AM

sent deag a stinking letter threatening legal action.their reply was that my parts will b with me within 28 days.is that the same 28 days since july 12,what a load of ****,sent my written letter off today 4 a refund,wonder what ecuse they will give me this time,got another 6 days b4 its handed over to trading standards

john j m 10-21-2004 11:05 AM

Steve,
Good to see that the drive train held together ok on its first test thrash, lets hope that your problems in that area are all over, reckon that when you get that electronic speed control and an 18 turn you will have a real hot car.
No sign of any diff from Ago for me yet, in fact I am fed up with waiting so I have decided to buy one from SBC.GB …………thought that I just as well get the uprated ball races for the transmission at the same time, also looking at the chassis I see the hexagonal wheel bearings are clapped out so I guess I will get the uprated version of those,and I was never pleased with the plastic wheel bearings [seem to remember that they ran very rough] SBC have ball races for the car so while I am throwing good money after bad I am going to order some, but cant do any of that untill next week cos Steve [the guy at SBC] is away on holliday.
John :eek:

BUGGIES_R_US 10-21-2004 11:15 AM

Who is Deag ?
Why are we talking about him here?
What does he have to do with this thread?!

john j m 10-21-2004 11:21 AM

Mark,
Welcome to the forum, you look even more pxxxxd off [upset] than we are with AGO ……. See that you have been waiting for parts since July ? do you want to tell us more about this like what parts and what went wrong , its mainly the administration and the quality of the car that are my main complaints, the advertising was very misleading, it would be interesting and useful to all of us to hear about the outcome of your dealings with this company.
John
[>:]

mad mark 10-21-2004 02:08 PM

john j m,
thought this project would b fun,steering servo jamed 1st run,hit kerb body now looks like a jigsaw.second run wheel came off,third run diff broke.they have replaced the body,but they gave me no stickers,the wheels are sorted now with the upgrade bearings,but i still aint got no diff.1 of the wheel upgrades the foam insert is to small,got a flat spot in the tyre.wish i had just gone out and bought a tidy car then i wouldnt have to whinge to u lot.my missus also has a mag off them and she is also having a hard time getting back issues.i just think their attitude stinks.what a way to run a company hey.

mad mark 10-21-2004 02:40 PM

just had an e mail from blue peter,u can build a similar car with,
2 egg boxes
1 washing up bottle
4 cotton reels
1 elastin band
and theirs comes with a free pritstick useable for home repaires

rfoley 10-21-2004 06:06 PM

Hi Mark,

We are only up to issue 32 here in Oz but I am also looking at complaining to the regulatory bodies if the car I get here is as bad as the one people in the UK have. It is interesting to note that a complaint against deagostini to the office of communications in the UK found that they had used misleading advertising. That was in November 2003 but deagistini still used the same misleading advertising ( that the car would do 45mph/60kph) in Australia several months after being found guilty in the UK. Deagostini also got into trouble with the ACCC ( that australian regulators) because they did not disclose the complete cost of the car series when they advertised it on TV. Deagostini's response to this was to put a one page insert into the issue 4 mag stating the full price and offering a refund on the first 4 issues. It was not until issue 14 that I found out that deagostinis' had conveniently not included the cost of the battery in the full price of the car. I'm sure that ACCC wouldn't be happy to hear about that one. Like most people I am disapointed with the car Deagostini is providing but I think they have mislead the public and corporate watchdog to such an extent that they may be forced to refund peoples money here. Good luck with getting a refund from them.

Rodney

mad mark 10-22-2004 11:02 AM

anyone got any news on what is happening with the wheels yet,and the rest of the parts,can only get 28 days out of them

john j m 10-22-2004 11:36 AM

Mark,
I cant help you with the wheel rims, all I ever get is 28 days like you. But can you tell me how many extra issues of the mag were produced after issue 45 as I stoped my subscription after that one, but as a matter of interest to me I would like to know
John

sleepy23 10-22-2004 12:37 PM

just curious, how much money do you guys have invested in this buildup??

steve_b9 10-22-2004 12:39 PM

hi
we've all spent over £250

mad mark 10-22-2004 01:47 PM

john jm i am now up to part 54,ive had hydraulic suspension,new wheels@tyres,metal wheel bearings,harder drive shafts.next week should b the last but dont quote me on that.
sleepy23,it has cost me£275for the car to date,£30 for 3 batteries,£20 FOR RECEIVER [email protected] COULD I HAVE BOUGHT WITH THAT.

john j m 10-22-2004 02:36 PM

Hi Sleepy,
Yep you read it right £275.00 G B pounds thats around $503.00 ......ok so we look like a bunch of suckers, but bear in mind that when we started building the kit we were all new to Rc Cars and that the advertising realy took us in, we were promised a " quote" [ spectacular electric rally car with components of the highest quality] we all know different now, and hope that these postings will deter anyone else from making our mistake.
John [>:]

john j m 10-29-2004 03:14 AM

Steve b,
Great news Agostini have replaced the differential that chewed its self up back in August, it came today ready assembled together with a letter and a trouble shooting guide, I take it from the paragraph in the letter that says [quote, Note that if parts of your car have not been assembled correctly then this could cause damage, unquote] that they are blaming me / us for causing the problem.
Can’t say that I can agree with that do you? The construction was not exactly rocket science.
But hey at least I can get my car back together [for the first time in three months] and if it ever stops raining again I can give it a run, did you ever get the body Steve?
John.
[8D]

spurs rule forever 11-02-2004 09:28 AM

These people are con-artist i spend all that money on a car and then find that the differentials are built wrong. I called them and emailed them and still they say the same thing i built it wrong even though i have taken it to a professional RC car mechanic. I have reported them to trading standards and advice everybody else to do this as well. I will post there number at a later stage.
The company should be shut down.

Karl the Mechan 11-03-2004 04:26 PM

we were promised a " quote" [ spectacular electric rally car with components of the highest quality] we all know different now
Reeeeeeeeally????
C'mon guys, EVERY company says that in their ads. You can't blame anyone for saying THAT! OK, the Bycmo car may be crap but so is a lot of stuff and they still tell us "-of the highest quality" Surely no one falls for that old trick?