RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/3856726-evader-coalition-%7E-t-e-c.html)

Grimdeath 02-15-2006 11:01 AM

RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

ORIGINAL: raz54

ORIGINAL: Grimdeath

On a different subject....

Does the stock Pro's 12-turn ESC have a low voltage shut-off mode (ie. turn off the motor when power is too low to support the receiver)?
I've checked the documentation and it doesn't say so so I assume no; it's sort of a cheap thing not to include it.

Mine shuts down when the battery gets too low
Hmm.. mines just keeps motoring onward regardless of what pack I have in (onward without steering or throttle!).

raz54 02-15-2006 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: raz54

On a different subject....

Does the stock Pro's 12-turn ESC have a low voltage shut-off mode (ie. turn off the motor when power is too low to support the receiver)?
I've checked the documentation and it doesn't say so so I assume no; it's sort of a cheap thing not to include it.

Mine shuts down when the battery gets too low
Hmm.. mines just keeps motoring onward regardless of what pack I have in (onward without steering or throttle!).

I think I misunderstood. I was thinking of when the tx batteries go dead, the whole truck stops. If the truck battery gets low the truck will still go on but you can always turn off the tx and stop the truck in it's tracks

discgolfer72 02-15-2006 12:48 PM

philp37
yea onl broke the shock tower it would be really hard to brake my rear brace or even bend it for that matter the things really thick alum
off to go get a new one today

discgolfer72 02-15-2006 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well just got back from the lhs gonna put the last finishing touches on my rc10t and my evader is gonna be back in action

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 03:06 PM

Plastic or graphite? I got 5 batts charged, so after the dntist apointment[:'(] i'll be bashing for a while in the snow.

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 03:08 PM

Doahh, are you really gonna sell the evader for 75 bucks? Theres like less than 3hrs left?!

discgolfer72 02-15-2006 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
plastic lhs dosent carry any of the graphite + the way i run this thing id rather break a 4$ part than a 10$ one

ahhhhh mush better:D

Flyojumper 02-15-2006 03:46 PM

Discgolfer72, nice job on the motor guard hehe... Must have been a nice landing on the tail :)
Also, I can't tell from the pic since they are separated but the deans between the motor and ESC the white is the + and goes to the red wire on the motor, right?

discgolfer72 02-15-2006 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yup that gaurd is about 2 years old put it on when i first bought the truck havent seen a need to get a new one yet dont really run it to much i have a few tougher cars(my orignal rc10 and rc10t)have been looking for an alum one tho cant seem to find tho

speaking of wires i just put all the stock elect back in this thing they have ben in my frakenniko but its now just a roller
ist funny i bought the intelaspped esc no limit and it fried third time out using same gearing i have now and a green machine but the junky sprint that came stock has had a 13 t motor in it and dosent show any signs of wear

raz54 02-15-2006 04:21 PM

White is + (hot) and blue is - (neg)

Grimdeath 02-15-2006 05:45 PM

I've gotten my Reedy 19T up and running in my Vader BX Pro with a 7-cell 1900mAh Sanyo SCR pack with stock geering and this thing rocks. I've pitted it against my buddies Tamiya Dirt Thrasher with a Novak 5800/3300mAh NimH combo and I actually pull on him for a short period before my pack loses juice.
I'm going to pick up some new pinions this week (thinking about trying a 24 tooth) as the ESC, pack & motor are running very cool with this setup.
Anyhow, I'd like to go with some IB3800's but think I'd like to stick with 7-cells (I'm afraid I'll lose too much speed going to 6 cells). Any recommendations for a 7-cell 3800? I haven't asked Alex at BoomBoom whether he'll make it yet...

Doahh 02-15-2006 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: tamiyacrawler

Doahh, are you really gonna sell the evader for 75 bucks? Theres like less than 3hrs left?!
Theres a reserve on it for 275

duneslider 02-15-2006 05:50 PM

Boom boom will make you anything you want. Send him a pm and he'll give you a price on a 7-cell pack. I went from 1900mah packs to some ib's and it makes a big difference.

Later
Duneslider

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 06:28 PM

Ordered parts for monstervader. Can't wait. Tatal cost--122.23. So, doahh, unless 275 is met, noone's getting it?

EVADERCHAOS 02-15-2006 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bashed for a short while today. Man this thing rips a lot more harder than the regular one I used to have.

i finally got to take some pics. It was wayy to late to take them when I got the car last night so here are some from after my mini-bash.

My damn batt. strap won't fit over my Venoms so I took it off and used what works best. Duct Tape!
There are many reasons behind DuctTapeRacing. lol

Before............................................ .............AFTER.

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 08:13 PM

It fits. You have to put ALOTTA pressure on it then put the pin in with pliers for the 1st few times. It'll wear in. I now use velcrow kuz it was annoying.

discgolfer72 02-15-2006 09:25 PM

i just found some intersting info
so im gonna ask this ? why does everyone think their evader pro is better than the regular one

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 09:31 PM

1)graphite=strength and light
2)GRAPHITE
3)graphite

That's about all if you were to buy them both as kits

discgolfer72 02-15-2006 09:34 PM

keep em coming, thats one person thats only half right

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 09:35 PM

ummm......and slightly better cvd's

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 09:37 PM

uhhhhh......and the rtr body is a little better

raz54 02-15-2006 09:41 PM

Some other reasons the pro is better is the adjutable rear toe in / anti squat plate. You can set it 0 degree rear toe in for tighter high speed turns. The shocks come with diferent valves so you can adjust those better too.

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 09:57 PM

I knew everthing in the link diskgolfer. Point- duratrax plastic is not very good at all.
ex: tamiyas i run-----crash like 30 times a run going 30, but if i was running duratrax low density plastic i would wreck like crazy.

It all depends what company just like anything else.

Of course plastic is more crash resistant, but evader plastic is not flexible. I can take my tamiyas and bend the arms like 8mm and they won't snap.

I'm not killing any opinions or any facts i read, but i'm stating that in duratrax's case, the graphite is better.

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-15-2006 09:58 PM

BUT most people underestimate the strength of duratrax plastic, but the graphite is still stronger.

discgolfer72 02-15-2006 09:59 PM

my main point is that graphite is not stronger than plastic its just stifer and lighter
i have heard many people refer to their pro being stronger than the regular evader
i have known this for a while but now i have the prof

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/Graphite_Myths.pdf