RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/3856726-evader-coalition-%7E-t-e-c.html)

bloodyta2 11-02-2008 03:53 PM

RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

anyone know where i can get black rims to fit my electric evader bx?

rclugnut10 11-02-2008 03:57 PM

my intellispeed was silent, its a great esc i've put it thru the works for physical abuse tho never more that a 6 cell (peaked at 9v but whose counting:D)

the lug

toss em back 11-02-2008 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

You sure the the ESC and not the motor that's buzzing? What kind of motor is in it?
It's got the original motor Proton 20 turn. It seems to be the ESC, but I'll listen closer here in a bit. The buzzing happens when you just start to lightly apply power for/rev. You can't really hear it once the car moves, but that's probably cause the motor noise.

rclugnut10 11-02-2008 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: misfit650

anyone know where i can get black rims to fit my electric evader bx?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCY13&P=ML

lol
nope unless you paint um or dye um don't ask me how or maybe HPI or AE rims...

the lug

toss em back 11-02-2008 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: toss em back

You sure the the ESC and not the motor that's buzzing? What kind of motor is in it?
It's got the original motor Proton 20 turn. It seems to be the ESC, but I'll listen closer here in a bit. The buzzing happens when you just start to lightly apply power for/rev. You can't really hear it once the car moves, but that's probably cause the motor noise.
I stand corrected. Good call Fair. It IS the motor, not the ESC. It's a high pitch buzz that can be heard prior to the motor turning. It goes away once the motor starts spinning. Does that sound right? By the way, I have a stock Sprint ESC.

Evader-Revo master 11-02-2008 04:19 PM

if the sprint have a noise, high buzz, then the esc is bad. If you have theintellispeed (the ones that comes wth the evader pro) i is normal that high buzz, my esc made that sound and the esc of my two friends have that soundtoo. Yes Y and my friends have evaders, 5 evaders in total, 3pros:D

Matt_Gruizinga 11-02-2008 04:45 PM

it sounds more like you need a new motor then esc usually the photon's go out and also i've never had a car that didn't make the noise you are descibing.

FairTax4me 11-02-2008 05:07 PM

Ive never heard an ESC make a noise except a beep or two maybe on turn on. When you hit the throttle the buzz or whine you hear before the truck starts moving is the motor getting power. Every motor Ive ever owned does that.

Evader-Revo master 11-02-2008 05:13 PM

yes that is the sound that my old intellis[ped have.

My Novak 5.5 sistem no make any noise, is silent and powerful:D:D:D:D

toss em back 11-02-2008 05:20 PM

Ive never heard an ESC make a noise except a beep or two maybe on turn on. When you hit the throttle the buzz or whine you hear before the truck starts moving is the motor getting power. Every motor Ive ever owned does that.
Alright, I'll go with being normal. Don't fix it unless it's broken. Like I said I'm new to this so I wasn't sure. I'm still not sure what's causing the occasional "dead" response to forward/reverse. Every once in a while it just doesn't want to move. I thought one of these things was the cause, but maybe I'll just wait til something breaks.

FairTax4me 11-02-2008 05:27 PM

There is a slight delay from forward to revers or vise verse which is programmed into the ESC to protect your gears from stripping. Very easy to do if you go full forward then slam into reverse.

nomak 11-02-2008 06:37 PM

had the same problem with the dead response but the wheels still turning.. was running the tamiya battery plugs at the time.. swithed over the the duratrax pole connectors and never had the problem again.. try the cheap fix first being the plugs on the batts before going out and buying new motors and esc's.. hope this helps...

esky77 11-03-2008 05:56 AM

hi im running an LRP VECTOR 13.5 brushless motor at the moment and my gearing is set at 88 spur 20 pinion gear does this sound right or is it undergeared any help is apprecitated

thanks

Adam

DrewDads 11-03-2008 12:29 PM

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know where I can find some good information on how to set up my Evader BX for indoor stadium racing on carpet, or can anyone provide my with a basic set-up to start with? I am looking for tips for suspension settings mostly. I bought my BX from the LHS about 3-4 years ago. It still has the stock motor, shocks, rooster esc, etc... I've replaced a couple of broken parts here and there but, that's about it. After running it in the yard and street these past few years, I want to run on an indoor track. I got some foam tires and lowered the car using the ajustable shocks.

Any help would be great.

P.S. From reading through most of these pages, I know I need to post some pictures. Give me a day or two, I'll get them up. :D

~Andy~

SacramentoJoe 11-03-2008 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: DrewDads

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know where I can find some good information on how to set up my Evader BX for indoor stadium racing on carpet, or can anyone provide my with a basic set-up to start with? I am looking for tips for suspension settings mostly. I bought my BX from the LHS about 3-4 years ago. It still has the stock motor, shocks, rooster esc, etc... I've replaced a couple of broken parts here and there but, that's about it. After running it in the yard and street these past few years, I want to run on an indoor track. I got some foam tires and lowered the car using the ajustable shocks.

Any help would be great.

P.S. From reading through most of these pages, I know I need to post some pictures. Give me a day or two, I'll get them up. :D

~Andy~
Welcome to the Coalition! I would start with some 30 or 40 wt shock oil and possibly a sway bar.

toss em back 11-03-2008 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: DrewDads

Hello everyone.

Any help would be great.

~Andy~
Where are you planning on racing? I've never raced, but occasionally have interest and I saw you were in my area. I was wondering if my Evader ST (recently bought used and fairly bashed) was even worthy of showing up to a track with. I'm interested to see what advice you get here.

toss em back 11-03-2008 04:53 PM

If I were to race at a stadium track too (carpet or dirt), is it worth it to show up with an Evader (a new one, not my bashed one) or am I better off with something like a new Rustler VXL to start from?

riverat1540 11-03-2008 06:37 PM

the evader would be more than fine givin it is in good condition and functions properly. the evader is a great truck. lightweight and pretty durable. traxxas is pretty much for the backyard basher as there are not many adustments u can make for setup on the track as duratrax is very versitile

Evader-Revo master 11-03-2008 06:49 PM

I like the lightweigh of my evader, with a powerful motor you can have a great acceleration. Is an cheap good truck with a few upgrades (tranny, more powerful motor and ESC, and a good servo) you have a nice race truck

riverat1540 11-03-2008 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yea ran mine today for 3rd time since rebuild. much faster with new jaco foams vs old jaco foams which were much smaller. probally pushing around 35-40 on 7cell pack, ill have my 3s lipo wed so that should be sweet. im gonna try to make a viv eventually and should have no prob beating my old top speed of 54mph and i have no glitching anymore which will be a big help
here are the before and after pics

rclugnut10 11-03-2008 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: esky77

hi im running an LRP VECTOR 13.5 brushless motor at the moment and my gearing is set at 88 spur 20 pinion gear does this sound right or is it undergeared any help is apprecitated

thanks

Adam
i have a sidewinder 4600kv (i think a 10.5t is like 3500kv) i run 22/88 may try 23 ro 24, or go lower to 20 still testing cuz i just got a bunch of new gears, and a set of badlands which are huge so i gotta factor that it.... i know i had it undergeared with a 18/88 and holeshots, and it runs pretty freakin awsome on 22 t... this is with a 6 cell btw...

as for racabilty, i have a b4 and the tuning differences arn't that different infact the evader has MORE shock positions, significantly it's not the pro b4 but still... so when set up, good rubber (huge difference) right shock setup, mg servo, b2 diff, and a good motor/esc thats it

the lug

FairTax4me 11-03-2008 09:05 PM

Id say the Evader (ST or buggy) could easily be raceable. Even my st is much lighter than my Rustler. Id imagine the Pro version weighs even less with all the graphite parts. I bet it would do fairly well in a stock or spec class race bone stock. (except for an upgraded motor & ESC of course) I'm gonna try this one in mine at some point. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTSG8&P=0

rclugnut10 11-03-2008 09:10 PM

Id say the Evader (ST or buggy) could easily be raceable. Even my st is much lighter than my Rustler. Id imagine the Pro version weighs even less with all the graphite parts. I bet it would do fairly well in a stock or spec class race bone stock. (except for an upgraded motor & ESC of course) I'm gonna try this one in mine at some point. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTSG8&P=0
yeah that's a real nice motor....
and the pro is lighter by .3 lbs tho my b4 is a lot lighter than my pro but its a buggy....

the lug

FairTax4me 11-03-2008 10:15 PM

and the pro is lighter by .3 lbs
.3 lbs is about 5 oz. That's a lot for a truck that only weighs what, 3.5 maybe 4lbs?

rclugnut10 11-03-2008 10:19 PM

and the pro is lighter by .3 lbs
.3 lbs is about 5 oz. That's a lot for a truck that only weighs what, 3.5 maybe 4lbs?

the stocker wieghs 3.6 lbs, the st that is...
i really wanna drive but it's all darkness out :(

the lug