RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/3856726-evader-coalition-%7E-t-e-c.html)

lcnet 02-03-2006 03:45 PM

RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

yes, it's still the original connector..

fugaziiv 02-03-2006 04:27 PM

:D ZZR-1200? Thats an old man's bike! :)

Oh yeah, if anyone needs an Alloy B2 diff gear, I do have an extra.

lcnet 02-03-2006 04:34 PM

HAHAHAA.... hey , easy you, i'm only 36 !!! http://forums.siteparc.fr/forums/bou..._la_langue.gif

lcnet 02-03-2006 04:36 PM

I can still take an ayabusa !! heheheheh......

fugaziiv 02-03-2006 05:06 PM

I had to throw it out there, I ride a Suzuki SV1000-S. :D

lcnet 02-03-2006 05:25 PM

it's a Nice bike 2!!! but you'll still stay behind !!!!...hahahaha

fugaziiv 02-03-2006 05:42 PM

well, in the straights yes, but as soon as the road turns twisty...

duneslider 02-03-2006 05:48 PM

fugaziiv you have a pm. I am interested in that diff gear.

Later
Duneslider

Flyojumper 02-03-2006 05:48 PM

Talking about filling shocks, I have the biggest problems in filling up mine with absolutely no air whatsover... (I have an Evader BX pro)
I tried everything, wait 15mn for air bubbles to surface, twist the piston gently as you push it down, put some drops of oil of the top cap (inside part of course) before inserting it, followed the instructions to the smallest detail, etc... and I still can't get them to be 100% air free.
I even took my car to the LHS and even the "veteran" guy over there couldn't get them to be air free after 20mn of tries (but he admitted he never worked on bottom filled shocks before).
Could someone give pointers or even better pics/videos?
BTW, once the shocks are filled very properly (100% air free) are they supposed to stay this way or will air eventually find its way in?

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-03-2006 05:51 PM

Air can eventually get in if a seal is bad or other things.

duneslider 02-03-2006 05:56 PM

Once you get the shocks done you need to get some sort of shock covers. (some use balloons) The seals start getting sand in them and will let air in and oil out. I read somewhere that the duratrax seals aren't the best out there. They kept refering to blue seals if that helps any. I don't know who makes them but they said tower sells them.

Good luck
Duneslider

jakjr 02-03-2006 09:34 PM

The "blue" seals are made by MIP I've been using them in my shocks and they work great. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAX28&P=7

BTW, I have removed the off topic posts that were in this thread, if you want to discuss bikes try the OT forum, if you want to sell stuff try the marketplace.

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-03-2006 09:36 PM

[sm=thumbup.gif]I was hoping someone would do that.......

discgolfer72 02-03-2006 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well my speed gems 15 t motor in my evader finaly needs a com cut so untill the lhs can get their new lathe i bought this orion method r 11t motor for it anyone ever used them are they good motors this is the first motor i have bought that has not been trinty or reedy how does it compare

i dont really run my evader all that much any pinion size ideas for the 11t motor iiv been running the stock one so far

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-03-2006 10:02 PM

I'm ordering some new stuff since i broke another servo. My limit is 150. I wanna go fast, but i need other stuff, so it's tuff. I def. need new radio system(mx-a) and a mg servo. I think the cheapest 12t esc is the streak, but i've had bad past experiences with it, so i dunno. For a 12t i won't spend over 40 most likely so i have only a handful to pick from. I want deans plugs, but to replace everything i need like 25 of em, so i don't think i'll do that yet. Wait, i have 46.50 to spend on a motor kuz i have a little credit. I want the cobalt or team checkpoint, but may be a little too much. I wonder how the epic intense mods are? Pretty cheap. I'm hoping to get my truck up to 35mph. I haven't broken anything, but it may be because i can't get over 4 feet of air with the motor i have now. Well, i gotta decide in like 3 days so if anyone has some motor info or suggestions i'll listen.

CustomTamiyas4Life 02-03-2006 10:04 PM

Golfer, i see you have a method r in the pics. What wind, how fast? Is it any good for 16 bucks?

jakjr 02-03-2006 10:12 PM

I have one of those in my bigger helicopter. From what I can tell it's decent for the price. The motor is kinda screwy though, I believe the "r" stands for reverse (as in the motor is designed to be ran in reverse) because the timing on mine would only go to either 0 degrees or negative (retarded) timing.

BTW, the armature in mine fried (I was running it on 8 cells so it doesn't surprise me) so I replaced it with a 27t arm out of stock Trinity motor. Runs better now, I've ran it on 9 cells for a long time (as I said, it's in a helicopter) and it's still going strong.

discgolfer72 02-03-2006 10:25 PM

just loaded it up charging a bat and ill see if its any good hmmm reverse that sucks man i hate the lhs i went to the method r are the only motors they carry execp some koysho motors and they are reverse motors too but for 20 bucks i guess if it works at all ill be lucky:D

jakjr

what timing did u get the best performance at

tamiya ist a 11t

-Inverted- 02-03-2006 10:27 PM

I prefer losi shock oil.

jakjr 02-03-2006 11:02 PM

jakjr

what timing did u get the best performance at
Witht that motor in a car you would get the best performance at 0 degrees. My helicopter required the motor to be ran in reverse so I had better performance by turning the timing down.

discgolfer72 02-03-2006 11:06 PM

cool thanks

discgolfer72 02-03-2006 11:30 PM

well just took it out for a quick bash and im not dissapointed for 20 bucks this motor hauls its got a better top end speed than my reedy 10 t pulse r but not as much accel

Flyojumper 02-03-2006 11:37 PM

Duneslider, what do you mean exactly by "some sort of shock covers, some use balloon"? Can you explain in more details?
Jakjr, thanks for the link on blue seals. However, the size is pretty damn close but since duratrax/evader use metric and those are in inches, I was wondering how much of a direct fit it really is, especially since the smallest difference in size there could make or break the effectiveness of the seal.
So anyone has COMPLETELY 100% air free shocks on the Evader?
If so, could you give some detailed tips on how you fill them?

Flyojumper 02-03-2006 11:38 PM

Discgolfer72, do you use the Intellispeed 12t ESC with that 11t Method R? If so, aren't you afraid to burn it up?

discgolfer72 02-03-2006 11:44 PM

no i refuse to run dura trax esc they r crud i had the no limit one and it burnt up running a 13 t motor i run a vintage tekin tsc 410s in the evader and have never had problems with it i run a 6 t in my orignal rc10 with a tekin tsc410s2 and it barely gets warm