RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Super Clod Buster Build-up Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/4698553-super-clod-buster-build-up-thread.html)

Lunchboxer 12-08-2008 01:08 PM

RE: Super Clod Buster Build-up Thread

It will be fine as long as you are going at full throttle all the time.... (bypass the resistors.. !) :D

Barber420 12-08-2008 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Barber420

Does anbody have any experience with the ESP Clodzilla 2 sport conversion kit? I would like to make my Clod a little more capable for bashing and crawling purposes. I'm not looking for a dedicated crawler by any means, but I would like to get a decent amount of flex so I can go over most obstacles that may be in my path. I think I've heard people saying that the Clodzilla 2 kit is their favorite in other posts, but I'm not sure. It looks like a nice kit that would make it more capable and tougher, but I want other opinions. I can get it for $90 + shipping right now. Is that a good deal?
Anybody?

cornel4web 12-08-2008 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: djr01974

Was just wondering because I went through a set of stock motors with the 11.1 volt battery. They didn't last long at all.
maybe...but they are like 10 to 15 for both...LOL...LOL

drevil 12-08-2008 04:22 PM

Does anbody have any experience with the ESP Clodzilla 2 sport conversion kit? I would like to make my Clod a little more capable for bashing and crawling purposes. I'm not looking for a dedicated crawler by any means, but I would like to get a decent amount of flex so I can go over most obstacles that may be in my path. I think I've heard people saying that the Clodzilla 2 kit is their favorite in other posts, but I'm not sure. It looks like a nice kit that would make it more capable and tougher, but I want other opinions. I can get it for $90 + shipping right now. Is that a good deal?

Try searching back through this thread and you'll see my opinions on ESP's products. Personally I'd spend a little more and get something good.

Barber420 12-08-2008 06:11 PM

So I take it it's not a good conversion then?

hmvwgunner50 12-09-2008 09:27 AM

i just got a clodbuster and i would lik to put some goodies on it. what is a good esc for it, was thinking of a novak super duty xrc? i would like to upgrade the motors, any suggestions? i would like some decent power and torque, nothing fast.

drevil 12-09-2008 12:57 PM

So I take it it's not a good conversion then?
Their kits aren't that well made, plain and simple. Mine came with the metal all gouged up and when I contacted ESP about the problem they never replied. Besides that everything is made of thin sheet metal that looks very cheap. Personally I'd spend my money elsewhere.

If you do decide to order that kit just realize that they don't stock them. When placing my order I was under the assumption that they had them ready to ship. When I never heard anything back from them I sent them an email and got the run around. Supposedly their CNC machine was down. Their CNC machine must have a lot of problems because I happened to notice that other buyers had the same complaint in their ebay feedback. I'm fine with a company being honest with me about items being back ordered, but I draw the line when it comes to them out right lying to me. Oh and did I mention that when I finally received the kit (which was a gift for my brother) that it was missing parts? Try telling a ten year old boy that the kit that he just waited three weeks for is missing parts and that he has another long wait ahead of him. Not fun....not again.

Lunchboxer 12-09-2008 12:59 PM

Yeah, like someone was making them in their basement w/ a hack saw.. hee.. :D

drevil 12-09-2008 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Yeah, like someone was making them in their basement w/ a hack saw.. hee.. :D
LOL, how true.

http://clodzone.com/wp-content/uploa...aproblems2.jpg

http://clodzone.com/wp-content/uploa...aproblems3.jpg

http://clodzone.com/wp-content/uploa...aproblems1.jpg

drevil 12-09-2008 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: hmvwgunner50

i just got a clodbuster and i would lik to put some goodies on it. what is a good esc for it, was thinking of a novak super duty xrc? i would like to upgrade the motors, any suggestions? i would like some decent power and torque, nothing fast.
The super duty is a good choice, as well as the Traxxas EVX II.

86waterpumper 12-09-2008 01:14 PM

WOW those frame rails look pretty beat. It came new like that? have to bondo and jb weld all the holes up before you run it eh ?hahahahah. yeah you right kids don't like to wait for anything this is the reason rtr has taken off like it has. When I gave my daughter her dark impact for her birthday she was like I thought there was a car in here this is just a bunch of parts :D anytime in the next few days I had a spare minute she urged me to get busy building HAHAH. Anyway on the subject of the clod I like the look of the crawford performance stuff myself, it looks well made to me.

hmvwgunner50 12-09-2008 02:15 PM

drevil, any suggestions for motors. i was looking at the trinity 15t double speedgems extreme machine motors???

hmvwgunner50 12-09-2008 02:22 PM

how many turns are the stock motors on the clod??

Lunchboxer 12-09-2008 02:33 PM

hmvwgunner50 12-09-2008 02:42 PM

hey lunchboxer, do you have any ideas about upgrading the motors on the super clod?

Barber420 12-09-2008 08:58 PM

Ok, so it looks like any of the ESP kits are out. I've seen some of the other brands and kits out their, but man are their a LOT of choices. Basically, what I'm looking for is something that can jump, bash, drive well at speed, but still has flex to do minor crawling. I kind of want my Clod to be a jack of all trades, master of none.:D I've done research in a lot of threads I found using the search, but that just made matters worse to me as I discovered 50 different kits. One thing that makes it easier is that I see many of them are for crawling purposes only basically, so those are out. I would like to get peoples opinions about kits that they've actually used, or known someone that's used them. I found one kit I like and looks like it would fit the bill, but it was expensive. I'll go find it and post a link.

Here it is - http://www.clodparts.com/products/chassis/67.html By the way, what's Duraluminium? I've never heard of that before.

mazdaprotege4 12-09-2008 11:09 PM

For motors, you could use the Titan 550's from an e-maxx (that is what I am running) along with the EVX ESC. The only thing that I had problems with is tight clearance between the motor and the suspension links on the stock chassis.

frugalman 12-13-2008 10:58 PM

anyone have any idea about upgrading the stock servo saver?
i was bashing earlier today and one gold metal stud came out. i'm guessing i need to replace the servo saver. (waiting for the clod to dry before i dig in there)

Lunchboxer 12-15-2008 12:46 AM

Time to put the on axle servo setup..... :D

frugalman 12-15-2008 10:15 AM

^ i found the problem, the tiny nut holding the gold stud went missing. it's funny (or not), how these little parts just come out and go missing. i put in a spare one and put some krazy glue in it

hotrodlincoln886 12-15-2008 11:46 AM

well i posted earlier in this thread about brushless clodbuster and probably wouldn't be getting on etil after christmas......well christmas comes early this year http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ies%26_fvi%3D1 it's a little beat up but i have been looking for a project i have lots of ideas including a thunder tech racing chassis ans definatly ball bearings and some other assorted stuff. hopefully i'll get it before christmas. I CAN'T WAIT! and one more thing would anyone be able to scan their instruction manual and pm it to me i looked at tower and couldn't find a seperate one to order

hmvwgunner50 12-21-2008 06:51 PM

I am trying to put together a nice super clodbuster, so far I have a novak super duty xr esc, and oil shocks. I recently acquired some tamiya dirt tuned 27t motors. Would these work in the clod? And if so then how do i go about putting them in. I know i have to have one do a reverse rotation. Right? Cant I just cross the negative and positive for the front one??????

Barber420 12-21-2008 10:47 PM

Nope. You can make any motor with adjustable timing work, because you can set the timing to zero and switch the wires, but closed endbell motors don't have adjustable timing so you can't just switch the wires. For those kind of motors you have to specifically have a reverse rotation motor.

djr01974 12-23-2008 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went out yesterday to play after a good rain ... here is the end result .

cornel4web 12-23-2008 06:40 PM

wow...nice CLOD...what setup you have on ?[:-]