RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Super Clod Buster Build-up Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/4698553-super-clod-buster-build-up-thread.html)

Lunchboxer 12-27-2008 01:25 PM

RE: Super Clod Buster Build-up Thread

1 Attachment(s)

My favorite action shot of the day!!

GTRice 12-27-2008 01:57 PM

The ultimate snow blaster! Great shots. Need to get mine out to hit the snow as well. Classic snow jumping!

Lunchboxer 12-27-2008 04:44 PM

Yeah, you should! But maybe after you build your Blizzard.. hee hee.. :D

GTRice 12-27-2008 08:13 PM

Lol, yeah thanks! I proud owner of both the Blizzard and Clod! You are too!:D

86waterpumper 12-27-2008 09:24 PM

Man! I would like some higher res shots of those to use for a desktop wallpaper HAHA, I love the sink shot :P I usually throw mine over the central air grates, and dry them that way LOL. I need to start the build on mine. Is there plenty of room to mount a 3s lipo on these?

Lunchboxer 12-27-2008 09:37 PM

I don't know how big is the 3S pack that you are using...

It will easily fit dual 2S.. (I am running dual packs...)

E-mail me if you want any of the pic in the original resolution!

hmvwgunner50 12-27-2008 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
finally finished

Lunchboxer 12-27-2008 11:18 PM

Looks good! Will you be applying the decals? Or just leave it like this?!

GTRice 12-27-2008 11:54 PM

Looks great. Got to use those stock decals! It's some kind of decals that has superman or something that is smashing rocks to put on the sides of the body right?:D

hmvwgunner50 12-28-2008 10:26 AM

Nah, I think I am going to leave it like that. I have an extra complete body that i am going to do stock. I decided to just leave this one like it is. It has my own little touches. I was going to just put it on the shelf but after tearing it around the house i had to take it outside. It is the best kit I have made yet by far!!!! I love this clod!!! Everybody should have one!!!!

Lunchboxer 12-28-2008 10:41 AM

Which ESC are you running in your Clod?!

hmvwgunner50 12-28-2008 11:25 AM

Im running the stock motors and a novak super duty xr. I have some clodzilla power up motors and a lift kit on order for it. The T-maxx shocks were a little shorter than the stock ones so i need the lift, not much travel without it. haha

Lunchboxer 12-28-2008 11:29 AM

Yeah, definitely a lift kit due to the shorter shocks.. I have that on mine as well.. :D

ScsFactor 12-28-2008 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

What I love in a basher -> no maintenance required.. :D

After bash, just put it in the sink to let the ice melt.. and you are done.. hee.. !!
Hey LB, what kind of a weathe proofing do you have in there?

..that fan _cant_ enjoy being soaked :D

Lunchboxer 12-28-2008 06:08 PM

Yeah, but the ESC is all the way up front, so the ice / snow / water don't really get to it...

RX in a Tamiya balloon (ah, hmm, "rubber bag")..

That's it!

BrazosRC 12-29-2008 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of my Super Clod Buster I am building. I got the front and rear links for the servos from RC Guys, then bought the aluminum bumpers off ebay after a very long search to try and find them.

I love the aluminum bumpers, but when I put in the servos, I noticed it really decreases your travel distance. Here are some pics. Also, looks like I need a shorter arm as this one overshoots by about 1 inch. Any advice?

I need some of that foam that goes in the wheels too. They are mushy...I will have to review early posts to see where to get it.

Lunchboxer 12-29-2008 12:41 AM

Nice.. who made those bumpers?!

Sounds like you need to cut into the chassis to free up some more travel... I had to do that with mine as well.. although we have different setup..

The Hedgehog 12-29-2008 02:06 PM

LB, I'm late to the party, but I love the snow bashing pics!

Lunchboxer 12-29-2008 02:10 PM

Thanks! Yeah, it was a lot of fun!!

Too bad, all the snow has melted now.. ha!! But I am sure that we will get some more snow this winter.. ha!!

Barber420 12-29-2008 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: brazosminirc

Here are some pics of my Super Clod Buster I am building. I got the front and rear links for the servos from RC Guys, then bought the aluminum bumpers off ebay after a very long search to try and find them.

I love the aluminum bumpers, but when I put in the servos, I noticed it really decreases your travel distance. Here are some pics. Also, looks like I need a shorter arm as this one overshoots by about 1 inch. Any advice?

I need some of that foam that goes in the wheels too. They are mushy...I will have to review early posts to see where to get it.
Get a better chassis for it and your travel issues will be solved.:D I'm gonna be posting pics of my build soon. I just got a brand new Clod; I'm putting an EBR racing frame, thunder tech racing steering/skidplate/servo mounts front and rear, CPE inner axle tube stiffeners, Traxxas EVX-2, and a few other little odds and ends. Should have most of the parts I need by the end of the week, so start looking for some good build up pics.;) By the way, has anyone used the Integy Gun Metal gear and spool sets? They've got to be way tougher than the stock plastic gears.

Lunchboxer 12-29-2008 04:50 PM

I am a fan boy, so I will take Tamiya plastic gears over Integy aluminum.... hee.. :D

Barber420 12-29-2008 04:52 PM

I think the Integy gun metal gears are actually steel. I'm not positive though, as I've never actually had my hands on a set. I definitely will stick with the stock plastics over anything aluminium. If they're steel though, that'd be great, because I won't ever strip them then.:)

Lunchboxer 12-29-2008 04:56 PM

Get a set and let us know.. we are always looking for new parts reviews!!

Looking forward to your build.. !!

Barber420 12-29-2008 05:04 PM

If I do get a set it won't be for a few weeks+ probably as that mod is low on my list. It's killing me to not be able to drive it right now![:@] I've got the frame, kit, and servos, but I'm still waiting on receiving my inner axle stiffeners(going to use them as the template to drill my bottom holes for my 4-link) and I won't have the money for my Thunder Tech stuff until after the first.:eek: I'm just going to use the stock shocks until I can afford some nice ones towards the end of January.:) That ought to make it handle awesome!:);) Hopefully, if I get my parts from CPE this week, I can at least have it built as a roller so I can just push it around my house like a little kid.:D

Lunchboxer 12-29-2008 05:06 PM

Got any pics of the chassis?

What servo will you be using?!