RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Old RC10B 4 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/5906644-old-rc10b-4-a.html)

calvino 05-26-2007 11:42 PM

Old RC10B 4

I have the Assoicated RC10B 4 (gold frame, airtronics radio and servo equipment). My questions were if the motor is reversable or single direction, if it is bad if the tranny has a bit of slop when you turn it by hand via the tire. With the motor I am not fully shure if mine is burnt out or if it is just single direction. Also, with the transmision I am not shure if it is normal for it to have a little play when you turn only one tire and leave the other tire loose. My transmission is also prety tight is that a bad sign or am I just panaking??? Lastlly, are the shocks coil over oil dampening??????

rc10b4_racer 05-26-2007 11:46 PM

RE: Old RC10B 4

the shocks are oil filled. i dont really understand the tranny issue and lastly every electric motor is reversible. check for bindings

calvino 05-27-2007 12:02 AM

Also, does anyone know the battery voltage that it ran off of. The battery I have is a 7.2V. Is that the right voltage or is the battery that I have the wrong voltage???

xenonrc 05-27-2007 02:19 AM

ive been researching into the b4 for about 3 months now so i know a bit
ive got a b2 and it should run the same voltage as ur b4
i use a 9.6 volt batterry.
yea ur engines fried lol ive got like 5 engines for my cars alone
my b2 may be old but it still goes 25 to 30 miles an hour lol
your shocks should be fine because thats how all the shocks on associated cars are
if u have many more problems u should check out there site at www.teamassociated.com

rcnut1 05-27-2007 06:34 AM

Ok i am confused now. the part about the trans is not making any sense. The motor should turn backward as well as forward and you should feel a little bump in the motor when turning it slow. now the trans it should not be tight. With the motor out you should be able to spin the trans with your finger. With the motor in you will not get it to turn as eaze as the motor is making it drag. Now for the battery's All the ESC i have seen most will run fine on the 7.2 volt battery's. All the packs i have are 7.2 now when you jump up in cells your volts go up. but make sure the ESC you have will handle a higher cell pack are it will burn up the ESC. It is hard to set here and say what is going on with out having the car in front of us so we can see what you are saying. But good luck getting it going.

coleholley 05-27-2007 10:12 AM

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a RC10B4 because it doesn't have the gold chassis. So I'm guessing he has an Original RC10.
Like this

http://www.nitromonkey.net/rc10diss.JPG

calvino 05-27-2007 10:22 AM

Yeah, good reading coleholley. That is what my truck looks like with some dirt on it. If you turn the transmisson by the tire it is extremely tight. If you turn the transmission by the motor it is still tight but not as tight. Hey, I have yet to clean my motor so that may be all bound up with junk from the previous owner. Overall I still think it is a sick buggy. One more question. Can you use the seals on the shocks from the RC10B4 (the new one) because when I purchased mine the oil was almost all gone (which means extremely soft shocks with next to no recoil). Thanks

calvino 05-27-2007 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hey, here are my buggy pics.

rc10b4_racer 05-27-2007 03:55 PM

nice[8D]. just refill the shock oil.

Danju 05-27-2007 04:58 PM

sweeet car mini t. my neighbor has the same thing (except its got the mechanical speed control).

calvino 05-28-2007 12:24 AM

New update; no wories about transmission[sm=49_49.gif]. Motor is prety bound and gunked up and was causing the transmission to feel worn out. I am curious, does anyone know the wiring to the servo that steers the vehicle[sm=drowning.gif][sm=confused.gif]. Many thanks to anyone with the right answer;). Hope to post some more pics as they are applicable.

rcxboy 05-28-2007 12:53 AM

Servo wiring depends on the brand. Are there any wires coming out of the servo at all, and what colors? and order.

xenonrc 05-28-2007 03:19 AM

that is definitly an original rc10 buggy
the gold tub chassis only came out for that one
associated hasnt made a tub chassis since
or i least i havent seen one
but your likely to find some aftermarket parts
unlike mine which u can find none for

calvino 05-28-2007 12:47 PM

My servo is an "Airtronics" with wiring in this order Red, Black,Black. Mucho Thankos to anyone who can tell me the wiring.;). Also, does anyone know if the speed control module (also airtronics with same stupid wiring order r,b,b) model #96307 has a reverse mode (stil have to see if it even works)[sm=confused.gif]

Danju 05-28-2007 01:20 PM

hey mini t. i see your on here still. im trying to find the model on google. cant find it. i think its too old and discontinued.

metaldog 05-28-2007 01:32 PM

Hey mini-t read or post in the vintage old school thread ... a lot of your questions are answered or can be answered there. I have 8 of the same buggy your asking about .. go read the thread. Or PM me if you want.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3941931/tm.htm

also try here ...

http://www.rc10talk.com/

xenonrc 05-28-2007 10:23 PM

if ur a vintage buggy collector
do u have eny b2's?
im trying to find some parts lol
my b2 is my favorite rc car ever but i need parts
LOTS OF PARTS

calvino 05-29-2007 12:50 AM

Sorry, not a buggy collector. But it must not be easy to find parts for the vehicle considering it is so old:(. Hear it is really nice and durable considering it has the metal chasis. I would start to scour EBAY and sites like that for parts. For alll you know some of the parts for the RC10B4 may end up working for your vehicle???

calvino 05-30-2007 07:05 PM

This vehicle looks alot like those baja 500 buggies. If you threw on some LED lights and decals you would have one sweeet vehicle. I wonder how fast it could go with brushless and lipo's ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)? Thanks for all the helpful information that you have given. Thanks