RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Stampede at the Track (PART 2) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/6850515-stampede-track-part-2-a.html)

Always Dreamin 01-03-2008 10:45 PM

Stampede at the Track (PART 2)

Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Just got some footage from the track today and put it into another video. The second part of my Track fun.

For those of you that haven't seen my first video, [link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4666393931266060240&q=traxxas+stam pede+at+the+track&total=53&start=0&num=10&so=1&typ e=search&plindex=3]click me[/link].

The new one is just more of the first and better driving in my opinion. Let me know what you think. It's on youtube and google, but I suggest you watch the google one for better quality.

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7497103390716388890&q=traxxas+stampede+at+the+trac k&total=53&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex =0]VXL at the track part 2[/link].

It might look like the same lap replaying itself, but it's all seperate laps.

Enjoy, Always Dreamin[8D]

ChuckDeez 01-03-2008 11:50 PM

RE: Stampede at the Track (PART 2)

impressive. I would imagine it flipping over all the time, but it didn't.

Always Dreamin 01-04-2008 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: ChuckDeez

impressive. I would imagine it flipping over all the time, but it didn't.
It will flip if you push it. But on the track, you just slide and burn out. It's a great truck once you learn to drive it.

Access 01-04-2008 01:23 AM

If you set the anti-squat right you will be able to come out of the corners with a little more power, with loose dirt like that you really need to try to make the most of it and not bleed off too much around the corners, your cornering seemed consistent enough so you should be trying to speed it up a notch, drive a tighter line if you can, or accelerate a little sooner coming out of the corners and find out what the limits really are so you can race consistently.

Always Dreamin 01-04-2008 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Access

If you set the anti-squat right you will be able to come out of the corners with a little more power, with loose dirt like that you really need to try to make the most of it and not bleed off too much around the corners, your cornering seemed consistent enough so you should be trying to speed it up a notch, drive a tighter line if you can, or accelerate a little sooner coming out of the corners and find out what the limits really are so you can race consistently.
Thanks for the tips. If it isn't raining tommaro, I should get to try them out.

calvino 01-04-2008 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Access

Thanks for the tips. If it isn't raining tommaro, I should get to try them out.
I am a little currious what you mean by 'anti squat????? what is that, still catchin onto the car lingo:D

Slo-V Flyer 01-04-2008 01:35 AM

Anti- squat.. kinda hard to describe without a picture.... but it's the angle of the rear suspension arm's hinge pins attached to the base of the tranny case, looking from the side of the truck, the front of the hinge pin should be a little higher than the rear of the hinge. That under acceleration will help prevent the truck's rear from mushing lower like you see most real cars do under heavy throttle usage.

Always Dreamin 01-04-2008 01:43 AM

I had many pre-load spacers in for that jump.

calvino 01-04-2008 01:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer

Anti- squat.. kinda hard to describe without a picture.... but it's the angle of the rear suspension arm's hinge pins attached to the base of the tranny case, looking from the side of the truck, the front of the hinge pin should be a little higher than the rear of the hinge. That under acceleration will help prevent the truck's rear from mushing lower like you see most real cars do under heavy throttle usage.
so that means, you make the rear springs hard so they dont mush, got it, thanks[8D]

Access 01-04-2008 01:47 AM

ORIGINAL: calvino
I am a little currious what you mean by 'anti squat????? what is that, still catchin onto the car lingo:D
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/15/1.html

This is the setup guide I use.

"More anti-squat generally makes the rear of the car more sensitive to throttle input.
The car has more steering while braking, and also a little more powering out of corners.
On high-traction tracks, it may feel as if the car momentarily has more rear traction accellerating out of corners.
A car with more anti-squat can also jump a little higher and further, and it will soak up bumps a little better, off-power.
A lot of anti-squat (4� or more) can make the car spin out in turns, and make the rear end break loose when accellerating."

"Less anti-squat gives more rear traction while accellerating on a slippery or dusty track.
It also gives more side-bite.
Less anti-squat will make the car accellerate better and faster through bumpy sections.
Very little anti-squat (0� or 1�) makes the rear end feel very stable. It also makes power sliding a lot easier."

Anti-squat is one of the most important things to get right when matching your truck to the track. Some people try to set toe and other things like that, but that has tradeoffs. Once you get the anti-squat matched, it will drive better on that track and with no downside. Toe can make it easier to enter the corners (but harder to exit) or vice versa, but it can't really do both.

In this case you typically want less anti-squat, 2 degrees is typical and your track seems dusty and loose so try 1 degree and see how that feels, then move it again from there. It is roughly one degree per washer, but you can file down the washers or use other spacers to get fractional degrees.

Losi also has some good setup guides like the literature that comes with their kit trucks. Again they claim that anti-squat is one of the most dramatic adjustments to the handling that you can make. Just remember that anti-squat does nothing unless you are accelerating or braking. If you are just coasting into or out of the corners, you won't see much of a difference.

badaml 01-04-2008 03:10 AM

I was very impressed by the driving. I always figured the Stampede as a bit of, well, I won't say lol, but after watching that video, I have definitely changed my thoughts on it. Happy Racing, go kick some butt lol.

Always Dreamin 01-04-2008 03:25 AM

ORIGINAL: badaml

I was very impressed by the driving. I always figured the Stampede as a bit of, well, I won't say lol, but after watching that video, I have definitely changed my thoughts on it. Happy Racing, go kick some butt lol.
Glad I helped change your mind. When I think of the stampede, I think of one word, fun. I am very compeditive and always like to be the best at everything. Unfortunetly, you can't get that in one R/C:eek: thats why I turned to the stampede.

Takedown 01-04-2008 07:48 AM

I left a message. The vid looks good!