RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Official E-FIRESTORM thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7259802-official-e-firestorm-thread.html)

michajas 05-21-2009 12:49 PM

RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Well it was very good day!Itook my storm first time to the track (my first time on track) with new battery... It gave me 30min of fun :) It handles well (oh, I'll need to tune up some things) and is full of power! Time to re-charge...

Willystylz 05-21-2009 01:51 PM

poor you, it's night time there.....we get to run our Storms for many hours yet!</p>

Dobranoc!:D</p>

redfisher1974 05-21-2009 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Willystylz

HAhaha....oh it's a dandy day today, definitely a good day to take the storm out for a stroll:D
Yes it would..but Im waiting on new diff shafts...mine are worn so bad it shakes the piss outta my storm...

redfisher1974 05-21-2009 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: michajas

Well it was very good day!Itook my storm first time to the track (my first time on track) with new battery... It gave me 30min of fun :) It handles well (oh, I'll need to tune up some things) and is full of power! Time to re-charge...
Good job........30 mins is great....how hot is the motor after that?

michajas 05-21-2009 03:26 PM

well unfortunately way too hot I think, I don't havethermometer but it was untouchable... Idon't know if it's ok.

Willystylz 05-21-2009 09:09 PM

usually if you can't hold your finger on it for 2 secs or more it's too hot

Enzyme80 05-21-2009 09:43 PM

yes that is pretty much the rule... 30 mins straight is a long time... take a 5 min break and let things cool off a bit.

redfisher1974 05-22-2009 12:34 AM

Yeah thats too hot...I have a temp gun and at 140 i can hold my finger on it forever....so you were most likely over 200f not good...spend the money for a temp gauge..its the best way to set your gearing so you dont overheat the motor...

michajas 05-23-2009 09:51 AM

Hi, I wanted to ask if motiv ESCcan handle Mamba Max 7700 motor? I'm asking because Ihave oportunity to buy it for less than $30 and it's almost new :)

redfisher1974 05-24-2009 10:58 AM

Not sure.....You would have to gear it down...way down.

redfisher1974 05-25-2009 02:42 PM

I hate waiting on parts for my storm......

michajas 05-25-2009 03:01 PM

Yeah, that sucks ;)I'm waiting till tomorrow, mamba 7700 auction is ending so I'll know if it would be mine :)about gearing down Ithink about 17t pinion and stock spur... what do you think?
heh, I've made metal cover for motor and, 30min after finishing, it died :D I've landed from about 4m on rock.... it saved my motor!

firebox 05-25-2009 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

On Redfishers advice, I've stopped by to say hi :)

I've had my Firestorm Flux now for a few weeks, loving it. I'll post some pics of my stomping ground soon - meant to take some today, but the motor started smoking after a bad landing. Turns out the gears had moved, and were meshing too tight. Sorted now; here's a few pics.

For now I'm running on 3600mah NIMHs I got with the car... thinking about lipo soon. Just spotted a bent front ball race, so will order a replacement tonight, in case it breaks. Doesn't affect the handling though. Waiting on some dirt bonz juniors arriving :)

<br type="_moz" />

redfisher1974 05-26-2009 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: michajas

Yeah, that sucks ;)I'm waiting till tomorrow, mamba 7700 auction is ending so I'll know if it would be mine :)about gearing down Ithink about 17t pinion and stock spur... what do you think?
heh, I've made metal cover for motor and, 30min after finishing, it died :D I've landed from about 4m on rock.... it saved my motor!
I was thinking more like a 15t pinion for that motor.....but you should get a temp gauge and just keep the temps below 160f.....

redfisher1974 05-26-2009 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: firebox

Hey all,

On Redfishers advice, I've stopped by to say hi :)

I've had my Firestorm Flux now for a few weeks, loving it. I'll post some pics of my stomping ground soon - meant to take some today, but the motor started smoking after a bad landing. Turns out the gears had moved, and were meshing too tight. Sorted now; here's a few pics.

For now I'm running on 3600mah NIMHs I got with the car... thinking about lipo soon. Just spotted a bent front ball race, so will order a replacement tonight, in case it breaks. Doesn't affect the handling though. Waiting on some dirt bonz juniors arriving :)

<br type="_moz" />
Welcome........Yeah some better battery's will make a world of difference,Even going to a 7 cell sxs pack will help alot...liking the LB....

firebox 05-26-2009 03:20 AM

Thanks red :)

May wait until my birthday before I switch to lipo - gonna need two packs and a charger, and there doesn't seem to be much choice in the UK, so the price is really high.

Can't wait though :)

nmjim 05-26-2009 09:02 AM

Anyone know how to reset the SC-15 speed control? Havn't been able to find any info on that. Thanks.

nmjim 05-26-2009 09:03 AM

Anyone know how to reset the SC-15 speed control? Havn't been able to find any info on that. Thanks.
double post sorry.

redfisher1974 05-26-2009 10:28 AM

As far as i can tell you cant reset it...I think it sets itself everytime you turn it on......whats the problem with yours?

nmjim 05-26-2009 10:34 AM

Well, when I give it throttle the led light goes from green to red.  And the motor doesn't run at all.

redfisher1974 05-26-2009 10:41 AM

can you check the motor wires with a voltmeter when you pull the trigger?or hookup a different motor to check?

nmjim 05-26-2009 10:47 AM

That's a good idea.  I've got an Evader motor I could try.  And my buddy is an electrician so I'm sure he's got a volt meter.  Thanks.

redfisher1974 05-26-2009 10:49 AM

Your welcome..if you have power at the motor wires then we know its your motor if not then its the esc....

lcb1978 05-26-2009 06:43 PM

After recommendation from Redfisher I ordered and have just recieved 2 x 4000mah Zippy Lipos from Hobby King (Hong Kong) price including postage to the UK was &pound;45, They look very good and looking forward to using them!! Far cheaper then the high price brands available here! Thankyou Redfisher

ORIGINAL: firebox

Thanks red :)

May wait until my birthday before I switch to lipo - gonna need two packs and a charger, and there doesn't seem to be much choice in the UK, so the price is really high.

Can't wait though :)

redfisher1974 05-27-2009 12:38 AM

You are welcome...let us know how they work for you....