RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Official E-FIRESTORM thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7259802-official-e-firestorm-thread.html)

nitro-rob 07-19-2014 07:48 AM

I use those wheels exclusively on my dest210 an I like them. tough wheel and they look cool.

nitro-rob 07-19-2014 07:50 AM

Driftdragon - we aren't too far apart. Thats a heck of a motor to put in a firestorm, heck, its a lot of motor for a 4x4SCT on 2s, I can't imagine what its like in the firestorm. I put an 8th scale motor in once but it was too heavy so it was hard to appreciate the power.

tooth-less 07-22-2014 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by nitro-rob (Post 11844427)
I use those wheels exclusively on my dest210 an I like them. tough wheel and they look cool.

cool..have you ever tried fitting them on a firestorm ?

nitro-rob 07-22-2014 07:44 PM

Never did, but I am sure they would perform the same.

tooth-less 07-23-2014 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by nitro-rob (Post 11846540)
Never did, but I am sure they would perform the same.

Thanks again, I am just curious how much different the offset would be.

nitro-rob 07-23-2014 08:35 AM

Good point, they are zero offset and the storm uses deep offset wheels. Don't do it, the truck will be two inches narrower and you will notice it.

PM sent.

tooth-less 07-23-2014 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by nitro-rob (Post 11846833)
Good point, they are zero offset and the storm uses deep offset wheels. Don't do it, the truck will be two inches narrower and you will notice it.

PM sent.

Thanks for the help.

jonnyd91 09-21-2014 05:18 PM

Are they coming out with a new version of the e-firestorm?

I saw this on the HPI website but couldnt find anymore info on it.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/112878

nitro-rob 09-21-2014 05:26 PM

Yeah, it looks like they are going to release something new. The photos show the current release with a new body. I doubt there is a new firestorm, my guess is they are coming out with a new graphics package. Unfortunately, stadium truck is on the decline everywhere. If it does come out I would be interested in it, though, I am currently driving a durango.

jonnyd91 09-21-2014 05:40 PM

The box says 77+ MPH and it looks like the ESC is different so it looks like it has a re-vamped powertrain.

jonnyd91 09-23-2014 05:24 AM

Let my wife drive my truck the other day. 23 seconds later she hits a curb at full speed and breaks the front wheel off. I told her she drives it like she drivers her car. She didn't like that much :(
Replacing the part with alumium. ST Racing Alum Inline Style Strng Knuckl.

Krita 10-15-2014 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2040431Hi Guys, im a total newb to the forum and to my Firestorm Flux. Got it a couple weeks back, its the model with the 4800 Vector Brushless motor + Vapor (Sidewinder2) Castle combo. Really impressed with it overall.
Running it with ONYX Duratrax 5000mah 25C 2s LiPo's charging with Hitech X1 MF
Changes i have made so far:
- Airtronics Mx-V Controller + Receiver (replace stock conroller)
- Dynamite Robber Speedtracks tires+wheels for road running (had to drill center slightly bigger as was a bit smaller than HPI rims).
- Castle quick connect (on order)
- TBC...
;););)

Can other recommend some good hop ups or setups / battery types etc that will enhance this already great car?

nitro-rob 10-15-2014 10:12 AM

Welcome to the forum and the firestorm. There isn't much to do to it, I would say to make sure you have loctite on the servo saver nut and just enjoy it. There aren't as many mods available for the truck now that the Blitz is all but dead but there should be enough out there to satisfy you. I ran a carbon fibre chassis at one point with mine. If you get time I recommend you going through the past 100 pages or so in here that have been written, you won't need to read the whole thing since a lot has been repeated.

One thing off the top of my head would be to get a faster metal geared servo for it. Choices are limitless and depend on what you can spend.

Krita 10-22-2014 10:38 PM

Thank you for the response and advise Nitro-Rob, sorry for the late response. Great i will look into the faster servo, have noticed the stock one is a little slow.
Found out that in my area there are also not many people who run 1/10 or electric for that matter. So ive ordered a 1/8 Buggy - JQ "THE Car" Nitro which should arrive next week so quite excited for that too.

nitro-rob 10-23-2014 06:44 AM

You are lucky to be in an area where nitro is big and popular over electric. My nitro buggy and truggies were sold off this spring and summer. 10th scale has become popular here which makes sense since there are more indoor tracks for 10th in the winter. That being said, I don't know if I will be able to race stadium truck since its popularity is down in this area compared to the buggy and short course classes.

jwalls 02-11-2015 08:43 AM

can anyone help me out i have a e-firestorm flux and my esc caught on fire im trying to get a better one but dont really know what to get so any help would be great thanks

nitro-rob 02-11-2015 08:54 AM

Are you within the three month warranty period? If so, call HPI, their service is great. I recommend a castle creations mamba max pro or one of the rebadged versions from losi, HPI (Qbase) or associated. I used to be very into brand name with my ESCs and only ran Tekin for a while but I've been experimenting with hobbywing lately and they have many good ESCs that are worth trying out. If you are running the stock motor you really just need a 40 or 60 amp ESC. I have an xtreme stock and love it.

mrmiro 02-11-2015 08:57 AM

There are plenty 1/10 systems out there. If you are looking for economy, I would suggest hobbywing 60A, 80A or even 120A esc. great product for your money. But I would probably look at why you set your esc on fire in the first place.

nitro-rob 02-11-2015 09:02 AM

Good point Mr. Miro.

The Toro 120 amp ESCs are pretty popular here and they range from 70 to $100.

jwalls 02-11-2015 09:31 AM

ok thanks i was thinkin about the mamba max pro but if the toros almost as good for cheaper ill prob get that

nitro-rob 02-11-2015 10:28 AM

People run them in 4wd buggy with 6.5 turn motors. I don't know what their 3s capability is, though. You can get the mmpro versions taken from RTRs for about the same price.

jimmiejump 02-11-2015 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by nitro-rob (Post 11981215)
People run them in 4wd buggy with 6.5 turn motors. I don't know what their 3s capability is, though. You can get the mmpro versions taken from RTRs for about the same price.

I have one of these in my Firestorm running a 7 turn motor. Very pleased for the $.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...approved_.html

nitro-rob 02-11-2015 11:53 AM

You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a good ESC. I get killed by guys using Toro and Hobbywing stuff all the time at races, don't be afraid of it. I am impressed with the $40 Justock ESC I bought for stock racing.

jwalls 02-11-2015 12:48 PM

so should i get a motor and esc combo i still have the stock warp in it i kinda wanna get censored can i use that turnigy with my stock motor cause thats cheap as f***

jwalls 02-11-2015 12:52 PM

this one might work idk http://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Rac...ds=turnigy+esc its super cheap i mean if i could get one for 30 or 40 that would be amazing i just dont want anything catching on fire again lol and thanks for the feedback