RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Tamiya Pajero-Collective Build (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7288735-tamiya-pajero-collective-build.html)

Bok 01-19-2009 01:19 PM

RE: Tamiya Pajero-Collective Build

1 Attachment(s)
thanks collector1! Yours is looking great too! Really digging your wheels! My body is a bit scratched up, thanks to some Paris Dakkar-style desert driving. That's why I haven't put the decals on mine, might have to repaint the shell soon. Doing donuts on dirt is fun! Clean-up afterwards can be a PITA though [8D]

I seem to have a minor problem. The left rear wheel appears to be sticking out more than the right one. I've checked everything - shocks, axle, trailing arms, tires, wheels, body mounts. Couldn't find anything unusual. Is this normal?

NjBasher 01-19-2009 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Bok

Here's my Pajero. All stock except for ball bearings, aluminum wheel hexes and motor heatsink. Light kit is up next [8D] Lifted it a little by inserting bushings on top of the rear shock mounts and by trimming a bit of the front lower arms. Also trimmed the wheel arches of the body to prevent the F350 tires from rubbing ;)
what kind of tires you using?

Bok 01-19-2009 01:33 PM

I'm using Tamiya Rock Cruiser tires... the ones that come stock with the High Lift kits.

The Collector1 01-19-2009 01:59 PM

Did you try swapping the rear body mounts?

Bok 01-19-2009 02:07 PM

Yes I did swap the mounts, even put the stock tires back. Checked the trailing arms, shocks, axle, wheel hexes. Couldn't find anything...

jncwhite 01-19-2009 06:19 PM

I'm using Tamiya Rock Cruiser tires... the ones that come stock with the High Lift kits.
are those tires softer than the stock pajero tires?

Bok 01-19-2009 10:12 PM

These are a little bit stiffer than the stock tires

Zerrminator 01-20-2009 01:11 AM

Here's an update on mine. Finished building the chassis tonight. The body color I went with is Mica Blue. I think I'll end up going with Light Gun Grey for the bumper trim and finish it off with a couple coats of Clear Gloss.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3502/...afa36292_b.jpg

Bok 01-20-2009 08:31 AM

^ good choice on the color [8D]

lee172 01-20-2009 11:13 AM

^ good choice on the color [8D]
x2 it looks really nice [8D]

NjBasher 01-20-2009 10:14 PM

todaqy i trimmed the c hub so it can turn more

manerdie 01-21-2009 07:16 AM

good day to you,
i'am manerdie from manila, philippines..i'll be getting this cc-01 pajero by next week, quick question, what are the exact dimension of the bearings i need to buy and and how many do i need. i cant seem to understand the manual on how many bearings and its type of bearing to be used, i want a full bearing set-up.. thanks..

BigTb17 01-21-2009 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: BigTb17

ORIGINAL: jncwhite

how many and what size bearings do i need
5x11mm (qty: 11)

5x8mm (qty: 3)

6x12mm (qty: 2)

10x15mm (qty: 2)

;)

Bok 01-21-2009 09:22 AM

Menardie,

You will need

11 pcs. 5x11 bearings
3 pcs. 5x8
2 pcs. 10x15
2 pcs. 6x12

manerdie 01-21-2009 10:43 AM

@Bok

wow, thanks for the fast reply bro!! by the way i'll pm you something, thanks, i'm really excited with this pajero!!!

by the way, do you have any idea on how can i make a do-it-yourself light bucket? its really hard to order online specialy here in the philippines..

The Collector1 01-21-2009 04:44 PM

It has headlight and fog light buckets kinda but for turn,brake and backup you would have to cut the plastic because its not lexan its not clear, I thought about doing it as I have seen it done but really dont have the time

jncwhite 01-21-2009 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: manerdie

good day to you,
i'am manerdie from manila, philippines..i'll be getting this cc-01 pajero by next week, quick question, what are the exact dimension of the bearings i need to buy and and how many do i need. i cant seem to understand the manual on how many bearings and its type of bearing to be used, i want a full bearing set-up.. thanks..
i got mine off ebay. it only cost like ten bucks for the whole set.

Bok 01-21-2009 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: manerdie

@Bok

wow, thanks for the fast reply bro!! by the way i'll pm you something, thanks, i'm really excited with this pajero!!!

by the way, do you have any idea on how can i make a do-it-yourself light bucket? its really hard to order online specialy here in the philippines..

You're welcome! As what The Collector1 has said, it comes with light buckets for the headlights and fog lights. You will love building the Pajero, it's a quick and easy build and be completed in one evening (not including the body).

manerdie 01-21-2009 09:45 PM

You're welcome! As what The Collector1 has said, it comes with light buckets for the headlights and fog lights. You will love building the Pajero, it's a quick and easy build and be completed in one evening (not including the body).

ok, i understand that the pajero has light buckets for its headlights ang front fog lights, well i'm a light lover(even on my drift rc cars).
I'm planning to make my own roof rack and put on some 4 additional fog lights on the front and then 2 more on the rear. i've seen here in the previous posts that i can buy the roof rack and fog lights, but my only problem is there is no local seller of that item here in the philippines, so my only resort is to make my own, any tips on how can i make light buckets for my additional fog lamps?

sasse2323 01-22-2009 09:14 AM

I just finished my Pajero. Cant figure how to post a picture here. Any help?

sasse2323 01-22-2009 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is. Bought kit from lunchboxer. One pic shows how i lifted the body. I used plastic tree parts from the kit. Hpi Wheels and highlift tires. ball bearing set. I am only getting 5 min runtime on a fresh 3300nimh battery. My rc10 with a mamba max 7700 gets 15 min on the same battery. Should i put the mamba in the pajero? What are my other options? Is the drivetrain that inefficient? or is the voltage cutoff on the tamiya esc too high?

Lunchboxer 01-22-2009 10:38 AM

Wha! My customer shows up here?! (joke) :D

Looks great! Did you have to modify the chassis to get more lift when you fit the bigger tires?!

sasse2323 01-22-2009 11:03 AM

Hi lunchboxer,

No chassis mod. just a body lift. Bushings in the front and the rear pin mod on the rears. The tires arent that much bigger.

Lunchboxer 01-22-2009 11:05 AM

Sounds good.. Looks good that way.. make me want to get those tires myself.. !! :D

manerdie 01-22-2009 12:01 PM

really nice pajero you got sir!! by the way, using the stock motor, can i upgrade my pinion size? whats the best pinion size to use? oh by the way whats the difference when using the higher pinion gear vs the stock 16t pinion gear