RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Tamiya Pajero-Collective Build (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7288735-tamiya-pajero-collective-build.html)

The Collector1 02-03-2009 04:25 PM

RE: Tamiya Pajero-Collective Build

[quote]ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Collector1, pretty neat clear shocks!

Thanks, ever since I did my Manta Ray with the blue shocks, I got the bug, I might do another one, they are smoother than the stock shocks, I havent found one of the the alloy C hubs so I can install them so for now its just the steering blocks for now

NjBasher 02-03-2009 06:34 PM

its snowing woot water proofing my electronics now cant wait to drive my pajero in the snow im using ziplocs then ca gluing where the wires have to come out of the seal

cornel4web 02-04-2009 02:33 AM

do you think the new comming release (Jeep Wrangler on xc/cc chassis) will gonna end the production life of Limited Edition Pajero ???[X(][:-][8D]

Lunchboxer 02-04-2009 02:41 AM

End of Pajero production?! Good thing that I am covered on that front... :D

cornel4web 02-04-2009 03:02 AM

me too...LOL...LOL...LOL...:D:D:D

lee172 02-04-2009 04:23 AM

Pajero is going cheap at Stella!

http://www.stellamodels.net/catalog/...oducts_id=3690

Bok 02-04-2009 04:42 AM

ORIGINAL: cornel4web

do you think the new comming release (Jeep Wrangler on xc/cc chassis) will gonna end the production life of Limited Edition Pajero ???[X(][:-][8D]

They are re-releasing the Wrangler? Can you post a link to this information? Maybe you are talking about the CR-01 Jeep Wrangler... [8D]

lee172 02-04-2009 04:52 AM

http://tamiyablog.com/ ;)

Bok 02-04-2009 07:04 AM

^ Thanks for the link! Oh man, I was saving up to buy a High Lift Tundra, now I guess I have to save up for the Wrangler too :D

NjBasher 02-04-2009 02:40 PM

if its on the same chassis i dont c y they would discontinue it. the cr01 chassis has more than 1 model and the highlift series too

Bok 02-05-2009 09:42 AM

It's official, they are re-releasing the wrangler! :D

http://tamiyablog.com/uploaded_image...209-721803.JPG

The Collector1 02-05-2009 03:12 PM

Well, I guess I know what one of my next purchases will be:D

NjBasher 02-05-2009 05:19 PM

its the same chassis so im just gonna buy a body hopefully they make some lexan bodies

Bok 02-06-2009 07:53 AM

The CC-01 Wrangler is now on Tamiya USA's site. It says there it'll come with the LED light unit :D

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84071

azian1221 02-06-2009 10:29 PM

Hey, i know im kinda off the topic but would i need to waterproof the battery conecters or no? if i do how would i waterproof it?

manerdie 02-08-2009 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
whats the offset of the pajero's stock rims(wheels)
as you can see i used my hpi Rays Gram Lights wheels 9mm offset(used on my drift cars) i love the deep lip
my only problem is the tire is rubbing into the buttom part the front fenders when turning. what do you guys think should i do?

The Collector1 02-08-2009 03:52 PM

I had to use 0mm offset because when I used 3mm it rubbed so I want to say its 0mm

manerdie 02-08-2009 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

I had to use 0mm offset because when I used 3mm it rubbed so I want to say its 0mm

damn....too bad...i guess i'll just be sticking with my stock wheels then...

Bok 02-08-2009 08:53 PM

Very nice Pajero manerdie! You can try lifting the body a bit to reduce the rubbing

Bok 02-09-2009 04:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to the park today and took some action shots. I let my girl drive while I took pictures. She had fun doing donuts and drifting it in the dirt :D Photos aren't that good, forgot that I had my white balance set to tungsten light. Tried my best to correct it in Photoshop. ;)

Also lost the screw holding the rear shock to the trailing arm. This is the second time it has happened. I'll have to find some longer screws with lock nuts to prevent it from happening again.

lee172 02-09-2009 06:58 AM

nice pics, i used to haven the same 'screw loose' problem on my CC-01, why not use ball connectors where the step screws should go? it works a treat, plus there's less slop in the suspension.

Bok 02-09-2009 01:11 PM

I tried using ball connectors, but the lower portion of the shocks won't snap into them. The ones I used were the regular Tamiya gold ones - the same ones used on the upper shock mounts.

lee172 02-09-2009 01:21 PM

there is a slightly smaller ball connector, as i have a few in my pars box, though i'm not sure why the normal ones wont fit.

BigTb17 02-10-2009 07:31 PM

Anyone else's Pajero do wheelies:D. It has been crappy weather ever since I completed my Pajero. Seriously not a single day without snow, salt, rain, ice, etc. My appartment is very small, but that hasn't stopped me from climbing boxes, etc. with the Pajero every now and then. I have my Novak XBR 13.5 brushless system in it, and I can't believe the torque. The motor has a lot of torque, but the gearing in the Pajero is fairly low as well. I'm not really looking for super high performance, but the torque is fun. It will climb the steepest ramp I can make with only the lightest application of throttle. I'm sure the top speed won't be impressive, but I could care less about top speed. I can't wait to get this out on some rough terrain.

And yes, it does wheelies;). Not exactly a scale performance attribute, but funny. I really wasn't looking (nor did I ever think it would) for it to do wheelies. I really just like the torque for easier slow, scale driving. However, maybe it's the child (or the motorhead) in me, but I get a stupid thrill knowing it can do wheelies, haha.

Bok 02-11-2009 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: lee172

there is a slightly smaller ball connector, as i have a few in my pars box, though i'm not sure why the normal ones wont fit.

I tried fitting the shock ends to the normal ball connectors, they would snap in but it was a really tight fit. The binding might affect the suspension movement. I did have some spare shock ends that fit the ball connectors, but they were a little shorter than the stock ones. So I had to stick with the stock shock ends. Went to the hardware store and got some 1/8 x 3/4 stove bolts. Also used some Tamiya brass collars I had lying around. So far so good [8D]