RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7367370-official-traxxas-slash-short-course-race-truck.html)

trackmaster 10-19-2010 08:10 PM

RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

thats a good idea air

trackmaster 10-19-2010 08:11 PM

that pic is of a body that i have raced whith an entire season and a half it looks good to me

501st 10-19-2010 08:16 PM

yea but everybody listn to this before every race his car looks brand new,before each race he puts wd-40 on the tires and wheels.

trackmaster 10-19-2010 08:17 PM

a lot of people do that it makes the tires look new but dont leave it on too long or itll soften the foams in the tires
[&:]

trackmaster 10-19-2010 08:21 PM

speaking of tires im getting the new s1 compound slash tires how do they work

FireFrenzy 10-20-2010 05:13 AM

the new slash tires, as in the ones that came with the 4wd? those are concidered horrible, to much surface area for anything other then on road use. they are sort of okay when you ditch the ultra hard compound for the s1 but even then...

momogt 10-22-2010 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a few pics of my brushless slash this is the first body i ever painted made some mistakes put not to bad

clp.eng 11-15-2010 11:38 PM

Hi, all! I'm pretty new to R/C cars & I've had the 2WD Slash a couple of months. I just finished reading all 100 pages & wanted to say THANKS to you all. I've learned a lot & learned I've still got a lot to learn.

I'm running it stock but have "plans" for it. Unfortunately, I've been out of work for 6 months & hobby ca$h is scarce at the moment. I'm a basher, mostly on hard surfaces but I've been looking for some place to try it where it was meant to be run! There aren't any tracks near by. I tried a skateboard park but the landings were brutal. I found an "unoffical" BMW track but you can only see one side at a time & one side runs along a creek so if you miss a jump.... SPLASH!

My 1st time out I broke it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB5v-jKYQhU[/youtube]

Nothing since then. One tuff truck!

momogt - nice paint job!

Chuck

No Moa 11-16-2010 01:08 PM

Got my first look at a slash on sunday, my 10 year old nephew got one for his bday. We ran our 2 summits, and his slash. Keep in mind, he is 10. That slash is TOUGH. Its spent more time upside down then right side up. Broke one of the side impact loops, and lost a screw.
Thats tough in my book. Can't wait to get a couple 4x4s.

Cutless009 11-16-2010 02:29 PM

Here's my slash after some love.  I broke a front A-Arm, so I decided to go RPM all the way around.  <div>
</div><div>http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...1/IMG_0780.jpg</div><div>
</div><div>I dyed the chassis black while I was at it since it was mostly apart anyways, and used some thick-loom sleeving on the wires for extra protection and to clean up the looks.<div>
</div><div>http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...1/IMG_0783.jpg</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>Then I took it out today, and not 2 minutes into some very tame bashing, this happened:</div><div>
</div><div>http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...1/IMG_0793.jpg</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>Gonna pick up a steel adapter and the HKZ Motor Mount + Bearing and give that a try, see if I can keep this from repeating itself.</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>This thing has spent more time laid up from broken parts than it has bashing in my yard, and I haven't even jumped the damn thing yet.  So frustrating.</div><div>
</div></div>

yotaman1991 11-16-2010 10:59 PM

don't worry the kingeadz mount will fix your issue there. my bearings were blowing what seemed like avery 3rd run but i must have 50 + since i went with kingheadz,think i should clean that bearing yet-ha,actually that's not funny....

rc theman 11-17-2010 12:03 AM

Nice slash, what tires are those? And also this is the 2wd section but who cares lol

momogt 11-17-2010 07:48 AM

how well does a slash handle onroad with stock tires

No Moa 11-17-2010 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: rc theman

And also this is the 2wd section but who cares lol
OOPS! lol. I just saw that.

clp.eng 11-17-2010 08:58 AM

It handles pretty well as stock, if you make the adjustments noted in the manual. To improve the ride, I've have been researching different tires for on road & looking at sway bars.

Chuck

FireFrenzy 11-18-2010 05:53 AM

you mean more then just the proline street tires, the stock 4wd tires, and the hot racing swaybar kit? sorry if i just burst your bubble...

momogt 11-18-2010 06:58 AM

would the sway bar kit for the 4wd fit the 2wd slash

FireFrenzy 11-18-2010 07:55 AM

no it would not...

momogt 11-18-2010 12:31 PM

do they make a 2wd sway bar kit

clp.eng 11-18-2010 02:34 PM

Yes, there is a kit for the 2wd. Here's one [link=http://www.toadztoyz.com/TRAXXAS/RUSTLER-STAMPEDE-SLASH/Front-Rear-Sway-Bar-Kit-p8598941.html]vendor. [/link] I've used him for something else - very fast order fill & shipping.

Chuck

Redvanmafia 11-18-2010 03:48 PM

I keep Blowing up the spider gears in my differential, does anybody know of a good replacement?, it seems like twice a season they'll strips out on me, i lock my slipper for a few test runs, no jumps no tumbles and still they strip.

momogt 11-19-2010 01:20 AM

will sway bars stop my truck from flipping every time i go to make a turn when running onroad my truck will flip when im slowing down and ease on the brake what to do to stop the flipping another ? will a lipo rated @ 30c be faster then a 20c lipo both 5000mah i know one will have more amps then the other how important are amps when usig lipo,s

clp.eng 11-19-2010 03:07 PM

momogt - Did you change the shocks & add the spacer per the instruction manual? The sway bars will help (I've seen vids as I haven't bought mine yet) but with the BL setup with the extra speed, skill will be required to keep it from flipping! LOL The "C" rating tells you how much current is available, speed is determined by the voltage. A 30C will deliver more current for a longer time given the same "constant" load. The 30C can also provide more peak current when you need it.

Chuck

momogt 11-19-2010 05:29 PM

i should have mention that i have the traxxas anaconda tires are there any other onroad tires that work better

Cutless009 11-19-2010 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: clp.engThe "C" rating tells you how much current is available, speed is determined by the voltage. A 30C will deliver more current for a longer time given the same "constant" load. The 30C can also provide more peak current when you need it.

Chuck
So higher C rating = longer run times? I'm confused as to what good higher current is good for.
<br type="_moz" />