RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   short range in stampede (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/8457591-short-range-stampede.html)

slogan 02-09-2009 04:08 PM

short range in stampede

velineon setup in a traxxas stampede good speed,after 25' or 30' stalling, several new locations,same result, the set-up is the original lay out.

newjak 02-09-2009 04:15 PM

RE: short range in stampede

ORIGINAL: slogan

velineon setup in a traxxas stampede good speed,after 25' or 30' stalling, several new locations,same result, the set-up is the original lay out.
Make sure that there is no damage to the antenna on the truck. Also make sure that the AA batts in your TX are good. 25' is REALLY short. Are you using the antenna tube? TX antenna fully extended?

1maxdude 02-09-2009 04:20 PM

I'd try a new RX if all else is good. Make sure your antenna doesn't come in contact with carbon fiber,graphite, aluminum, etc. What kind of batteries are you using, and do you have your lipo cutoff turned on? Maybe if your binding and geared too high, using poor batteries, it could cause the lipo cutoff to engage if its on, and you're using nimhs. Do you still have steering when it stops you?

slogan 02-09-2009 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the rx is new,the batteries check out,good.the pics shows the layout,anything needs to be changed? and yes i have steering when the signal is lost or the range is shortened.

newjak 02-09-2009 10:28 PM

You didn't mention what battery you're running. If you are still able to steer than you are not out of radio range. Sounds more like the VXL LVC issue.

1maxdude 02-10-2009 04:06 AM

Yeah, probably, get out your manual and figure out how to disable your low voltage cutoff. You say the batteries are good? If they are nickel metals and less than stellar, they could be getting sucked down while under acceleration to the point that would trigger the low voltage cutoff. Or, it could be a faulty speed controller. I seem to read alot about the vxl lvc not functioning properly, I don't own one personally.

newjak 02-10-2009 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: 1maxdude

Yeah, probably, get out your manual and figure out how to disable your low voltage cutoff. You say the batteries are good? If they are nickel metals and less than stellar, they could be getting sucked down while under acceleration to the point that would trigger the low voltage cutoff. Or, it could be a faulty speed controller. I seem to read alot about the vxl lvc not functioning properly, I don't own one personally.
I have a couple of VXL's and the LVC sucks real bad! I disabled mine and run my trucks without it and just monitor my runtime (3S) or use my 2S lipo alarm