RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   MAKE MY RUSTLER A RACER (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/8781669-make-my-rustler-racer.html)

pede_187 05-21-2009 03:49 PM

RE: MAKE MY RUSTLER A RACER

ORIGINAL: Lurp06x

No because i was talking with them an they were telling me its better to go with the titan an just replace it as a needed basis like its normal to replace the motor two or three times a year. an i looked around an thats the only motor that they carried that would work for ym car. i really dont want to be worried about my motor crapping out on me all the time. i know brushless is way better but very expensive.
Sounds to me like they are just trying to get more money off of you. The titian is well known for dying after only a few runs.

Lurp06x 05-21-2009 04:23 PM

yeah i know. i still cant decide on what to get for a replacement motor. if you do have a suggestion dont tell me the brand name give me all the details of what the motor is an it would be nice if you have personal experince with that motor.

Chris_RC 05-21-2009 04:39 PM

Find out if they allow the Checkpoint motor in the slash class first. Also, the checkpoint motors will need to have new brushes/comm cut, which is just like getting another titan. Figure this, a titan is $20. The checkpoint is $50. Every 50 runs, you need/should get a set of new brushes-$10, and a comm cut that often to. If you dont have anyone local that runs brushed and has a communtator, your motor will lose alot of power, and you could of just kept replacing the titan's. I say get the titan, break it in correctly, and it should run for a long time.

Lurp06x 05-21-2009 09:09 PM

all right sounds fine</p>

</p>

</p>

Lurp06x 06-10-2009 01:31 PM

Ok this thread has been dead for a while but heres what i got in my rustler so far. I got a novak havoc spec 13.5t brushless motor combo, spektrum DX2 with servo that cam with it installed. an proline gladiator tires front an proline ribbed tires front i think all thats missing is some better shocks but i got the things i thought would be needed in racing because to me racing isnt about the car its more of the the driver than anything. i still have a stock body but i dont car its whats underneath that matters :D so it flys like crazy an it is better an i am driving better than some of the 8eight-T drivers on the track tha makes me happy just they get a little aggressive an try an beat my rustler up. jerks. :(. i think there jealous because this little 1/10 car is owning them.