RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   mamba max 5700kv (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/9009038-mamba-max-5700kv.html)

shnebo 08-11-2009 08:59 PM

mamba max 5700kv

ok. im thinking about getting the mamba max 5700kv. how fast do you think it would run with a 7-cell nimh 3000 mahbatteryand a 7cell nimh 5000 mah battery?

samguan 08-11-2009 09:01 PM

RE: mamba max 5700kv

not enough information. Run with a 3S and that thing flies.

shnebo 08-11-2009 09:05 PM

well what type of battery would u thing be best?

Lurp06x 08-11-2009 09:12 PM

plus what are you going to be driving with this motor

CarGuy7a 08-11-2009 09:12 PM

Well what are you going to be using it for? speed runs or bashing. If bashing, me personally I'd go with a lower KV motor. The higher KV motors tend to produce more heat faster than lower KV motors also they don't have as much torque. I'm running a Sidewinder 4600 in my BL slash and it's faster than my VXL rustler but doesn't have the torque the VXL motor does. Also it gets hotter quicker than the VXL motor.

Where in KY you at?

shnebo 08-11-2009 09:15 PM

i have the rustler xl-5. and i live in louisville. i got to hobbytown usa in middletowm

ill probably bash and do speed runs.

CarGuy7a 08-11-2009 09:29 PM

Wow you go all the way to middletown OH for parts. There's a Hobbytown in Cincinatti u know. Don't know if they are as good as middletown tho.

But like I said even my CC 4600KV motor get's pretty hot. Chances are you'll need an alum trans case to help manage the motor temps. I know I had to get one for the slash to keep temps at bay even geared 15/90 it was getting 170 in like 10 minutes on 2s lipo.

2s and 3s lipo is what you want for insane speeds. I get my lipos from spcracing.com. They have good prices and the packs have great punch.

I'm in Boone County BTW.

shnebo 08-11-2009 09:33 PM

actually theres a middletown in louisville haha. its a small store but i like it.

so if im goiong to be doing some bashing and some speed runs im best off with the 4600kv?
ohh and for my rustler what gearing should i use?
what exact battery do you use btw?

CarGuy7a 08-11-2009 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: shnebo

actually theres a middletown in louisville haha. its a small store but i like it.

so if im goiong to be doing some bashing and some speed runs im best off with the 4600kv?
ohh and for my rustler what gearing should i use?
what exact battery do you use btw?
LOL I was gonna say, there's is no way you go that far up to OH to get parts LOL!!!

Yeah the 4600 gives more gearing options. Well the slash and rustler gearing is close to the same since they both share the same tranny. Castle recommends a 16 to 22 tooth pinion with stock spur or larger and like I said I started at a 17T pinion with 86 spur and made it all the way down to a 15T pinion with 90 spur and couldn't get the temps where I wanted which is why I got the alum trans case which I'd recomend you do as well. I think some of my heat trouble too is the Slash is a heavier truck than the Rusty. I got the cheap $35 Integy tranny case which I heard is pretty decent piece (rare for Integy to be a good piece). The Castle combos comes with a gearing setup chart and all the info you need. Also if you get the MM combo go ahead and spend the $20 for the Castle Link so you can play with all the ESC adjustments on your computer.

The lipos I use are the SPC house brand red packs. I have 2 7.4V 5000mah packs and one 3s 11.1V 5000mah pack which is INSANE. They changed the pack size to fit perfectly in the Rustlers, Bandits, and Pede's which is why they are having trouble keeping them in stock, plus like I said the packs are awesome and priced good too. For charging I use the Onyx230 and an Astro Flight Blinky Balancer.

Oh also the run times on those 5000mah packs are between 20-30minutes.

shnebo 08-11-2009 09:57 PM

haha and first i cant drive. so when ever my mom goes to the grocery i go to hobbytown. its like 5 min away.

and i just looked up thosebatteriesand damn therereallygood priced. and the run time is awesome.

and thanks for all the help. ill probably willl be getting the mamba max once i get enough money haha

CarGuy7a 08-11-2009 10:02 PM

Heck yeah for the price and adjustability of MM you can't beat it. Mine's only a Sidewinder 4600 combo but still has the adjustability and cheaper than VXL.

traxxas4ever 08-20-2009 08:55 PM

definitly do lipo. anything else is worthless. also get the mm. it is also awsome. the sidewinder will be ok with it but if you want to run 3 cells with the 4600kv id get the mamba max esc instead of a sidewinder because the esc may have a little bit of a heat problem. i would do the 3 cells with the mamba max myself for the extra money it is worth it. on a rack it is more power than you can use (i run it anyway) however for bashing and speed it is unmatched.

Le0Heart 06-26-2010 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: shnebo

ok. im thinking about getting the mamba max 5700kv. how fast do you think it would run with a 7-cell nimh 3000 mahbatteryand a 7cell nimh 5000 mah battery?
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Well you can basically have a look at the Choosing Calculator for Pinon Gear / Spur Gear setups for a given Kv Motor. It will tell you how much Work Efficiency and Possible Heat buildup you will have. I would often use it to chose my gearing ratios and motors. This helps save money in the endhttp://monster.traxxas.com/images/smilies//tongue.gif

Here is itPinion &amp; Spur Gear Setup VS Speed &amp; Heatup

Regards,
Le0Heart</span>
<br type="_moz" />