RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/9399008-mamba-2200kv-2650-kv.html)

jamie 01-08-2010 03:21 PM

MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
hello guys whats the differnce at towers there the same price

Jeremy Z 01-08-2010 03:27 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
The difference is how fast the motor spins with a given input voltage. 2650 kv is faster and more suited to buggies. 2200 is slower & more torquey, and more suited to monster trucks.

2200 kv means that with a 1 V input, it will turn 2200 RPM. (no load)

overrev 01-08-2010 04:03 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
The mamba 2650 is also a shorter can size than the 2200 so it put out less power than the 2200.

motoxxx996 01-08-2010 04:29 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
Is it safe to say that the higher the kv like a 6900kv will produce high rpm but low torque, so thats why they are used in 1/10th scale and a 2200kv is all torque and low rpm's?

rebuilder 01-08-2010 04:30 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
You can also run a 2200 on 6s and the 2650 is recommended only for 4s...............

srt10 01-08-2010 05:11 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: overrev

The mamba 2650 is also a shorter can size than the 2200 so it put out less power than the 2200.
yes I agree the 2650kv motor does put out less torque than the 2200kv.. shorter can vs a bit bigger can
2200kv is more suited for MT as the 2650kv more suited for buggy, both can run on 6s but the 2200kv motor take it alot easier :D

rebuilder 01-08-2010 06:25 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: jamie

hello guys whats the differnce at towers there the same price

Here are specs from castle to compare them:

Mamba Monster/Neu-Castle 2650kv Motor
Max Input Volts: 16.8
Amp Rating*: 120
Weight: 370g (13.1 oz)
Motor Diameter: 39.98mm
41.78mm with fins
Motor Length: 68mm
Shaft: 5mm
Bearings: Oversize ABEC-1 front and rear
Connector: 6.5mm
Note: Motor wires OK to shorten

Mamba Monster/Neu-Castle 2200kv Motor
Max Input Volts: 25.2
Amp Rating*: 120
Weight: 424g (15 oz)
Motor Diameter: 39.98mm
41.78mm with fins
Motor Length: 75.18mm
Shaft: 5mm
Bearings: Oversize ABEC-1 front and rear
Connector: 6.5mm
Note: Motor wires OK to shorten


srt10 01-08-2010 09:48 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
2650 motor can go 6s :D
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/w...2009/006-6.jpg

srt10 01-08-2010 09:49 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: jamie

hello guys whats the differnce at towers there the same price

What are you looking to put one into? [:-]

jamie 01-12-2010 10:24 AM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
I WASNT I HAVE A NEW E REVO AND MY BUDDY FOUND HIM A E REVO ON EBAY WITH THE 2650 .. WHY DID THEY MAKE THE 2650 AT ALL

Access 01-12-2010 10:46 AM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
Some people will always buy the higher number, assuming it is better. The 2650 was necessary for ROAR 1/8th scale racing where battery setups other than 4s are illegal, and the larger 2200KV motor may not fit in certain vehicles.

srt10 01-12-2010 12:04 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: jamie

I WASNT I HAVE A NEW E REVO AND MY BUDDY FOUND HIM A E REVO ON EBAY WITH THE 2650 .. WHY DID THEY MAKE THE 2650 AT ALL

a good ap is a buggy.. they are lighter and don't need such a big can like a MT, and at the same time can use more kv on 4s

Doxiedad 05-02-2010 07:44 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
How would the 2200kv do in a buggy? I got an erbe and am pulling the motor out of it to put into a converted xb808 buggy I just got. Would I just have to gear it to account for slightly lower rpm motor?

Access 05-02-2010 07:57 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: srt10
Quote:

ORIGINAL: overrev
The mamba 2650 is also a shorter can size than the 2200 so it put out less power than the 2200.
yes I agree the 2650kv motor does put out less torque than the 2200kv.. shorter can vs a bit bigger can
2200kv is more suited for MT as the 2650kv more suited for buggy, both can run on 6s but the 2200kv motor take it alot easier :D
Actually I don't believe castle specs any more than 4s for the 2650. 2650 is basically made for cases where the 2200KV won't fit, or in the newer ROAR class where you are only allowed 4s (so you want maximum power there). But even so, the 2200KV on 4s would probably do fine in those cases or on those tracks.

Willystylz 05-02-2010 08:01 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
This is all good info. I sorta guessed right on the uses for both motors, but now I'm a lot clearer on it.

Just curious roughly how much bigger is the 2200kv compared to the 2650kv?

dockman2 05-02-2010 08:23 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
Its 7mm longer. Not a big difference. I put the 2200kv in my buggy on 4s and it was way too fast. Wound up changing to the 1800kv and its perfect.

overrev 05-02-2010 09:03 PM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 
The shorter motor are made for lighter cars and trucks the bigger ones for heavier. You can use the bigger motors in lighter car and trucks as long as they fit and have more option for gearing with out heat issues. Nue makes a wide variety of motors for all kinds of rc's.

srt10 05-03-2010 12:02 AM

RE: MAMBA 2200KV AND 2650 KV
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Doxiedad

How would the 2200kv do in a buggy? I got an erbe and am pulling the motor out of it to put into a converted xb808 buggy I just got. Would I just have to gear it to account for slightly lower rpm motor?
I would try it like it is... it will have plenty of power and possibly more speed than you need..
but changing gears is simple if you find you want more speed ;)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 PM.