Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Charging multiple batteries

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Henryslash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging multiple batteries

Hello

I am thinking of opening a track with cars to hire out and would like some info if possible on the best way to charge as many as possible 4200 nimh 8.4 v batteries at the same time.

I would prefer to buy a ready built charger rather than try to make one myself .

The cars will be 2wd slashes and i am looking at 30 min runtimes from what i can make out 4200 8.4 v are the ones to go for.

Anyhelp would be appriciated

Henry

Old 09-14-2010, 04:54 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Charging multiple batteries

It would be best to put the package together yourself (not really make it per say). If you also want a 30 minute charge time then perhaps chargers up to 8 amps is in order. The 50 watt chargers are going to be adequate if you can tolerate 45-60 minute charges.

How about the quattro 4 charger? It can be done in multiples of 4 packs at a time (each port with 50 watts)
Old 09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
guver

I've thought many times of building a mutiple pack NI charger that is simply plug-n-charge. It would be in a pc case and have labeled mutiple leads coming out of it. I was thinking of maybe a dozen or so ports in one case.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The packs wont last very long without a peak function (unless you have a temp gauge constantly monitoring them). You might just want to buy a bunch of the intellipeak dual chargers. Maybe find a Chinese company that makes charger guts?
Old 09-15-2010, 04:39 PM
guver

Those are some of the ones I'd put inside my pc case. The other nice ones are dual peak and hot bodies dual chargers. This could give pairs of leads with 3.5 , 4 , 5 amps
Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 PM
LewAshby
Banned

LiPo + Parallel charging = $$$ saving [sm=greedy.gif]