Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya Alpine A110 M05Ra ESC motor help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 11:21 AM
ToraKitsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Alpine A110 M05Ra ESC motor help

Yah, I was never impressed with the Summit, because it was complication, for complication's sake. Popular with some, but not one of Traxxas' better ideas. It's price just doesn't correspond to it's value, but then not much these days does. I just looked at my Wraith, and it does need some work, so I will more than likely get a set of shocks for it (Proline Powerstrokes), and maybe another saddle-pack battery (that's what it uses now, under the hood, which is now hinged!). Of all my off-road stuff (which is, admittedly, pathetically little), the Wraith is still one of my favorites. I may do with that, what I did with my Grids - get a Wraith kit, and outfit it to go fast. Then I'll have both, to do what I want, and there aren't any "compromises," like the Summit is.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:53 PM
diabolic-mind

ok, why would there be a jst plug on my rc10b4.1 buggy esc, yet not a shred of information about its purpose online? im wondering if i can use it for power to run string lights and leds for night driving but there just isnt any info online about its purpose lol

Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 PM
ToraKitsu

Male or female? That might be a clue.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:46 PM
diabolic-mind

its male, i used my multimeter and got a 6volt reading from it so i am assuming its a power supply for something, yet i still havent found out what for. but i added some string light and a led to the buggy using it, its pretty fun racing around at night in the pitch black, all i can think of is im driving around a super fast flashlight lmao
Old 05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
ToraKitsu

Hmmmm....Might as well give it a try! Looks like it won't affect performance, if the draw isn't too high, and LED's normally can be supported by a 6V system, so it should be fine. Go for it!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:00 PM
diabolic-mind

im going to use the 4 fog light piece from the m05 and make some lights for the buggy using it, should look pretty slick when its all said and done.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM
diabolic-mind

retiring the m05 until i get the parts to fix it and make it run better, for the meantime the traxxas xl5 esc and the futaba radio gear i had in it are now finding new life in a losi mini t i got on trade. but the m05 will come back from the bench, and possibly with the stock motor back in it this time, as my fleet is getting bigger so i have other vehicles for my speed fix. the buggy will be getting a 35 tooth pinion soon and a 50 tooth spur (currently has a 27 tooth pinion with 57 tooth spur), should make for some interesting top end lol
Old 05-08-2013, 03:34 PM
ToraKitsu

Get yourself a temp gun, when playing with gearing ratios. It'll help, so you don't burn anything out inadvertently.....
Old 05-09-2013, 05:05 AM
diabolic-mind

yeah good idea, as it is right now the motor and esc dont even get warm, that along with the fact that it gets up to top speed almost instantly tells me that it could probably go with some different gearing. im going to use the smaller spur first with the pinion i have now and see how it goes, then switch the the larger pinion. its kinda funny that i got a buggy made for offroad to use as my speed vehicle lol, ive already put some new shoes on it to give it better blacktop grip. im sure it will still take to the offroad just fine though, i have the other tires still so if i want to switch things up and hit the dirt is only a matter of swapping out 4 wheels.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:07 AM
diabolic-mind

im also not sure if i am experiencing some cogging with the brushless setup or if its something to do with the programming of the esc, but at a dead stop if i punch the throttle to do a burnout it starts to move a little bit, pauses, then ressumes, im not familiar with brushless really so im not sure if its one of those two things or another issue entirely, any thoughts?