Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

What should my next kit be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
DriftingFast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should my next kit be?

What I'm thinking about, but you can add your own I you want.
Hot Bodies TCX
Exotek Tamiya TA05 (hmmm, I wonder where I got this idea from)
Tamiya TA06
Old 09-06-2011, 10:05 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: What should my next kit be?

Yyyeeesss - join the belted brotherhood

Tamiya TRF416 series or TRF417, or If you truely like the mid-motor and twin belt design, The Exotek EX05 w/ a ver.IIR kit.

The Hot Bodies TCX or XRay TC3 2011 edition are hot cars too though, but why be mainstream? Be unique and dress that Exotek EX05 up any way you want it

www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/Entries/2010/7/12_EX05.html

Happy hunting for whichever one you decide to choose . . .
Old 09-07-2011, 06:41 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spend a little more on an x-ray t3, or used t2 and have the best.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:13 PM
warnos16v

If you are racing then get a TCX. The TA05 with a Exotek is not in the same league as as TCX.. The tuning window for a TCX is so much wider then the TA05 X & TA06. The TCX has probably the best corner speed on the market.

But if you are not racing and just bashing or mucking around in the parking lot.. get the TA05 or 06.. your wasting ur money on a top level touring car if you using it for bashing.

ORIGINAL: DriftingFast

What I'm thinking about, but you can add your own I you want.
Hot Bodies TCX
Exotek Tamiya TA05 (hmmm, I wonder where I got this idea from)
Tamiya TA06
Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

ORIGINAL: warnos16v

If you are racing then get a TCX. The TA05 with a Exotek is not in the same league as as TCX.. The tuning window for a TCX is so much wider then the TA05 X & TA06. The TCX has probably the best corner speed on the market.

But if you are not racing and just bashing or mucking around in the parking lot.. get the TA05 or 06.. your wasting ur money on a top level touring car if you using it for bashing.
I forgot - there must be a ton of EX05s at your track, so you must know how they are and how they tune.

Funny.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 PM
warnos16v

ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

I forgot - there must be a ton of EX05s at your track, so you must know how they are and how they tune.

Funny.

Its ok that you forgot .. there is a number of TA05 with the Exotek conversion.. ha ha..it does make the car more competitive and way better to use with Lipos.. but to say its as good as say a Xray / TCX / TC6 / Yokomo /417 even after the conversion is just not true. Obviously its the guy driving it that makes the biggest difference.. If you already have a TA05 and love it.. get the Exotek conversion.. if u are getting a new car and dont want to be at a disadvantage get a top level car.. Especially if you are racing in the faster classes like mod or 17.5 boosted.. the problems with the car are more evident.. dont think I saw any top drivers with a TA05 EXs in the A-main at any big events this year ..

Dragnse7en I don't mean or wanna bag you car I know u are passionate about the TA05 and I am sure ur car handles well but do you honestly believe it would handle like a TCX like this guys has mentioned in his list of cars?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:10 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

ORIGINAL: warnos16v

Its ok that you forgot .. there is a number of TA05 with the Exotek conversion.. ha ha..it does make the car more competitive and way better to use with Lipos.. but to say its as good as say a Xray / TCX / TC6 / Yokomo /417 even after the conversion is just not true. Obviously its the guy driving it that makes the biggest difference.. If you already have a TA05 and love it.. get the Exotek conversion.. if u are getting a new car and dont want to be at a disadvantage get a top level car.. Especially if you are racing in the faster classes like mod or 17.5 boosted.. the problems with the car are more evident.. dont think I saw any top drivers with a TA05 EXs in the A-main at any big events this year ..

Dragnse7en I don't mean or wanna bag you car I know u are passionate about the TA05 and I am sure ur car handles well but do you honestly believe it would handle like a TCX like this guys has mentioned in his list of cars?
Aww - NO - no offense, as I have way too many other cars to call a single one favorite ( I like this one for this and that one for that, etc),

BUT

Are you serious!?!? Exotek TA05s in multiple forms on your own track - sweet!

Yes, I must admit, that's what it takes to get that fat girl as light enough to finally get it completely competitive.

I almost bought a "slightly used" TRF416X after I got my Exotek kit, but they're exactly the same thing, aside from the pruely true mid-motor design.

I also noticed that the X-Rays and TRF416s need more weight in the rear, where according to my Hudy platform doesn't need it, and has a skinny setup on the kit instructions. I had to change out the battery stays in the middle to fix that.

Pass that onto your friends

That Exotek chassis makes a huge difference, and doesn't have any battery slots and is made for pure lipo tech.

Eh, just tell your friends on the track about the mid-position lipo stays, but they also might need to add weights as well on the battery bar or lipo pack, but it's alot less than the tub version of the chassis.

Tell em - and have fun at the track hoss

Old 09-09-2011, 04:18 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tamiya TL01, lol