Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Junk, and a joke! What was Traxxas thinking? Certainly not a Losi fan but thier new 5th scale 4wd truck sent HPI back to the drawing boards, and this is what Traxxas offers? Swing and a miss! Now back and try again. Seriously!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skippy7399

Junk, and a joke! What was Traxxas thinking? Certainly not a Losi fan but thier new 5th scale 4wd truck sent HPI back to the drawing boards, and this is what Traxxas offers? Swing and a miss! Now back and try again. Seriously!
    hey, I kinda like the radio...
    better if it had a screen of its own!
    now were talking
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: expresscraft

not to metion whether you agree or not i think its pretty cool that traxxas has boxed up a 100mph rtr. is it the best thing ever maybe not, but its cool,i think a little praise is in order over all the down talk,the radio is new and who knows how good it is, im sure the aps that the i phone have will lead into new possibilities that we my not even know about yet, good job traxxas, keep setting the bar higher, it really is good for all of us. even if it does not apply to you today. remember these days?
    well I cant say it's new, just cheaper because it needs an I-phone to work... [:-]
    Spektrum

and one built into the radio...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not to metion whether you agree or not i think its pretty cool that traxxas has boxed up a 100mph rtr. is it the best thing ever maybe not, but its cool,i think a little praise is in order over all the down talk,the radio is new and who knows how good it is, im sure the aps that the i phone have will lead into new possibilities that we my not even know about yet, good job traxxas, keep setting the bar higher, it really is good for all of us. even if it does not apply to you today. remember these days?
    Well IMO its NOT a 100mph RTR unless it included an ipod touch in the box to unlock its full potential. Without one its a 50-60mph RTR, and should be marketed as one in all honesty saying its 100mph RTR is almost crossing the line of false advertising.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree it is false advertising. We should be able to buy one ready to go 100mph like the ad says. Than we can install a real radio in it and have some fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skippy7399

Apples and oranges, besides did you ever stop and think traxxas doesn't care for a 5th scale, did you know traxxas had a 5th scale before the HPI baja was even a dream??? and it didn't do to well with them.......maybe that's why they haven't tryed again......... The baja was a slam dunk, the new losi is kinda a dud honestly its not quick its heavy and at the price its offered i could have a FG 4WD and have a much better quality car.......
    -= 100 Is Only The Beginning =-
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey now, I like the 5IVE-T, I've driven one and they handle well.
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Well IMO its NOT a 100mph RTR unless it included an ipod touch in the box to unlock its full potential. Without one its a 50-60mph RTR, and should be marketed as one in all honesty saying its 100mph RTR is almost crossing the line of false advertising.

What most of you don't under stand is not only is the iphone a added feature its also the scape goat for allowing traxxas to clean there hands in case of a law suit. Image this you hit someone with the car at 100MPH and they sue traxxas, traxxas defends right there is "well your honer the user choose to unlock the speed and choose to drive the car at its full potential its the end users fault for lack of driving skills the fault is NOT OURS" and right there they clean there hands from a multi million dollar law suit. Plain and simple. And whats with all the crying about needing a iphone, since day one the mamba monster max needed a 500+ dollar computer to program it and no one *****ed??? Now all of a sudden they move over to iphone/itouch and people complain they don't wanna be part of this new trend or they don't wanna follow along with the whole apple hype..........when most of you at typing and complaining from a windows PC..........and they own what 90% of the market......

Its all about whats easier for people to access, castle choose PC for there castle link and till this day there isn't MAC support (i think) why because EVERYONE has a windows pc or has easy access to one. Now they choose to go mobile and like it or not apple holds largest hold on the market right now period. Hence why they choose apple.

I can be almost 100% sure atleast ONE PERSON working at the local shop you buy your cars from will have a iphone and anyone of those guys will be willing to unlock the esc if you refuse to buy apple. YOU ONLY NEED THE PHONE TO UNLOCK 100MPH SPEED, you will still be able to access the ESC thru castle link to program other things if you like according to the thread on the traxxas forum.
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Hey now, I like the 5IVE-T, I've driven one and they handle well.

There you go, YOU LIKE THE CAR...... i find a couple minor flaws on the car but doesn't mean you see me proclaiming it as the worst thing ever to hit the market. Some people get real epic about things. The 5-T is nice but bang for your buck i rather have a 4wd FG but at least that's comparing APPLE TO APPLES. If you like it much power too you, enjoy it in good health, but just because i kinda sorta don't really dig it doesn't mean i need to bash the car and company like its the end of the world.

Another thing i will say about the 5-T before i get to far off topic is WHERE THE HELL IS A GOOD VIDEO OF IT IN REAL ACTION. Ive youtube a couple videos and i dunno if the people are babying it or just don't know how to drive but everything ive seen the car LOOKS sluggish but it could be the pansy drivers......... i don't know?!?!

Anyways back on topic!!!!
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

maybe they should have sold this with twin 2s packs for 4s fun, and said 100mph RTR our of the box with 6s power and on 4s it does 65mph +
    still would be the fastest RTR out of the box I know of
    and no need for any app to unlock anything, and using that as a excuse for the limited newbee use??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree 100 percent.
    Traxxas is the king of hype. They false advertise alot of things.
    Losi DT/Losi XX-4/Tamiya TA05/SC10/Tamiya 501x \"WCE\"/Yokomo YR4 M2/F-150/Blackfoot Xtreme

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: srt10

The 3R Pro doesn't have telemetry, the 3S does.

maybe they should have sold this with twin 2s packs for 4s fun, and said 100mph RTR our of the box with 6s power and on 4s it does 65mph +
    and no need for any app to unlock anything, and using that as a excuse for the limited newbee use??
    Because then it'd be slower than the 70mph Nitro 4-tec 3.3 at 3x the price.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

The 3R Pro doesn't have telemetry, the 3S does.

Because then it'd be slower than the 70mph Nitro 4-tec 3.3 at 3x the price.
    http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdId=SPM3200
    Funny how some just want to type without reading what's in the specs on something that does not need an app!
    The DX3R PRO is packed with first-class software, including servo speed adjustment, ABS, traction control and 50-model memory. Built-in telemetry lets you monitor engine or motor temperature, keep tabs on engine rpm's or vehicle speed, track battery voltage, and check lap time, all in real-time.
    Everything about the DX3R PRO is made to fit the way you drive, from the easy-to-read backlit screen to the large grip.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ThunderbirdJunkie was mistaken...it doesn't come with the telemetry receiver ($100) and the 3S does.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie was mistaken...it doesn't come with the telemetry receiver ($100) and the 3S does.
    I'de like to try one of these out!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm still putting my 3PKS in there. I like the eagletree telemetry systems.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After seeing all the posts about how the ipod is necessary to unlock the car to run at 100 mph, I re-reviewed the traxxas video explaining their radio system. Idid not see nor hear anywhere that said the ipod must be usedto unlock 100. It appars to me that the ipod allows adjustments to end points, exponential, telemetry readings and setting memory. Ther arealso two knobs on the radio that adjust the steering trim and throttle manually. This brings me to believe that this car can be driven at full throttle and could hit 100 mph without the ipod attachment. Lesser steering sensitivity would be desireable but not ultimately necessary to drive at high speed. Much of the cars stabilty can be dailed in to the chasis with increased spring/dampening rates,casterand increased rear tow in. I have driven high speed oval on the Velodrome and usually I prefer to leave my steering and throttle at the basic factory linear default setting. I use my fingers to dial out sensitivity. Probably if I was not racing and not used to driving high speed rc, i may want to dial out sensitivty and throw. I argue that the X0-1 can be driven at 100 mph without using the ipod attachment and application.
    Traxxas Slash SSC LCG 4x4 MMP SCT, Tamiya TA05v2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Agreed now futaba needs to come out with a new radio for my iPhone!!! Maybe something similar to this......
    -= Made In Dade =-

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FNG RIDER

After seeing all the posts about how the ipod is necessary to unlock the car to run at 100 mph, I re-reviewed the traxxas video explaining their radio system.Β* IΒ*did not see nor hear anywhere that said the ipod must be usedΒ*to unlock 100.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

Agreed now futaba needs to come out with a new radio for my iPhone!!! Maybe something similar to this......

Is that the new traxxas app on your phone? I didn't think it was available until the 20th?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Foxy,
    You are correct, I just saw that little disclaimer at the bottom of their ad this morning!
    I wonder if the Ipod app really unlocks the car/radiio to reach 100 mph, or is it Traxxas hype or to shift legal responsibilities toward ipod.

The radio still should be able to allow full throttle with the manual dial. Most of the Ipod app isn't really necessary during driving of the car. The telementry info would be helpfuil after a run to check engine and battery data. Only exponential adjustments would be helpful befor the run. They may have some sort of throttle limiter built in to the software. but I dought it.
    Traxxas Slash SSC LCG 4x4 MMP SCT, Tamiya TA05v2

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have to say that even I as an iphone owner and user, find this practice somewhat shady.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It really is. "unlocking" higher speeds? come on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Two worlds......... "legal scapegoat"
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still,happy to see them releasing higher end stuff, and interested to see more. With the right conditions I'm sure it will be fun. Definitely not a parking lot basher though.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast