Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 AM
nastyboys727

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

still no app yet
Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 PM
nastyboys727

u see this chit mang thay moved the download to feb. and now the car comes out in jan.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nastyboys727

u see this chit mang thay moved the download to feb. and now the car comes out in jan.
wonder if they will change the box to say
GOES 50!!!! MILES PER HOUR 100mph available in febuary

FNG RIDER that was how it was with me and HPI when they put the Bullet flux out in europe when I REALLY wanted a 4wd electric ST, and not over in the US like a year ago (and its STILL not in any hobby shops even though it was supposedly released 2-3 months ago...) I ended up just getting a 1/8th truggy instead, and after is all was said and done I spent almost the same amount on converting the truggy that the bullet costs...

I'll be honest I completely forgot about the X0-1 till I saw the thread back on top of the forum lol
Old 12-31-2011, 08:12 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

FNG RIDER that was how it was with me and HPI when they put the Bullet flux out in europe when I REALLY wanted a 4wd electric ST, and not over in the US like a year ago (and its STILL not in any hobby shops even though it was supposedly released 2-3 months ago...) I ended up just getting a 1/8th truggy instead, and after is all was said and done I spent almost the same amount on converting the truggy that the bullet costs...

I'll be honest I completely forgot about the X0-1 till I saw the thread back on top of the forum lol
Never thought of it like that!
LOL

and I think most of the world is with you including me about forgetting about this car...
Old 12-31-2011, 08:55 AM
nastyboys727

i just like the controler how it mounts my ipod and both work together and the body i wanna see will the soft ware load up to my mmm setup i got now on my gtp2
Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 PM
steed2-inactive

i still think this car is going to flop, its just too much money. Who knows though maybe it will sell well.??. You would really think they would have any bugs worked prior to releasing anything, prior to even releasing the spinning x on there website. I guess its easy to sit in our chairs and pick apart traxxas, but i just think they dropped the ball with this car, its really cool, really fast, and really nice looking, but just a wee too pricy for my liking. Not so much the price but for the amount i will use it compared to my offroad vehicles, its hard to justify the value, is the car worth what they are asking, i think it is, its just not worth it to me, and im glad they hit the delay cause i was considering it, but after some hard thinking, thats the same price i pay to insure my motorcycle for a whole year and it goes 290 klm/hr........
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 PM
nastyboys727

steed2 i think it will too but we get some cool options body wheels and the monster esc has caps on it to
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still waiting on this thing like a kid on christmas but at this point since pretty much all the speculation and information is out there there's pretty much nothing to say until traxxas pulls this thing out... Well see if it's a flop or not I don't think so considerting the cost of the e-revo and the fact hobby shops can't keep them on the shelves! I see the car being all over YouTube in a couple weeks and someone getting 120+mph with in the second month of the release just my opinion
Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

How is the car going to be a flop? It has the all important 100mph rtr speed!!!

Joking aside this car is going to be sick. Im not going to jump on it right away but this may very well be the next purchase I make unless someone else can convince me otherwise.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:52 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

How is the car going to be a flop? It has the all important 100mph rtr speed!!!

Joking aside this car is going to be sick. Im not going to jump on it right away but this may very well be the next purchase I make unless someone else can convince me otherwise.
once upon a time traxxas made the xo-1, it went fast- the end.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 PM
MiamizFinest

BTW guys the new release date is Jan 18th looks like they bumped it up and this time they might be for real since they already released the app, the apps pretty sweet I just downloaded it
Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Lilredmachine

I like that this thread is full of people who blatantly don't understand electric power.

But carry on arguing over nothing. It's funny.

Car looks wicked, as Miamiz first post stated right back at the start of the thread, this is a properly engineered vehicle with a decent electric setup using a large, low KV motor and HV. This is how all cars should be setup, it makes me cry everytime someone uses 7.4v and a 9000kv castle motor to go quick. This is efficient and cool running.

Don't see the fuss really, it's not like Traxxas have stopped making other cars to make this one, or stopped other companies from making cars to make this one. They want to push the boundaries a bit, let them. If they want to throw a large amount of money down the drain then let them, it is after all their money.

Don't want one, don't buy one, do feel free to say why, however make sure they are coherent reasons and not just make believe fantasy land conjecture. I'm all for free speech, but I sometimes think it is slightly too easy for people to mind dump their often ill informed opinions all over the internet.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:56 PM
The_Shark

if i wanted a high speed car, outrunner all the way, thats all i will run now
silkay smooooth power.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:21 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

if i wanted a high speed car, outrunner all the way, thats all i will run now
silkay smooooth power.
Get contribution there, anyways anyone else play with the app?? Looks pretty sweet it loads quick and responded pretty good on a JB iPhone 4
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM
nastyboys727

I GOT IT I SEE THAY GOT THINGS FOR USE NITRO GUYS
Old 01-07-2012, 10:12 PM
MiamizFinest

I GOT IT I SEE THAY GOT THINGS FOR USE NITRO GUYS
If I was still into nitro I'd be jumping over backwards for this technology, I read there making a special flywheel so it works with the rpm sensor which is great, I just hope they make it 3 shoe standard size flywheel, that small 2shoe set up traxxas uses on there cars sucks IMO
Old 01-12-2012, 04:02 AM
turok007

just been on the traxxas site and in big bold letters it still says

The World's Fastest Ready-To-Race Supercar! 0-100mph in under 5 seconds!

State-of-the-art technology. Cutting edge design. A total focus on quality and precision. All have been distilled into one vehicle that could only come from Traxxas. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. 0-100 in 4.92 seconds. Top speed over 100mph! XO-1 is the world's fastest Ready-To-Race radio controlled supercar.

i would call it false advertising
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Found a cool video of an X-01 on a dyno. It was uploaded over a month ago, am I the only one who missed it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e9VU0jIdUQ&list=UUhkkxkavvghPPj81qmmRe3g&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Old 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: turok007

State-of-the-art technology. Cutting edge design. A total focus on quality and precision. All have been distilled into one vehicle that could only come from Traxxas. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. 0-100 in 4.92 seconds. Top speed over 100mph! XO-1 is the world's fastest Ready-To-Race radio controlled supercar.

Another short sited post great contribution to the thread,

@Kenny I saw that video last month but only stumbled on it to, I didn't find it linked on any forum site video is freaking sweet can't wait for this car to hit the market holyfully this release date will be spot on, if so only 6 more days to go??? Anyone here pre order this thing??? I didn't pre order it but will try my luck once the car hits the hobby shops anyone getting it the day of?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Uncle Vinnie

If I had the money I would definitely buy it.

What a great car to modify and tweak.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 PM
turok007

[quote]ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

Another short sited post great contribution to the thread,

i have made a excellent point. as many people still believe it goes 100 straight from the box. even TV shows are falling for it.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:58 PM
turok007

it.s not a dyno. it is only a set of rollers. and all the talk on this video has been about the lack of top speed. i wonder how much they were holding back.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:30 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

it.s not a dyno. it is only a set of rollers. and all the talk on this video has been about the lack of top speed. i wonder how much they were holding back.
Isn't a dyno just a device set up to measure torque and rpm so you can see how fast a car is or how much power it has without having to take it onto a race track or the street? Also I'm pretty sure they maxed it out on the video, well it seemed that way to me anyway.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 AM
MiamizFinest

@turok007

No you didn',t that argument has bin argued since this thread started, the gearing needed to get to 100MPH is included in the box, and to unlock the speed all you need is to plug the phone in ONCE and that's it never again need a IOS based device. ANYONE on this thread knows at-least ONE GUY/GIRL with a iPhone OR there is always at-least ONE GUY at a hobby shop working that owns a iPhone. If not then you my friend are living under a rock.

I don't understand this type of *****in, since day one castle ESC have needed a PC to unlock the full potential of the ESC regarding timing and other key features. TILL THIS DAY there is no support for there ESC thru a mac only PC and i don't see anyone *****ing about that?? They choose to go with the easiest and most standardized size phone and OS plain and simple. If androids werent made in a 100 different configurations and sizes they would have choose that. Simple point the iphone&itocuhes has the strongest hold on there market PERIOD the same way PC still holds the strongest market share in the home computer department.

This has bin explained 100 times in this thread, thus making your original post "pointles".
Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Isn't a dyno just a device set up to measure torque and rpm so you can see how fast a car is or how much power it has without having to take it onto a race track or the street? Also I'm pretty sure they maxed it out on the video, well it seemed that way to me anyway.

Actually i think i read somewhere they limited the car for that display because it really wasn't a dyno like you sayed, with out wind resistant im sure they car could have revved another 30+ MPH maybe???? but they had to restrict the top end as to not blow the motor at full RPM under no load.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.