Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

ORIGINAL: Killer RC

I think the XO1 is awesome and I'll be buying one soon. I like the radio too. I have been waiting years for a radio that integrates an iPhone/iPod. The possibilities are endless. I hope Futaba follows suit. Plus I own multiple iPhones and iPod Touches. All iPhone's/iPod Touches use the same plug socket, which makes things easy for the radio designer. With android there are hundreds of different phones with different connectors. There isnt one main Android phone that dominates the market, so they'd have to make a radio that links to the phone via Bluetooth or mini USB cable.
    Anyway, good job Traxxas. This car and radio looks awesome.
    Swore micro USB was made standard a few years back on everything but iphones, just the location of the plug isn't standard.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Underwhelmed. Where are you supposed to run something like that, and what's the point of such a nice body if you can't see it when it's running? Silly model, but hey, people who want fast shiny things and have more money than sense are gonna love it. They'll run it up and down the street a few times, then even they are going to say...er, what now?

All I can say is I hope the body fits on a proper hobby grade 1/8th-1/7th GT car.

Oh, and as for 'Ready to Race', yeh my local track has a rampant 1/7th GT class, and there's enough room on the straight to reach 60mph...oh, wait...

I dont understand why you are spreading so much hate around. There are thousands of youtube videos of people running 6s revo's and MMP's in slashes and powerful setups in infernos trying to best eachother for speed records and such. This car is marketed to them. Then you ask where do you drive something like that? Well the answer is the same places theyve been driving their hi-speed purpose built vehicles. The only legit beef anyone has mantioned is that you need an apple product to operate it, and I as an apple guy agree, you shouldnt have to buy an ipod to operate this... that is dumb.... But really, how expensive is a used ipod touch on ebay? If you dont like it then dont pay any attention to it! I dont want to have gay sex, but you dont see me causing problems for homosexuals.....
    OS .18 TM POWERED REVO PICCO .26 SAVAGE OS .18 TZ POWERED R-40

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Killer RC

I think the XO1 is awesome and I'll be buying one soon. I like the radio too. I have been waiting years for a radio that integrates an iPhone/iPod. The possibilities are endless. I hope Futaba follows suit. Plus I own multiple iPhones and iPod Touches. All iPhone's/iPod Touches use the same plug socket, which makes things easy for the radio designer. With android there are hundreds of different phones with different connectors. There isnt one main Android phone that dominates the market, so they'd have to make a radio that links to the phone via Bluetooth or mini USB cable.
    Anyway, good job Traxxas. This car and radio looks awesome.
    Swore micro USB was made standard a few years back on everything but iphones, just the location of the plug isn't standard.
    That is true. All phones (at least all android phones) use the micro USB. Since almost all android phones are roughly the same size I dont see why it would be soo hard to do. Traxxas just took the easy way out and only made it iCrap compatible.
    If Jesus was put to death 40yrs ago instead of 2000, would everyone be wearing little electric chairs around their necks?

5000 ft ASL, CO, US MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Feedback on my 2-day old xo-1: too much slop in the control arms, RPM Slash arms fixed that. The ride height seems low out of the box, the front drags even lightly on the brake at 50mph. Still on the stock gearing for now, put a gyro on but it's a heli unit. Not gonna work since I can't dial in the sensitivity, gain is too high and it oscillates over 40.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So guys, don't take this as a bash to the xo-1 owners, im just curious. After spending the money on it, do you really think it was a good purchase? i mean there is the theory "you get what you pay for". is that the case with this car?
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you get a call or text while your driving with the Ipod connected to the transmitter and you pick up the call would this be considered driving while talking or texting on a cell phone?

"But officer my iphone telemetry said I was doing well with 100 mph!"

Just kidding! heh heh!

Traxxas Slash SSC LCG 4x4 MMP SCT, Tamiya TA05v2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FNG RIDER

If you get a call or text while your driving with the Ipod connected to the transmitter and you pick up the call would this be considered driving while talking or texting on a cell phone?

''But officer my iphone telemetry said I was doing well with 100 mph!''Β*

Just kidding! heh heh!

I thought up the same thing when I had mine and my significant other called, LOL I hit my head with the steering wheel picking up to quickly LOL
    -= 100 Is Only The Beginning =-
    -= Made In Dade =-

5000 ft ASL, CO, US MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The app seems a little finicky. Yesterday it said unlocked, showed 53mph with stock gearing. I put the high speed pinion on, changed the tooth counts in the app, spun it up and only got 91mph on the table. Went into the app and this time it said locked. After clicking many buttons and sitting through a video, it unlocked and spun up to 126mph. Curious what it'll run, I'm at 5000 feet. Same power, less air. 110?

Are any of the two larger spur gears that came with the car a good fit for the large pinion for, say, 75mph or so?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

So guys, don't take this as a bash to the xo-1 owners, im just curious. After spending the money on it, do you really think it was a good purchase? i mean there is the theory ''you get what you pay for''. is that the case with this car?

This is a good question. And the answer im sure will vary. I for one am very happy with my purchase. Some people dont like the radio, and I can agree with others that a 'kit' version or 'pnp' would be a better option for most 'experts'. That said the only legit beef I can really align with is that you need access to an iDevice to unlock the vehicle.
    As far as the car is concerned, I believe that we are only scratching the surface of this platforms potential. Things will get very interesting once 8s+ surface esc's become more available. -Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^^^^ I already had a 8s surface installed on my XO-1 4 days after the car was released but I wasn't happy with the way the car drove on 6s so why bother going 8s.

The mamba XL2 fits in car like a glove, and does up to 8s with ESC braking.

BTW I wasn't to impressed with a few things on the car, sold it on the 6th day
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^^^^ I already had a 8s surface installed on my XO-1 4 days after the car was released but I wasn't happy with the way the car drove on 6s so why bother going 8s.

The mamba XL2 fits in car like a glove, and does up to 8s with ESC braking.

-= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

I have heard this from a few people on the Traxxas forum, just figured they were trolls. I have been nothing but impressed with the car. I feel the car has more potential than has been achieved so far. I admit a pnp or kit version is a better option for the 'experts' this car is claimed to be aimed at. What caused you to sell yours after only six days? -Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awesome looking car but I can't get over the fact that the chassis is plastic. I am sure that guy couldn't bare to pay for all that plastic either.. If I paid 1200 for all that plastic I would wanna kill myself. telemetry aside . My ofna gtp2e would absolutlely rape the life from this car . I wanna love it but the plastic is killing me . Oh ya and outta the box my ofna has alloy shocks..... Oh ya and Skill level 10 means you make a GD roller.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes i agree 100%, i digged the whole telemetry thing but i really only cared for the temps, and voltage, everything else i didnt car for it, since the new wave of ESC MMM will have data logging built in.
    If you only cared for temps, and voltage here $50 hooks to any radio http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10343

@bigblkblazin
    probably same reason I tried selling my merv after its 1st 12 min run it probably just wasn't as fun as expected, and he saw no need to keep it. Its generally nothing bad about the RC, but it just don't click with the user.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigblkblazin

Β*Awesome looking car but I can't get over the fact that the chassis is plastic. I am sure that guy couldn't bare to pay for all that plastic either.. If I paid 1200 for all that plastic I would wanna kill myself. Β*telemetry aside . My ofna gtp2e would absolutlely rape the life from this car . I wanna love it but the plastic is killing me . Oh ya and outta the box my ofna has alloy shocks..... Oh ya and Skill level 10 means you make a GD roller.Β*

Talk about miss guided information.......who sayed the chassis was plastic..........Its 3MM thick aluminum.......and is double decked........the plastic is the surrounding area around the chassis that help fold the air away from the car.......Google some pics my man. ITS NOT A PLASTIC CHASSIS!!!
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Yes i agree 100%, i digged the whole telemetry thing but i really only cared for the temps, and voltage, everything else i didnt car for it, since the new wave of ESC MMM will have data logging built in.
    If you only cared for temps, and voltage here $50 hooks to any radio http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10343

@bigblkblazin
    probably same reason I tried selling my merv after its 1st 12 min run it probably just wasn't as fun as expected, and he saw no need to keep it. Its generally nothing bad about the RC, but it just don't click with the user.

Yes, ive seen that a few years ago its pretty sweet actually, Ive contemplated buying it a few times but ive just never hit the button........If it did up to 8S id by it in a heart beat
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is the ESC still locked of you use a different Rx/Tx? I have seen some for sale now on ebay and I would love to have that 1717 motor and ESC for my E-8ight 2.0. but I don't want to have to mess with unlocking it since I don't have and don't want an Iphone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I heard that if you are driving the XO-1 with your I-Phone and someone calls you, they start driving the car. This is the only thing stopping me from getting this car. 

Im scared im going to be driving my new expensive RC and my Ex GF is going to call me. Not good!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chonyc77

I heard that if you are driving the XO-1 with your I-Phone and someone calls you, they start driving the car. This is the only thing stopping me from getting this car.Β*

Im scared im going to be driving my new expensive RC and my Ex GF is going to call me. Not good!
    hogwash

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I heard that if you are driving the XO-1 with your I-Phone and someone calls you, they start driving the car. This is the only thing stopping me from getting this car.Β*

Dude are you for real, that's prolly the dumbest comment ever posted on RCU...... Ever...... If you get a phone call you get a phone car nothing happens to the car...... DUH
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dude are you for real, that's prolly the dumbest comment ever posted on RCU...... Ever...... If you get a phone call you get a phone car nothing happens to the car...... DUH
    I want a phone car.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^^^^^^ LOLOLOL
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^^^^^^ LOLOLOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigblkblazin

Β*Awesome looking car but I can't get over the fact that the chassis is plastic. I am sure that guy couldn't bare to pay for all that plastic either.. If I paid 1200 for all that plastic I would wanna kill myself. Β*telemetry aside . My ofna gtp2e would absolutlely rape the life from this car . I wanna love it but the plastic is killing me . Oh ya and outta the box my ofna has alloy shocks..... Oh ya and Skill level 10 means you make a GD roller.Β*
    I hate to break it to you but this car will destroy the gtp2e , I know 1st hand I have had a few of them , they can't even compare.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A converted 1/8 onroad nitro (MRX-4/5, 966e, etc.) will put the both of them to shame [8D]

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast