Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
FLoJo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

if your just driving normally you definetly get 20min of run time even more .. everytime Ive takin mine out so far,mostly parkin lot pimpin ,always had juice left when I was done .
Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 PM
animalnut

so just cruising around in a parking lot gets 20min+ on the stock batterys thats a awesome plus the wife gave me the go ahead just having a hard time doing it thats a lot of money because I got rid of all my lipo electric stuff when I got out of cars so I will be starting from scratch! I'm trying to sell my rio51z atm to offset the cost some so I won't feel so bad about blowing a1,000+ on myself.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

^^ ive yet to see it happen in rc in any scale either in person OR online, i saw a few serpent 8th scale F-1 and countless 5th scale FG's in person and all of them where always all over the place, I owned some mini-z F-1 for a short period of time and it was also a short lived ownership simply because it was also all over the place.

Everything ive seen online has always forced me to stay away from F1 RC too, the only F1 i see looking good was those races in Germany in 5th scale class and even then there is a lot of spin outs and lost traction.

Im not saying its impossible but w/e you end up putting together please get some video!!! If you figure it out i might just give it a chance.

Anyone, head out with there Xo-1 this weekend??
rain and snow in the forecast for the next week
however i will get a onboard vid once the weather clears.

it takes a calm trigger finger, soft tires and thinking ahead, but once you get the hang of it, its so awesome!
had it out today 27F and WINDY WINDY, so windy that maybe half throttle the car would just lift up, which caused me to crash BAD, no broken parts, just cracked rims AGAIN.

i have to lower the car and wait for a warmer calmer day.
i installed the ball diff, lowered the suspension and reduced the front camber and ran it today, i got up to full throttle that is a calculated 87mph without issues, one thing i noted is tires must be glued TIGHT, i had the tire lift just a tad, and i was all over the place at 30mph, ticked off i brought it in for look over, glued the tire and it was grippy again.

all you speed freaks check your tires before, during and after running!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 AM
nitrovulcnse

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: srt10
oh maybe they are getting a kick back from Apple?[:-]
It'd make sense, since Traxxas is the Apple of RC.

Or Apple is the Traxxas of computers?

Hmm.

They were both founded in the 80s...they've both had tumultuous ownership changes...they both charge more for inferior performance, compared to their competition...

Crap, maybe this was more accurate than ThunderbirdJunkie intended

It's an interesting car, and ThunderbirdJunkie could SEE owning one...it's cool. Buy the car, sell the servo, radio, and batteries...gear it properly for 4S, and have a fun parking lot basher.
Apple was founded in 1976. their products are not inferior in any way and if you actually looked into it, you will find that configuring a PC to the same extent as an equivalent is just as expensive, and that is not including a great operating system (unless you are running a linux distribution), and it would be mounted in a crappy plastic case unlike the high quality well engineered aluminum, magnesium and titanium cases that mac computers are built out of. Not to mention the fact that while their phones are not as configurable as an android device, they are beautiful, well made, user friendly, and they are more or less standardized. While I don't understand the point of it being mounted to a transmitter, I have to say that I understand the choice of having connectivity for an iphone rather than an android or other devise.

That being said, I absolutely despise this car. In my opinion, it is a commercial failure already. Despite the fact that they really didn't have much tooling to rework, they essentially built a car for a market that generally cannot afford, or will not pay for a car this expensive. There are much cheaper ways to have stupid amounts of speed. I admit, I like the aerodynamic aspect. I think using a diffuser is an effective solution, but my respect for this product pretty much ends there. This car doesn't impress me at all. at 1/7th scale, 100mph is 700mph. To achieve the same scale speed with a 10th scale vehicle, it only needs to move 70mph. I think they could have put a lot more into this car, and if they hadn't half assed it out of a slash, it could probably be capable of a lot more. But for this amount of effort, they could have made a lot more profits from making a 1/10th scale car that goes 100mph. !000 scale mph. it would probably be a bit cheaper too, but I think at that scale/speed, people would be more willing to put in the money. Hell, I think if they built a 10th pan car with independent suspension at all 4 corners, a flat bottom, diffuser, and a simple 2 gear (pinion/spur) 2wd drive train, it would be lighter, more aerodynamic, more manageable, cheaper to produce, and have more room for MORE LIPOS!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:56 PM
wrcsti

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

^^ ive yet to see it happen in rc in any scale either in person OR online, i saw a few serpent 8th scale F-1 and countless 5th scale FG's in person and all of them where always all over the place, I owned some mini-z F-1 for a short period of time and it was also a short lived ownership simply because it was also all over the place.

Everything ive seen online has always forced me to stay away from F1 RC too, the only F1 i see looking good was those races in Germany in 5th scale class and even then there is a lot of spin outs and lost traction.

Im not saying its impossible but w/e you end up putting together please get some video!!! If you figure it out i might just give it a chance.

Anyone, head out with there Xo-1 this weekend??
I have an F104W that i mostly run as a 3 cell car. I did the theoretical speed with my gearing and it was close to 70mph. Which is totally believeable since I outrun modded offroad trucks and actually find it hits top speed a bit too fast for my liking. The thing with those F1s is they usually run circuit, meaning the suspension is set up to turn as much as possible. That lends itself to spinning out. After enough playing I got mine to the point that its quite driveable if you arent trigger happy. Hey, if anything Ill be in broward county for the next 2 months. Id love to see your cars one day (especially the racer 2)
Old 06-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Sibant

ORIGINAL: nitrovulcnse

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: srt10
oh maybe they are getting a kick back from Apple?[:-]
It'd make sense, since Traxxas is the Apple of RC.

Or Apple is the Traxxas of computers?

Hmm.

They were both founded in the 80s...they've both had tumultuous ownership changes...they both charge more for inferior performance, compared to their competition...

Crap, maybe this was more accurate than ThunderbirdJunkie intended

It's an interesting car, and ThunderbirdJunkie could SEE owning one...it's cool. Buy the car, sell the servo, radio, and batteries...gear it properly for 4S, and have a fun parking lot basher.
Apple was founded in 1976. their products are not inferior in any way and if you actually looked into it, you will find that configuring a PC to the same extent as an equivalent is just as expensive, and that is not including a great operating system (unless you are running a linux distribution), and it would be mounted in a crappy plastic case unlike the high quality well engineered aluminum, magnesium and titanium cases that mac computers are built out of. Not to mention the fact that while their phones are not as configurable as an android device, they are beautiful, well made, user friendly, and they are more or less standardized. While I don't understand the point of it being mounted to a transmitter, I have to say that I understand the choice of having connectivity for an iphone rather than an android or other devise.

That being said, I absolutely despise this car. In my opinion, it is a commercial failure already. Despite the fact that they really didn't have much tooling to rework, they essentially built a car for a market that generally cannot afford, or will not pay for a car this expensive. There are much cheaper ways to have stupid amounts of speed. I admit, I like the aerodynamic aspect. I think using a diffuser is an effective solution, but my respect for this product pretty much ends there. This car doesn't impress me at all. at 1/7th scale, 100mph is 700mph. To achieve the same scale speed with a 10th scale vehicle, it only needs to move 70mph. I think they could have put a lot more into this car, and if they hadn't half assed it out of a slash, it could probably be capable of a lot more. But for this amount of effort, they could have made a lot more profits from making a 1/10th scale car that goes 100mph. !000 scale mph. it would probably be a bit cheaper too, but I think at that scale/speed, people would be more willing to put in the money. Hell, I think if they built a 10th pan car with independent suspension at all 4 corners, a flat bottom, diffuser, and a simple 2 gear (pinion/spur) 2wd drive train, it would be lighter, more aerodynamic, more manageable, cheaper to produce, and have more room for MORE LIPOS!
sorry to go off topic from the x01 but this crap pisses me off

im a network engineer and a certified microsoft engineer

goto apple.com and build a mac to any spec you wish. i will then show you a pc for 1/2 the cost that you can actually upgrade or fix if you wish

unlike crapple computers where if something goes wrong you have to scrap it or get a apple "genius" to fix lmao

damn mac drones spewing there crap all over aggrivates me to no end

/endrant

sorry
Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 PM
nitrovulcnse

Don't be ignorant. I'm not a Mac drone, I can't afford a new computer, let alone a mac, but I do work on all computers (mac, PC, Linux of all distros) and I know quality when I see it. Macs are just as upgradeable or repariable if you know what you are doing. I wouldn't expect a microsoft technition to know their way around a mac, not because they are stupid, but just because it is different hardware, different software, and an entirely different idea of how a computer should be. Talk about Mac fans, I'm sick of microsoft fans getting overly defensive of their crap. I wasn't shouting out the glories of Apple, I was simply pointing out facts and correcting inaccurite information. And I would love to see you build a dual quad Xeon system for less than $3000 without it being optomized to be a server. If you can, then I will swallow my pride and admit that I was wrong. My personal beliefs and experiences are what encourage me to use a Mac. That doesn't make me a terrible, or second class citizen, nor am I making claims that it makes me sophisticated. Anyway, good luck with building that computer, and maybe keep your mind open a little bit.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Sibant

blah blah blah you have no idea what your talking about

all macs use OLD pc tech LOOK IT UP

i use macs everyday and have grown to hate all these hipsters who flock to starbucks with there macs to write a poem and claim to know whats best

build a dual quad xeon on apple.com and pm me the link. 100% i can build a machine for way less with BETTER parts

example
Old 06-02-2012, 03:08 AM
wrcsti

Why would you want a mac that powerful? Its not like youre gonna play any sweet games on it
Old 06-02-2012, 05:34 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^LOL

has anyone gone off road with a XO1 yet?

shurly with a few tweaks and a filter on the duct, would make a fast rally car
Old 06-02-2012, 05:42 AM
phmaximus

Wonder if HPI will release this???? will it be HPI's awnser to the XO-1?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:54 AM
nitrovulcnse

wah. Stop being such a cry baby. I like macs. I like using macs. I like Mac programs. I do happen to know what I am talking about since I repair PowerPC macs every day. I repair a lot of iBooks, Powerbooks, and iMacs. I tear these computers down and rebuild them, sometimes overclock them (no wimpy Bios overclocking here). There are a lot of cool things hidden inside them that most people would never ever see. You really see first hand how much effort went into every detail of the computer. I really respect apple for that. All I am saying is I would rather have a computer that works well, is top of the line, and is a fantastic peice of engineering, rather than a PC with an overly vulgar case. My parents have had a PowerMac G5 for almost 10 years and only recently bought a new one because everyone dropped PowerPC support. They last a hell of a lon time. That was from 2003, it had two 2.0 Ghz G5 processors, capable of using 16 GB of ram (I believe we only ever had 5 GB installed, still was beautifully powerful for the time). We had a kick as ATI video card in it. It was a gorgeous machine. Personal opinion I guess. I'm not trying to "convert" people. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to be an irrelivent Mac Vs. PC debate.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
wrcsti

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

thats an rc car [X(]
Old 06-10-2012, 05:45 PM
phmaximus

sure is
Old 06-10-2012, 06:20 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Nice pics phmax, but I'm wondering where you found them and if there is any more info on what it is?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:16 PM
phmaximus

Aparently a pic got posted on HPI's facebook on 7th of jan with "electric or nitro?"

its a LMP -Le mans prototype

[link]http://www.bigsquidrc.com/hpi-lmp/[/link]
[link]http://www.hobbymedia.it/35598/hpi-lmp-le-mans-prototype-jrm-racing-3d-teaser[/link]
Old 06-11-2012, 11:26 PM
jayjay283

I can already imagine what I would do to that front end after 20 minutes of 6s. Im sorry mr HPI car but you're gonna die
Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 AM
phmaximus

No doubt it's only for high skill levels and is not ment to be crashed or driven on less than perfect surfaces.

Won't be the first or last Rc car that can't be crashed with out braking something.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Bmr4life
My Feedback: (45)

I'm glad this car is as big as it is. I couldn't imagine trying to control a tiny 1/10th scale at these speeds. Best I've seen is 85mph(gps) and that's solely due to lack of room. I've yet to go full throttle.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 AM
doug702

someone payed attention in calculus, lol
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Damn... that is a sweet looking ride.... I would rather have that than the XO-1...