Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

ORIGINAL: cumquat

i just watched jang's video about this car and everyone's badmouthing it. in the vid he said something that made me think and check something. he said its a ten pound car that does 100mph, that made me think about what that equates to as a projectile.

there are 7000 grains in a pound, 1mph is 1.46 feet per second.
    .5x70000x146^2/7000/32.175=3312fpe
    a .30-06 weighing 165 grains travels at about 2700fps
    .5x165x2700^2/7000/32.175=2670fpe
    simply put, this car would hit harder than a round of 30-06.
    I didn't do all the math, but honestly that's the first thing that came to my mind as well. I have a TB-02 with a brushed motor, and it broke my friends toe when it hit her foot. Granted, she was wearing flip flops at the time but still, if a 25 mph 1/10 on road can break a toe, just imagine the damage this thing could do if it hit someone.
    Brat (RIP) | Mini-Z MR-015 | TB-02 | DF-03 | Grasshopper | Turbo Vee | M-04M | XMODS | Levant | Lunch Box | Pede | Blade MCX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

maybe Nic Case can take this chassis, and work his magic and make the 1st 200mph car.

He has already built one that did over 160mph

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOGAvhyJ84[/youtube]
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really like the XO-1. I used to race rc oval superpeedway at a local Velorome.Iattempteduinder chassis areo modsunsuccesfully and went air borne around 55 mph. I have never seen a successful areo chassis. probably because 1/10 scale limits the space for a successfull areo under tray. I like the 1/7 or 1/8th scale because it gives a more stable platform with the increase width, length. and room to fit the dual battery packs and huge mamba motor. I'm sure they would create a class for these if 4 cars or more would show and at the least it was qualify for the unlimited super speed run.

This particular velo track is cement and very old and buckled in places with wide gaps between the sections. the independet suspension of the X0 would come into play very successfully here. and I thinkthe high speed rated tires would be more forgiving than the hard custom built capped tires we used.

I have reviewedthe specification and chassis and drive train exploded views. I am very impressed with the substaintial build of the chassis and drive train parts. heavy duty part are a must at 100+ speeds.

As far as ingesting little rocks into air cooling duct, we blow of the track befor the race. and I'm sure a fiter can be easily adappted to the intake. or maybe a side duct can be contructed.(see Nascar window ducting)

Bottom line I wold love to have this car even as a shelf queen.!

Traxxas Slash SSC LCG 4x4 MMP SCT, Tamiya TA05v2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This car really caught my eye. I have plenty of off road cars/trucks and was recently looking around for a street car to run at my job we have a huge nicely paved parking lot with a 1/2 mile level straight run. I would love to do some speed runs there. Although 1150 price tag is steep you do get 2 5000 MAH 3s batteries included with the car. I do not like purchasing the first production of any manfuactured item so i will wait a few months and see how this car gets reviewed in the rc community once it is released. The car does look very appealing to the eye though.

CX2,Blade MSR, Blade MCPX, DX7
    Savage X 4.6, Redcat Rampage MT, HPI Vorza Flux, 1/16Revo, Comming Soon Savage XS, Futaba3PM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so this whole issue with the iphone needed to unlock the car full potential seams to be a big issue. while I was looking threw the toysrus flyer i happen to find myself looking at the rc section and found that they sell a heli that requires you to own a iphone/ipad/itouch to use as a controller. so not only are we looking at apple as being our new "program card" but now as a full bore controller, ***!

I guss the apple is here and probly instead of going away will just get stronger. sorry fellas.....
    If it aint brokew fix it!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tomst-maxx

so this whole issue with the iphone needed to unlock the car full potential seams to be a big issue. while I was looking threw the toysrus flyer i happen to find myself looking at the rc section and found that they sell a heli that requires you to own a iphone/ipad/itouch to use as a controller. so not only are we looking at apple as being our new "program card" but now as a full bore controller, ***!

I guss the apple is here and probly instead of going away will just get stronger. sorry fellas.....
    It's coming, an application wihich will allow you to drive your rc car utelizing the on board camera! Oh too late, this app already exhist for the above helo. Think about it drive from the inside of the rc car!You will need a spotter! Heh!
    The theXO theIphone appshould be a no brainershould you already have a Iphone, if you don'tsub in your current controller with manual dials and controls. I may have to get an I phone for uise with rc!!
    One thing, don't drop your Iphone!Not to mention beinghit by an XO-1 at100 mph! $100 dediuctible on the iphone insurance, that doesn't includeER cost.eek!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tomst-maxx

so this whole issue with the iphone needed to unlock the car full potential seams to be a big issue. while I was looking threw the toysrus flyer i happen to find myself looking at the rc section and found that they sell a heli that requires you to own a iphone/ipad/itouch to use as a controller. so not only are we looking at apple as being our new ''program card'' but now as a full bore controller, ***!

LOL!
    are you kidding me??[:-]
    that quadcopter is built to fly with that controler and that way only
    you cannot compare that $300 Quadcopter to this
    for what you get its a good deal, the technology is way beyond this car....

its bogus in this car and its all about sales pitch!
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tower is sellig the XO for 1149 and offering a 120 discount= $1029 + Iphone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: cumquat

i just watched jang's video about this car and everyone's badmouthing it. in the vid he said something that made me think and check something. he said its a ten pound car that does 100mph, that made me think about what that equates to as a projectile.

there are 7000 grains in a pound, 1mph is 1.46 feet per second.
    .5x70000x146^2/7000/32.175=3312fpe
    a .30-06 weighing 165 grains travels at about 2700fps
    .5x165x2700^2/7000/32.175=2670fpe
    simply put, this car would hit harder than a round of 30-06.
    I didn't do all the math, but honestly that's the first thing that came to my mind as well. I have a TB-02 with a brushed motor, and it broke my friends toe when it hit her foot. Granted, she was wearing flip flops at the time but still, if a 25 mph 1/10 on road can break a toe, just imagine the damage this thing could do if it hit someone.
    This. First of all, I am sure a large majority of people who are into hobby grade RC's, have at one point been hit by RC's of various sizes and weights at various speeds. Needless to say, it typically hurts. Now I've been hit by just about every scale and type of offroad based RC there is other than 1/5 scale cars while turn marshaling where I race, and the faster they are going upon impact, the more it hurts. Now obviously when turn marshaling, you stand well out of the way of the cars until one flips, but accidents happen, people overshoot a jump and if you aren't paying attention you can get pretty hurt if w/e car it is that overshot the jump hits you. I have never gotten anything more than a bruise when I've been hit, but that doesn't mean they could do worse. I would never want to get hit by my 1/8 buggy going more than 30 MPH, especially a buggy due to the exposed front shock tower and such, that could do some major damage. Now an onroad car has a full body covering it, but bump the speed up to 50+ MPH and its going to hurt like hell if you get hit, and likely do damage. As noted above in the quote, the math shows just how much force that car would have, now being that its not in the shape of a bullet and obviously much larger, it probably wouldn't kill someone, but it could get close, at least a broken foot or ankle. While this is a "toy", its a rather serious toy, much like riding a quad or a dirtbike, you have to be responsible and smart about it to avoid hurting yourself or others. Personally I think this is just another typical rehashed POS from Traxxas, typical of their entire line, and they built it with the mentality of "Why don't you have a bit of car with your motor", but it is still something to be respected with its speed potential. Its dangerous just like many other forms of recreation, but I'll continue on with this below....

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: 87MagnumII

I've been following this thread since traxxas posted the big spinning x on their website. As you can tell by number of posts that Im pretty new to the site and to rc in general. I'm learning quickly and having a blast but there are a few things I'm sick of just from reading this thread.

I'm tired of the haters stereotyping traxxas owners as stupid Neanderthals that know nothing. Pretty much comparing us to primates. Not everbody has a want or need for a top notch racer. I have two slash4x4's, a spartan, two xl5 rustlers for my kids and a Losi mini 8 buggy. I understand that these are not the most sophisticated platforms and I really don't care. We have fun as a FAMILY and that is what matters the most in my opinion. My slash 4x4 is setup pretty good and I'm doing well with it on 1/8 buggy track, not as nimble as a team associated truck, but it still holds its own. I wish that some people could remember back when they started that they didn't have the best of the best either but I bet it still put a smile on their face.

The other thing is all trash about apple and their customers. I've read comments on here that almost insinuate that just because you have an iPhone means that you are a total ass wipe, which is totally not true. I carry one and so do a lot of people for more reasons than listening to music and and playing games. It's actually got this really great feature called email, as do most phones but it is much easier to use than a black berry or android in my opinion. The gps is killer, the battery life is good, the camera is fair but better than a lot of other phones, and it doubles as a hot spot for other devices to connect to the internet. It is not quite as open to 3rd party as other phones but it is also a very stable platform that is virtually virus free. All of these features suite a variety of needs for all kinds of people not just us dumb traxxas owning techies.

The car itself is very cool but I have little interest in on road but I do think the new radio is very neat and plan on getting one for all of my other trucks. Yes it is convenient for me because I do have an iPhone and I can understand that some are frustrated by the fact that it is apple only. On the other hand look at the innovation here, do you think other manufacturers are just gonna sweep this under the rug? I'd say not. Traxxas took a big step with this thing and the others are soon to follow I'm sure.

I also believe that if someone is willing to shell out $1100 for this car another $100 for a used iPod touch should be no big deal. This is the first step in the right direction and it's only going to get better from here. Soon enuff there will be something for everyone.

So please the next time you feel the need to bash a traxxas owner or an iPhone owner, keep it to yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. There are other forums on the Internet that don't have near the trash talk that this one does and as much as I hate to say it I will probably start to frequent those more so than this one because I won't have to sift thru the trash to find useful information. Not saying there isn't useful info on RCU but there is a lot more static to filter out to find it

Im sorry if I offend anyone but this is supposed to be a fun sport and I don't feel like I should be degraded because of my brand of choice. If I had they money I'd own one of everything but that is not the case so for the time being I will stick with what I have and continue to have fun with it
    A lot of the traxxas owner bashing is based off how people on the traxxas forums react, and how some owners think traxxas's are the greatest RC's ever made that never owned anything else, and never seen anything else drive. But say there is something better they get irate, and go off the wall(seriously I've seen some real nut ball die hard traxxas fans). Same goes for the iPhone I've seen so many people defend the iPhone like it was their purpose in life on this planet. Those are the ones most people refer to when they make jokes. I've seen those types on other forums too so its not a RCU exclusive.

Personally I would never pay a penny for an apple device cause I do not want to have to pay a premium to be forced to download that bloated piece of crap itunes, and install it on my PC. I have an old iPod I was given for free installed itunes to put stuff on it, and the PC I installed it on got so slow afterwards(only thing that was installed prior to the slowdown) even after an uninstall apple still had some of their junk in the OS so I reformatted to get rid of it all (was easier than removing their garbage).
    So if we want this car people who feel like I do about apple products (I know a few people) will be forced to go spend money on a product we don't want, and install a POS program to install the app that is needed.

I'll be honest I like to take jabs at traxxas, but in all honesty requiring a newer iPhone to be able to do what it states on the box is quite ridiculous. Also what happens when apple decides to move the dock connector on the iPhone, and iPod touch? It has happened in the past, and will probably happen again in the future. Also most people that take jabs also have owned, or currently own 1 or more traxxas RC (except foxy he didn't pay the traxxas jab right tax [&:])

About the trash talk if you notice its usually between people who been posting here for a good time, and done in light most of the times. When new people have questions most of the time we will answer them without the screwing around (there have been a few instances of certain members flipping out). Lets face it if we kept the topics purely nice only I doubt many people would keep posting. Sure a lot of new people would post but after awhile they would get board, and leave.

Will say traxxas made one really nice looking RC I doubt many will argue that.

Last thing I didn't think of it till someone mentioned it saying this is for experts, but only selling it RTR is kinds goofy. Most experts will own their own lipos, and their own radio so they could easily knock a bit of the price off. And *** is up with tower now its listed at $1149 where it was $1199 earlier, and $1099 yesterday. Prices are fluctuating more than the stock market it seems they can't make up their mind one way or another.

The reason people bash Traxxas owners is because they are typically kids and people with minimal mechanical abilities who go on the internet and try to be know it all tough guy with the worlds most badass RC. The majority of their user group believes in Traxxas's bold claims and they are of a poser/hip crowd that follow all of the sports Traxxas sponsors but know nothing about them, common in the current generation of tweens and young adults, also known as the "common overly defensive internet tough guy". If you haven't noticed 87MagnumII, alot of Traxxas owners make themselves look like idiots because they deck out their trucks with Integy parts and complain when something bends but insists they are the best, or they have that totally stock Traxxas car that they always mention in their posts as being super tough and they never have problems and Traxxas is the all mighty answer. The Traxxas forums do not help the image of the typical Traxxas user as well, as that place is full of kids who post incorrect information rather often, brag about their stock trucks, and its run by a group of Traxxas-Nazi-Moderators that will ban you if you so much as hint at using products other than Traxxas, as well as perma-ban you if you so much as hint at the fact that there are much better brands out there. The typical Traxxas owner does not know much about RC and they make it worse by getting defensive on the internet when someone suggests they go to a dumbed down forum like the Traxxas forums for more basic information. The only people who have created the typical Traxxas owner image are a majority of Traxxas owners out there. You may not be a typical Traxxas owner, and that's fine, you don't sound like an idiot in your post, and no one is calling you out individually as a typical Traxxas owner, so you have nothing to worry about. You are not the general unknowledgeable primitive primate/neanderthal like Traxxas owner that you describe everyone making you out to be. However, many Traxxas owners are exactly that, which is unfortunate, but Traxxas markets to a particular group of people and someone who is new to something is typically not knowledgeable in the subject so they are known for being ignorant. If you aren't ignorant then this does not apply to you and you have nothing to worry about. And just food for thought, think about the typical group of people that own higher end brands like Kyosho, of course there are so newbies and idiots out there with expensive high end race cars, but nothing compared to the following Traxxas has from that group of people.

Its the same story with the iPhone thing. If you own one and aren't some spoiled hoity toity brat, then you have absolutely nothing to be offended by when people are "hating on" that group of people, as you wouldn't fall into the group of typical Apple product owners. Just because you can be offended doesn't mean you are required to be. If you don't like it, and you aren't a part of it, you don't need to be offended by it.

The issue here is that Traxxas is now marketing yet another car with bold claims to their same user group. If this car were for "experts" like Traxxas says it is, it would not be based on the slash 4x4, it would not have such a retardedly huge motor to achieve such speeds, it would be in a kit form or ARTR form requiring a Tx/Rx, and it would actually be capable of 100MPH out of the box once equipped with the users own transmitter and receiver. If Traxxas truly intended this car to stay out of the hands of inexperienced newbies, they would've made it a kit with more additional equipment requirements (and no, not an Apple product). Traxxas knows that people who no experience and lots of money are going to see that big bold "100MPH" on the box and want it, but because Traxxas covered their ass with a disclaimer then they aren't liable when some moron kills his neighbor's little kid when he crashes it into them. But even with a disclaimer, its totally obvious that Traxxas knows exactly who they are really marketing this car to, which would be their typical crowd of newbies and spoiled brats, as people with experience with Traxxas and in the hobby as a whole for a while will likely not buy this car, or they aren't buying it purely for the big bold "100MPH" on the box. And unfortunately we will likely hear about some injuries/damages resulting from people who shouldn't own this car getting one and running into someone or something at very high speeds, as having to own an Apple product to make it go that fast won't stop the idiots with enough money to buy the car in the first place.

Maybe with a little bit of luck, one of those typical Traxxas owners too stubborn to buy an Apple product will hit themselves with their XO-1 car and suffer some minor injuries and try to sue Traxxas because they weren't told it could do damage at lower speeds and in their opinion they were experts so it shouldn't have injured them, and eventually the XO-1 will be discontinued or recalled.

EDIT: I would like to know what kind of response times that TQi Tx/Rx radio system has, as well as the specs on the steering servo. It wont surprise me one bit if the radio is slow and the servo is weak, typical of Traxxas, but honestly I hope that its opposite of that with the speeds this thing is capable of. A slow and weak servo with a slow responding radio system in a 100 MPH car is a very bad mix. At 100 MPH, that thing will get really far away really quick, and at longer distances it seems that the lower end (meaning RTR systems like the TQi) 2.4GHz systems have poor response times with noticeable lag. And of course the obvious point with the steering servo is that when under power, the wheels will want to return to straight (and not just due to caster, but due to the universal joints wanting to straighten out), and obviously the 1717 is one hell of a motor with a lot of power, so its going to take good powerful servo for steering duties. I really hope for safety sake that they haven't skimped there.

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

maybe Nic Case can take this chassis, and work his magic and make the 1st 200mph car.

He has already built one that did over 160mph

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOGAvhyJ84[/youtube]
    Get real, the car in that video is based on a Schumacher Mi3, which is a high end car, no one is going to lower themselves to a Traxxas platform based on the slash 4x4 to set an RC top speed world record, mostly because it would be stupid with the suspension it has, and no one is going to do it with a Traxxas car anyway because there are hundreds of higher quality platforms that better lend themselves to high speeds. Also, his record setting car is belt drive, which is smoother and more efficient than shaft drive (much less friction compared to geared ring and pinion diffs, look it up some time), especially at high speeds, the Traxxas car is shaft drive, which is much less efficient at high speeds. I very highly doubt we will ever see a 200 MPH record setting shaft driven RC car, as belts work better for such applications.
    -Chris
    My Race/Bash Rigs ~ Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy / MBX5R Prospec Buggy - Picco/Werks - ACE/XP - Fioroni - Reckward Tuning - King Headz - JConcepts/Proline

\"ThunderbirdJunkie just ripped a bodacious White Castle Chicken Rings fart.\" - TBJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That was a lot to read... and with some good points I had not thought of...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

The issue here is that Traxxas is now marketing yet another car with bold claims to their same user group. If this car were for ''experts'' like Traxxas says it is, it would not be based on the slash 4x4, it would not have such a retardedly huge motor to achieve such speeds, it would be in a kit form or ARTR form requiring a Tx/Rx, and it would actually be capable of 100MPH out of the box once equipped with the users own transmitter and receiver. If Traxxas truly intended this car to stay out of the hands of inexperienced newbies, they would've made it a kit with more additional equipment requirements (and no, not an Apple product). Traxxas knows that people who no experience and lots of money are going to see that big bold ''100MPH'' on the box and want it, but because Traxxas covered their ass with a disclaimer then they aren't liable when some moron kills his neighbor's little kid when he crashes it into them. But even with a disclaimer, its totally obvious that Traxxas knows exactly who they are really marketing this car to, which would be their typical crowd of newbies and spoiled brats, as people with experience with Traxxas and in the hobby as a whole for a while will likely not buy this car, or they aren't buying it purely for the big bold ''100MPH'' on the box. And unfortunately we will likely hear about some injuries/damages resulting from people who shouldn't own this car getting one and running into someone or something at very high speeds, as having to own an Apple product to make it go that fast won't stop the idiots with enough money to buy the car in the first place.

Maybe with a little bit of luck, one of those typical Traxxas owners too stubborn to buy an Apple product will hit themselves with their XO-1 car and suffer some minor injuries and try to sue Traxxas because they weren't told it could do damage at lower speeds and in their opinion they were experts so it shouldn't have injured them, and eventually the XO-1 will be discontinued or recalled.
    I actually posted something similar in another thread the other day about this (think that thread was locked).
    Just imagine once the 1st kid that runs into the street to see the car gets seriously injured, or killed by it. The news will start quoting some BS statistics that they made up on the spot(like the majority of statistics are) then people will start calling for governmental control of them. Then the lawmakers will put in a TON of legislation to effectively kill the hobby saying that RC's are dangerous.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry that was waaayyy tooo loong too reeaad!  Any Pictures?  : )

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

double post

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

And unfortunately we will likely hear about some injuries/damages resulting from people who shouldn't own this car getting one and running into someone or something at very high speeds, as having to own an Apple product to make it go that fast won't stop the idiots with enough money to buy the car in the first place.

I actually posted something similar in another thread the other day about this (think that thread was locked).
    Just imagine once the 1st kid that runs into the street to see the car gets seriously injured, or killed by it. The news will start quoting some BS statistics that they made up on the spot(like the majority of statistics are) then people will start calling for governmental control of them. Then the lawmakers will put in a TON of legislation to effectively kill the hobby saying that RC's are dangerous.
    Well that's like that video that showed up a while back about some girl that got hit by an RC helicopter (I believe it was a heli?) at a park, and she had some serious injuries from that, and the news media that covered the story seemed to be hinting that RC flying was somewhat obscure and unusual and extremely dangerous for everyone. However the aircraft segment of the hobby sees far fewer kids/irresponsible people than the land based RC segment, due to the obvious fact that its much harder to learn to fly an RC plane or heli than it is to drive an RC car, and good thing because an airplane prop or heli rotor can do a hell of a lot more damage than any car could. However, because most anyone can drive an RC car, most anyone can hurt themselves or others all too easily with a 100 MPH car if they don't know what they are doing. Accidents can happen to anyone, but are more likely to happen to the inexperienced.
    -Chris
    My Race/Bash Rigs ~ Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy / MBX5R Prospec Buggy - Picco/Werks - ACE/XP - Fioroni - Reckward Tuning - King Headz - JConcepts/Proline

\"ThunderbirdJunkie just ripped a bodacious White Castle Chicken Rings fart.\" - TBJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As far as the iPhone thing goes, I'm not all that concerned. Sure, I think its incredibly stupid, but it will get hacked soon after it comes out.
    Also, with the speed, I pretty much agree with the injury related stuff said above, but if this number is any similar to Traxxas numbers in the past, that 100mph number will only be achieved by downward speed while falling of a cliff.
    I don't know drive my cars very hard, but I hardly ever max the throttle on my 1/10 F1 car. If they market the top speed, I'm sure everyone who buys one will break it within the first few weeks due to the market that will buy them.

SCX10 Hilux - Kyosho DRX - SCX10 6x6 - DF03Ra - M03 - Kyosho Turbo Ultima

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

would be interesting to see the esc get hacked!
    and everyone could have a 100mph car out of the box without extras

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I saw a guy get his foot exploded by an evolva doing 60mph once. Little bones were hanging out and stuff. No doubt this is a dangerous car.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The first thing I thought of when I saw this car (well, second thing, first was "HOLY CRAP!" at the price) was just how flipping dangerous it could be. A 10 pound RC car going 100mph is a world of hurt just waiting for a pace to happen. This thing has the potential to dismember someone - or to kill them. Traxxas better have a darned good team of lawyers on standby.
    Tarasdad
    Club Saito #680; Saito FA91 (2), FA80; Fox .50, .25, .19; Apprentice; Tiger 60, Sup. Chipmunk; Spirit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: srt10

would be interesting to see the esc get hacked!
    and everyone could have a 100mph car out of the box without extras
    I give it two weeks tops.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why is everybody whining about this thing being dangerous? Nothing fun is inherently safe. A 6 year old with a brushed Stampede can cause an injury. Big flippin' deal.

Half of the people talking about how dangerous this thing is have no problem bashing with a 15 lb monster truck and putting it 10 feet in the air...and this car is more dangerous how? Where, exactly, are you going to rail somebody's foot doing 100 mph? Where?

As a Traxxas hater, a lot of you guys are giving Traxxas haters a bad name. If anybody else built this exact car, you'd be ecstatic and saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, but nope...

Most of you that are blasting this car have no clue why you don't even like it, apart from it being a Traxxas car. Big deal...Traxxas built it. This is not the end of the world. If you're going to do the trendy Traxxas-bashing, why don't you come up with a coherent reason to dislike it?

It uses Slash 4x4 arms. Big deal. The Kyosho Inferno GT uses MP7.5 arms. Oh, hey, lookit that...the 7.5 is a DECADE OLD. The Slash 4x4 is barely 2 years old...
    It uses Slash 4x4 drivetrain parts. You're partially right...but it also uses Revo drivetrain parts, and Revos have stout drivetrains. It's an on-road car, it's not like you're going to be landing double-backflips wide-open with it, the drivetrain will be fine.
    It uses underbody aero. OH NO, this is the end of the world! Why on EARTH would you NOT be OK with that? It's a giant leap forward for RC.

Know what the difference between the guys bashing this car is, and the guys at Traxxas?

The guys at Traxxas have built a 100 mph car, and the guys bashing this car haven't[&:]
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheers TBJ. Great point about the 1/8 monster truck. You jump a monster truck in the air 6 feet high and some idiot is in front of it to bad for them. I hit myself going 3/4 throttle. Tried to jump over the truck as it got to me. Guess what???? That was my fault and my problem.......and my ankle. If you get hit with any rc doing a good speed it will hurt in some way. STAY OUT OF THE WAY!!!! Jangs video had a good point. DON'T HOLD THE TROTTLE DOWN ALL THE WAY and it will go SLOWER. Hpi and most... .ALL race ready rc ARE or WILL BE over $1000.

I think most people just don't want to see the good in this car. Tell me now, Why did the short course truck become so popular????????? Hmmmmmm traxxas slash???!!! YEP! So really, we have traxxas to thank, because all the others are modified copies...

Also if that jang video, he says if you don't want to buy the x0-1....... then don't!!!!

KID EVIL!
    I\'\'m not really a kid.... I just act like one
    VROOM VROOM!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's true, none of our cars no matter how fast they go, can hold a candle to the damage a boat or plane prop, or main heli rotors can do. So let's not go too overboard.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I plan to get one..just going to wait until a month or 2 after its release to see if anything else will be coming out and see some better and more accurate reviews of it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tbird you are absolutely right on!
    with all the comments, it just shows that the XO has grabbed everyones attention! The disclaimer does say, for experts.It should say it not for the immature.

Why are they fixated on the danger and the price. What about HPI's 1/4 scale buggy? Have they ever driven at 100 mph in a real car? Now that is really dangerouse, an immature adult driving at 100 mph.

Too expensive, too fast and you don't like the Iphone app? Buy the OGSlash!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FNG RIDER

Tbird you are absolutely right on!Β*
    with all the comments, it just shows that the XO has grabbed everyones attention!Β*Β* The disclaimer does say, for experts.Β*It should say it not for the immature.Β*

Why are they fixated on the danger and the price.Β* What about HPI's 1/4 scale buggy?Β*Β* Have they ever driven at 100 mph in a real car?Β* Now that is really dangerouse, an immature adult driving at 100 mph.Β*Β*Β*

Too expensive, too fast and you don't like the Iphone app?Β* Buy the OGΒ*Slash!!Β*
    1/5th, not quarter scale, HUGE difference. anyway, with something that big and slow, you have ample time to get out of the way but the XO is a lot less visible at speed and harder to dodge. no, i havent driven at 100mph. i speed, but not by that much. the ipod app is a stupid gimmick easily negated. just swap the radio (which most "experts" would probably want to do anyway) and esc.

i want specs on this motor. it has been speculated in this thread that it can take 8s and if it can, what would that mean in speed? i'm also curious what the kv is (might have been said already but i'm too lazy to search).
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast