Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Another top speed build Help me pick vehicle

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

^^^^ what just happen here?! LOL anyways proceed was a tremendous hobby grade car in its prime, it's just outdated and parts are near impossible to find, if I could find a roller I'd buy one for a shelve queen, I always wanted one but in its prime I was in middle school and could not afford one.

BTW I assumed you ment the electic TC3 chassis not the nitro, the nitro would be a decent choice nic case used it for the 134 mph pass at the first isc event. The electric tc3 is too flimsy IMO
    To be fair... parts are near impossible to find for any outdated 1/8th scale car.
    Her name was Lola. She was a show girl.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could I have that formula you are using to get that top speed? also How would I calculate top speed on a pan car? is the trans/drive ratio 1:1
    Founder
    www.iBand.me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here. I made up a script and uploaded it to my website. This calculator will tell you everything you need to know by simply inputing some numbers

http://www.daytonashelby.com/gearing.php

And as for your 1:1 ratio, in the internal gear ratio, you would put 1.

Hope this helps you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: azrhcp84

dang you getting me looking into pan cars... problem 1 TRACTION how how how would 2wd handle 4-5 hp lol would be so easy to build a custom ''pan car'' type vehicle
    its not traction you have to worry about, its road condition, going 30-40mph is no issue, but being so light going very fast, you hit a large pebble you can flip it, ive done this with my formula car not hitting anything because of the wind it just flipped. you CAN weigh it down though and it does help.

ive hit almost 80mph in my formula car, but it was smooth pebble free road with no wind.

so yeah, a pan car or formula car will be the least expensive way to go stupid fast, but you need a good place to run it first.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There's some speed calculators for smartphones, both for the iPhone and Android.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

^^^^ what just happen here?! LOL anyways proceed was a tremendous hobby grade car in its prime, it's just outdated and parts are near impossible to find, if I could find a roller I'd buy one for a shelve queen, I always wanted one but in its prime I was in middle school and could not afford one.

BTW I assumed you ment the electic TC3 chassis not the nitro, the nitro would be a decent choice nic case used it for the 134 mph pass at the first isc event. The electric tc3 is too flimsy IMO
    To be fair... parts are near impossible to find for any outdated 1/8th scale car.
    I really dont understand this post? ANY outdated cars parts are hard to find, doesnt matter the scale? I just mentioned the fact the proceed was a outdate car. I think i was pretty clear on that in my orginal post?
    -= 100 Is Only The Beginning =-
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So the shark what you think pan car or tc series??? cost really does not matter to me... I can add weight to the pan car if I had to... but the less rotating parts seems like a better choice to me.... the main thing im worried about is being able to find a lot of options on wheel/tire combos
    Founder
    www.iBand.me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well on paper a pan car with a 7700 3s could be VERY fast... if the motor has enough power to push past the drag at higher speeds... is there a formula weight/power/speed also?
    Founder
    www.iBand.me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12