Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Need help with 1:10 setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
HotRodEnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 1:10 setup

Hey Guys,

I hope am in the right place, if not, Mod please move to right place,if so. I am here for help with my Rc.

I am running 8 bolink eliminator with the following:

Note: I have 8 cars total
ESC :3 Castlewinder SV2 combo with Motor (4 Pole) it says 100,000 RPM MAX

ESC: 3 dynamite Fuze DYN3754

Receiver: 8 Futaba R203GF

Transmitter: 4 Futaba 3PRKA 2.4ghz

Battery: 6 - 7.4V 25C 5800mAH Lipo

Race Track: 1 Micro reality stock car racing size 24' X 24' X 24'

Problems I am having that I would like to address:

console #1 car # 1
ESC and MOTOR running hot after 10 or 15 min of running on 1 Castle
stops responding after a bit will go back and forth but with no steering after a while
Car going way too fast

Console 2 car 2

car glitching with lack of steering at times
car goes way to fast

Console 3 car 3
Car go way too fast
ESC and MOTOR running hot after 10 or 15 min of running on 1 Castle
No steering at all but steering
Steering dual rate when I turn it turns the wheel hard to one side

Console 4 car 4

Dynamite Fuse not responding at all only steering works but car does not go back and forth

and the other cars are only for backup.

1 problem I notice after going over manuals again is I did not calibrate transmitter with esc, I tried to follow the instructions, but no go.

Not sure how to go forward.

All parts a brand new and have only been installed and ran once thats when I discovered all of these problem.

Your help will greatly be appreciated

I am located in Kissimmee, Florida, if anyone is near and can assist me that would be great

Open to all ideas

Fuze Manual
http://www.dynamiterc.com/ProdInfo/F...740-Manual.pdf

Transmitter and Receiver Manual
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/3prka-2_4ghz-manual.pdf

This is my current settings for Castle ESC
http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...ring_chart.pdf

Castle manual
http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf

Pictures are here:

Photos - Google+

Thanks so much in advance
Hot Rod

[Update]

I have spent the whole day working on this system, I have since got all steering to work properly on all 4 consoles.

Problems I am faced with now.

1. How to calibrate radio with ESC, because it now look like my problem mainly lie there. like setting endpoints, I have followed directions in manual to no avail

2 Cars are extremely too fast, even with adjusting throttle down to 35% still not helping very much as if the settings are not taken affect.

I am looking to order spurs and a new battery to see if this helps with speed issues, I am told my batteries may be too powerful, but for my application, I want to change batteries out as less as posible .

All Ideas are welcome, and thanks too all who have weight in Thanks much

Best Regards
Rod
Old 04-30-2012, 03:36 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Need help with 1:10 setup

In regards to it going too fast and overheating, you could use a smaller pinion, larger spur gear(if possible), or lower the timing on your esc.

If you're having a lot of problems with the fuze, I would ditch it for a better system. Personally I've had a lot of bad experiences with electronics by horizon brands.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:04 AM
kahnen

I think I see your problem, its your battery. Switching to a better brand, like Scentsy, might help. Your current one, probably has a wavelength of less than 380 nanometres. You need one between 380nm through 740nm to see the results your looking for.

Also, your FDR should be shooting for 299,792,458 meters per second.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 AM
HotRodEnt

The Mad Modder

I thank you soo much, I will look into it, that sounds reasonable...

Thanks much
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 AM
HotRodEnt

ORIGINAL: kahnen

I think I see your problem, its your battery. Switching to a better brand, like Scentsy, might help. Your current one, probably has a wavelength of less than 380 nanometres. You need one between 380nm through 740nm to see the results your looking for.

Thanks so much for your input, it means alot.

So your saying I should invest in better batteries. I will locate 1 new for testing and will get back to you...

Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 AM
kahnen

ORIGINAL: HotRodEnt

ORIGINAL: kahnen

Thanks so much for your input, it means alot.

So your saying I should invest in better batteries. I will locate 1 new for testing and will get back to you...
LOL, sorry no. I was just teasing a bit about your battery link pointing to a candle. Scentsy is a candle brand, visible light has a wave length between 380nm- 740nm(outside that is UV or ultraviolet light) and 299,792,458 meters per second is the speed of light.

For serious help though, hot temps on the esc and motors are usually a sign of over gearing. You haven't said what gearing you are using. Also esc and motors over a course of a run will heat up anyways, you need to find out how hot it really is getting. A esc/motor fan could help keep them in check.

Your cars are going to be fast, your brushless system, lipos and gearing are all factors in making that speed. Thats why people get those to go faster. You could try a lower KV motor(higher turns) or adjusting the gearing. Using the transmitter to reduce the speed might be a factor in the heat build up in the esc too, running "half throttle" generates more heat.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 AM
kahnen

Oh I forgot to add, I like your idea. I wish we had something like this around me, looks like a blast. Is this a stand alone "attraction" or is part of other attractions? Or part of a hobby shop/business?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 PM
warnos16v

If those are the cars u are running pan cars? I would put something more like a 17.5 or 13.5 in them running on that track with a 7.4 2s lipo.. Pan cars at the moment run 13.5 with single cell and are plenty fast.. if u are getting too hot put min timing on the motor and take the settings down on the speedie too.. also gear down.. smallest pinion u can get and go from there.. if u want run time over 15mins.. pan cars dont need that motor with 2s.. good luck..