Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mod XO-1 Night Drifter

I've been working on this for a few days and have finished the body and thought I'd share a few pic's with you guy's. I'm running a Neu 1527 1.5d 1500kv motor and the Mamba XL2 speedo (only for the data and maybe oneday plugging in 8s and having some speed fun) and will run 6s 5000mAh nano's and gear it to do 60-70mph. I'm hoping that the lower gearing will increase runtime so I can go for late night walks through the street's when the roads are dead, we have some nice new hot mix road's in the main street and this thing sounds awesome echoing from shop window to window, wow, F1! (almost on scale)
    If anyone's interested I can post the build?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mod XO-1 Night Drifter

Do you drift that? Can you? Do you even need drift tires for it? and I want to see that body lit up in the dark
    SCX10 Hilux - Kyosho DRX - SCX10 6x6 - DF03Ra - M03 - Kyosho Turbo Ultima

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've still only had one full day's driving this car so I'm learning but from what I found, to get the car drifting I justdrive over a dusty section of road to get the tires dusty and then she's good for drifting with minimal throttle input.  Otherwise, I can just drive it a little too hard, then it's all over the place too, I love this car.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: millzee

I've still only had one full day's driving this car so I'm learning but from what I found, to get the car drifting I justdrive over a dusty section of road to get the tires dusty and then she's good for drifting with minimal throttle input. Otherwise, I can just drive it a little too hard, then it's all over the place too, I love this car.
    Sounds like a lot of fun. It seems to be very affordable too.....
    It would be great to have one. What speed have you got yours up to? (And where at?)

SCX10 Hilux - Kyosho DRX - SCX10 6x6 - DF03Ra - M03 - Kyosho Turbo Ultima

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now this thing is user friendly for my family, 100% travel means a heap of fun for me and with the travel set to 45% it's great for the kids too, I'll need rpm arms and truggy wheels to complete it, it's very tough.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8NzK8dkxS8[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DAMMMMM nice one...

first offroad XO-1....

might get one now
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e, River Hobby X-Ranger

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At 1:11 impressive acceleration. Looks like a lot of fun, and I thought this car was pointless. If traxxas had released this as a WRC model, I'd have bought one at release probably. Here's hoping some people cotton on and some bodies get made. Awesome conversion dude, just awesome, what did you do? Just put 1/8th buggy wheels and raise the suspension as far as it would go? Or have you changed the geometry? Well done anyway, looks great.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice video. Course mine's a shelf queen for now. Its a bit dusty from running on the road. I've had mine up to 64 mph on the road. I'm not gonna really open it up til I get out on some open area. Maybe after a year or two I might get some Digger tires and try it off raod. Thought about it allready and putting it on the oval track at my local R/C track.
    Full Member of ECMT. Tamiya Hauler with Custom Aluminum Trailers. Drop deck and Flatbed\'\'s, Loading Dock and Scale Garage.