Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

how to hit 100kmh

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 AM
ollie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to hit 100kmh

hey all, i am very new to this hobby. i have bought myselfa hsp xeme 1/10pro didnt want to spend to much for my first car, but for the price i guess its pretty good.
anyway i want to hit the 100kmh mark, i bought a 3s lipo and so far my car is completly stock i have no idea what speeds to expect. i did a bit of reasearch andkind of gathered the higher the kv the faster you will go ?i was looking at ez run 6000kv 5.5t motor upgrades but then i saw people going 70mph with the Velineon 3500 Brushless and thats only 3500kv ? what do you think is the better one to go with ? and what gears and other mods would i have to do to hit 100kmh ? any advice would be apreciated
Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: how to hit 100kmh

While it's true that higher kv motors are faster than lower ones at the same voltage, lower kv motors can often handle higher voltage, so they can be faster in the long run. Top speed also depend on your gear ratio, which you can change with different pinion(the gear on the motor) and/or spur(the gear the pinion meshes with) gears.

One thing to keep in mind, especially with lower end cars, is that the faster you go, the more damaging any collisions will be.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 AM
ollie1

so what motor would people reccomend between the two ?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
The Mad Modder

For speed, I'd go with the vxl. The vxl is rated for more voltage and as it's lower kv motor, will be able to handle a higher gear ratio.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A castle sindwinder 5700kv with 3s lipo will take you above 100kmh right