Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Getting into 1/10th electric touring

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:48 PM
FlyinFalze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting into 1/10th electric touring

Hello all been thinking of getting into racing 1/10th electric touring cars. Afew problems, one being finding a good source for a kits and parts for the rc car. I was looking for xray tr3 but that has been hard to find. I also looked at some other brands but I am having a hard time finding a good rc hobby store to get them, and other brands. I am currently living in saskchewan canada. Any suggestion on some good online store for rc cars. I have looked at some stores but none seem that great. I have been to amainhobbies, tower hobbies and a few others. Again any help would be great. I currently fly rc helicopters and aircraft.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 AM
rbeugn

Default RE: Getting into 1/10th electric touring

Amainhobby and Tower Hobbies are both good places. Ebay is another, Mark Twain Hobby is another. "E hobby shops" is a good search phrase to find others. I have Redcat racing EPX drift car. I like it.I added a gyro stabilizer and velcro body mounting kit. A side hobby is painting bodies, the velcromakes mountingthe other bodies easier.I also have electric coaxialhelis, small indoor and medium outdoor.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 AM
cdcarter

I have a 3racing Sakura Zero S that is new for $110 as a kit and has many upgrades available. Hotshot RC and TQ racing are hobby shops in the US that carry parts for it. The kit is very good and can be upgraded to the full Sakura Zero with all the hop-ups available and is not necessary as it is a good car out of the box.

http://www.hotshothobby.com/SAKURA-Z...KITSAKURA2.htm

http://www.tqrcracing.com/
Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Uncle Vinnie

Have you checked the Team Associated TC 6.1, kit is getting good reviews and your hobby shop should have no problem getting it.
As far as I know all Canadian Hobby Shops I've been to carry lots of HPI and Team Associated parts, kits, anything you want.
If they carry HPI which they should, everybody has HPI products you should also be able to get the Hot Bodies TCX.

Whatever you decide to do take my advice and only purchase what your hobby shop can get, I get the parts within 5 business days of ordering.

Now I did decided to buy the Xray T3 just like your thinking of getting my Hobby shop does not carry parts for it, guess what I go weeks without running the car because I'm waiting for parts.
It is very frustrating.
Take ny advice and only buy what your LHS can get