Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Car radio with Airplane ESC

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 AM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car radio with Airplane ESC

OK, I'm a plane guy, I have only one nitro RC monster truck so I'm confused right now. I'm building an air propelled snow vehicle that uses a rear mounted propeller for power. I'm using an airplane motor and ESC on it. I thought it would be easier to steer using a car radio. But when I power it up the only way to get the motor to stop turning is applying the brake. If the trigger is in the nuetral position the motor is at about 30% power. I tried the trim but it won't trim down enough. Do I need to use a car ESC? And will it work with an airplane motor?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Car radio with Airplane ESC

You may have to because the throttle of a surface system gives output from -100% to +100% while an air system is usually 0%-100%. That's also because on surface with have reverse and brake functions. Can an airplane ESC be calibrated for the position of the transmitter's throttle position? If so, you may be able to "teach" the ESC that the trigger's neutal position is 0% for the ESC and pulling the trigger is 100% output.