Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

***Official Ofna GT-V2e Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ***Official Ofna GT-V2e Thread

Just came across this car and thought an "official" thread was in order. I love the look of this car. Everything about it looks great! So here is the place for discussing all things GT-v2e! It will be great to have another 1/8 GT car to choose from now. I wish I could afford to pick one up myself!

Looks like it has a 4.3:1 diff ratio and come with a 42T spur. Not sure yet what size pinions work with it yet

Here is a link to the manual as well.
http://ofna.com/pdf/14283-GT-V2e-Pro.pdf

Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM
yakfish

Default RE: ***Official Ofna GT-V2e Thread

Here is the link to the specs on Ofnas page.

http://ofna.com/gtv2e.php
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 AM
iexion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im kinda diggin it but this makes 3 different 1/8 electric onroad cards from ofna [&:]
The chassis lay out is completely different from the other (obviously) but why not just make this a "conversion" for the GTP2 E ?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 AM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: iexion

Im kinda diggin it but this makes 3 different 1/8 electric onroad cards from ofna [&:]
The chassis lay out is completely different from the other (obviously) but why not just make this a ''conversion'' for the GTP2 E ?

That would have been sweet to be able to convert the GTP2e to this layout. It looks very well ballanced and I really like the battery trays. Looks like you could runn dual 4s which would be awesome for speed runs too. I think sometime in the future my GTP2e will be running a Mamba XLS on 8s but I am going to have trouble fitting it all in there. Looks like it would be easy with this layout.

Judging from the pic this is going to be a much higher quality kit than the GTP2e or the DM-1 though. I guess that why they redesigned a whole new car. To have something to compete with the Serpent Cobra GTe
Old 11-20-2012, 03:54 PM
iexion

This is really pushing me to convert my dm1 to electric. Taking this idea off your crt.5 with a 1/8 size BL motor im willing to bet the motor mount in the crt.5 will also fit my dm1. Im just too dam lazy to take the dm1 apart to find out
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
yakfish

This is the only GT-V2e vid I can find. I hoping to find a promo vid from Ofna but this will have to do for now.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TPBJAXmUDo[/youtube]

And the nitro version
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39UjYVEKG10[/youtube]
Old 01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Pazuzu_BR

Hey guys, any powerplant sugestion?

I'll do speedruns, eventual/informal race with friends...
I was thinking about MM 2200kv or Tekin 2250KV combo.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2200 is a good kv for an onroad, allows 6S. If you are not planning on running 6S, go for something a bit higher, 2350 for example.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Foxy

It couldn't be a conversion kit as it is a totally different car. See all that TeamC stuff on it? I bet its a TeamC car dressed up as an OFNA, and if that's the case, I won't be touching it with a long stick. AFAIK, the full story is posted on RC Monster's forums, TeamC are currently the subject of an active lawsuit by RC Monster, a small American RC parts designer and manufacturer, for the unlawful reproduction of patented 'slipperential' products, designed by RC Monster. I have one and it is identical to the RC Monster product, a blatant cheap copy. Just putting that out there, I know how some people feel about that sort of thing.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 AM
DVUSHELI

Well, my creditcard is already cowering in fear at the site of this thing lol. I was going for the DM1 Spec E, but now that this is out heh heh heh.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:11 PM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Mine just came today. I bought the brushless CV body type (rtr) It has a 2500kv Toro system in it. Never ran a toro system, I hear there decent we will see... I will post some pics and give it the once over when I take it out of the box (just got home from work). I thought CV meant Corvette, the yellow one kinda looked like a vette? the red/white/black one doesn't lol.
happy rc'ing
Jay
Old 05-11-2013, 06:01 AM
diabolic-mind

man that is a great looking car! just when i say to myself "no more toys" something like this finds me and opps, ordered another one lol
Old 05-20-2013, 08:25 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my qestion! Any chance these arms would fit the dm-1? The whole PBSis nice and all but it's heavy and for what I'm doing I really don't need it. Anyone own of these and a dm-1 to compare parts?

Also I'm guessing this a GT2 length car? I wonder how that 599body would fit on a dm-1 7th scale......things I ponder.....
Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Foxy

I'm not sure that this is the TeamC car I was referring to. It might be another exclusive for OFNA. I've recently seen the TeamC/Absima car up close and it does not have parallel battery bays, it has the usual battery on one side layout, so I take back what I said above.

I'd also like to say, with a little bad taste in my mouth, that the TeamC/Absima GT car really does look very good for the money, I was very impressed when I was demoed one the other day at the LHS. 6S hobbywing electrics, the fattest shocks I've ever seen, all alloy where it should be, and a really good Audi R8 body. I'm thinking about buying the car he demoed for second hand money.