Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

problems after changing diff. please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 03:41 AM
moswissa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems after changing diff. please HELP

Hello guys!

New to RC cars, Ive been into flying quads for a few years back finally got myself into the electric RC world. Im really into drifting.

Got me an issue ive been trying to figure out and its getting very annoying. I even went to an RC hobby store and they couldn’t even figure it out…

So I have the HPI sprint 2 sport. Everything is stock. I recently changed the front diff to a one way using HPIs diff. I locked the rear diff. The install was straightforward. But after that everything went bad.

**its hard to explain so have some patience**

When I give the car throttle for a few seconds, it stops responding like it loses connection. I lose both steering and power and I can see the red lights on the servo and ESC flashing when this happens. After 3-5 seconds the power comes back on, everything is fine for another 5 seconds more or less then it cuts off again. Sometimes it gets stuck moving forward slowly. I can hear the servo working as it makes that humming sound when it cuts off.

Now here is when it gets interesting…

When I left the car off the ground and let the wheels spin, everything works fine. I can give it full throttle and the power stays on. The moment I put it on the ground and give it some easy throttle it starts cutting off again.

I rebinded the RX and TX and now the problem changed. The car actually drives when you are being gentle with it, and it doesnt cut off as much. However as soon as you begin to drift or drive aggressively, the power will either shut off or the throttle will get stuck on full and smash into a curb. This procedure totally changed the issue. Im starting to think its the RX. i dont get it. This car is practically new.

I have had this car for about one week. Everything was fine before I changed the differentials. I tried 3 different batteries and made sure they were charged and still no luck. Hope you guys can help me out thanks