Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

tt-01 motor choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 AM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default tt-01 motor choice

I want to put the 12t titan 550 in my tt-01e I am worried a little about the can length. Has anyone had a titan 12t in a tt-01. I measured and it looks like it will fit..... OR i'll have to cut out the chassis brace to fit. I don't want to cut if I don't have to. Also I'm thinking of the hpi 15t.

And what kind of speed would I get out of each. I think I should get pretty good speed. Mainly I'll be running on the road out front of my out, a little bash-racing now and then.

KID EVIL!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 AM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tt-01 motor choice

IMO, you'd be better off sticking with 540 can motors so you know you don't have to do any cutting. Which 15t are you looking at? HPI has both the firebolt and drift meister motors in 15t. Also are you using an esc that will handle the extra amperage draw?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 PM
KID_EVIL!

I am running the traxxas xl-5 esc. The 12t comes stock with that esc. The hpi firebolt is what I was looking at. And what kind of speeds would I see out of those. I don't need insane brushless power. My brother and I might build a small track in his back yard this summer, and also run on the street a bit. I think he's gonna put a 13 turn brushless in his. I have a 27t still in mine. I'd really like to set up for an off road track/rally style.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 AM
KID_EVIL!

Well, last night I ordered my brothers onroad chassis (tt-01e with upgraded parts $154 plus a body) with the coupon I used I got $20 off and ordered the 12t traxxas for what equals about $4.50 my cost. By measurement it should fit...... bearly. I think my main worry will be the solder tabs sticking out.. But I should be alright. If everything works out, I think I should be able to get some good "budget" speed out of it. I had a castle 5700 in it and it was pretty crazy and a little un-tamed at times. Maybe this 12t will be a happy medium. I might want to pick up a couple 7c nimh in the future.....
Old 03-02-2013, 05:10 AM
KID_EVIL!

well, for everyone else out there. The titan 12t traxxas does fit except for the motor shaft being to long...... I guess cutting could have been an option, but I decided to put the 12t into my stampede (going back to stock) and stole my 5700 back. I have a converted rustler that'll rip so the stampede can suffer for now. Or be passed to my son.. Everything works out though.