Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas XO-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:53 PM
JPriami
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas XO-1

Thinking of getting a Traxxas XO-1. Ive been into RC for many years and in all aspects. I miss having an on road car. This thing sounds cool.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas XO-1

I would strongly recommend considering something a bit more versatile, like the Inferno GT2 VE or the OFNA DM-1. The XO1 is very much a 1-trick pony, and don't forget you need an apple device (ipod touch gen 2 minimum requirement) to unlock the high speed features of the car, something which I find outrageous.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
JPriami
My Feedback: (21)

Well I have iphones so that's no big deal there.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Foxy

If you think it'll be fun to run up and down at 100mph and not much else, then go for it. But bear in mind, you can build an Inferno GT or DM-one that will comfortably reach 100mph for half the cost of the XO1.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Massive drop in price on these in Germany recently.. From €1,000 (I think) down to €699...
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
FLoJo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

If you think it'll be fun to run up and down at 100mph and not much else, then go for it. But bear in mind, you can build an Inferno GT or DM-one that will comfortably reach 100mph for half the cost of the XO1.

Sorry but a Inferno GT or DM1 will not reach 100MPHin half the cost . since you cant buy a brushless ready made Inferno Gt you will most likely have to use a GT2 chassis setup which is around $350-$400 depending one which body and wheels you choose or spend about the same installing a brushless conversion in a GT1
.Then you have to add electronics from motor ,esc, servo custom spur gears that will put you at another $400 unless you buy some cheap china electronics, if you need a receiver and remote that will be extra also 2 3S batteries . the dm1 will be the cheaper but you will still need a differnt set of tires then what comes stock on the DM1 . Yea you can do a budget build for around $500 but that isnt going to get you too 100mph . This is of course if you dont have any of these electronics sitting around and you buy all parts brand NEW.
Here in the states you can get a brand new XO-1 shipped for around $775 shipped to your door and after owning 1 if I didnt pay $1,050 for one a year ago I would gladly pay $775 for a rtr brand new in box today . I also own aGTP setup for hi speed and dont compare to the same funI have with the xo-1 . with the switch of a pinion gear you have the what I think would be the best drifter/basher rc car to a high speed monster .
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 AM
rcpro-123
My Feedback: (2)

I also thought about picking up the xo1 but after reading all the reviews on it, I had a change of heart.you should look into a cheap tc4 with a good mamba system in it.i own 2 tc4 with nice good setups and the speed that I got from my 1/10 scale system was 103 mph at a cost under 350$ and its way cheaper than 1000$ retail or maybe even 600$ if you get lucky on eBay.if you are intrested I would be more than happy to share my setups with you and you could spend way less money for top speed and have a nice drivable car that you could take anywhere and have a blast with.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: FLoJo

Sorry but a Inferno GT or DM1 will not reach 100MPH in half the cost . since you cant buy a brushless ready made Inferno Gt you will most likely have to use a GT2 chassis setup which is around $350-$400 depending one which body and wheels you choose or spend about the same installing a brushless conversion in a GT1
.Then you have to add electronics from motor ,esc, servo custom spur gears that will put you at another $400 unless you buy some cheap china electronics, if you need a receiver and remote that will be extra also 2 3S batteries . the dm1 will be the cheaper but you will still need a differnt set of tires then what comes stock on the DM1 . Yea you can do a budget build for around $500 but that isnt going to get you too 100mph . This is of course if you dont have any of these electronics sitting around and you buy all parts brand NEW .
Here in the states you can get a brand new XO-1 shipped for around $775 shipped to your door and after owning 1 if I didnt pay $1,050 for one a year ago I would gladly pay $775 for a rtr brand new in box today . I also own a GTP setup for hi speed and dont compare to the same fun I have with the xo-1 . with the switch of a pinion gear you have the what I think would be the best drifter/basher rc car to a high speed monster .
OFNA GTP2e - 200
6S electronics - 200

Add a custom center diff mount that allows 1:1 spur/pinion, and you have a 100mph car. The same can even be done with a 1/8th buggy for about the same cost.

You're right, to do it with the Kyosho would probably run you about the same as the XO1, but it would be a much better car as well.

100mph is not a difficult goal any more.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah the onfa might be just as fast but there is no way it would handle as well.

The x01 clever chassis actually creates down force same with the front spoilers and rear defuser.
No Rc car on the market matches the arrow dynamics and down force of the X01 that's a fact.

No Rc car matches the cooling intake for the motor, clever thinking if u ask me...

Not saying it's the best thing out, but with some creative thinking because of the gearing problems, and motor and ESC upgrades u could really get it moving... We have all seen those tethered 200mph cars.. Ok now I'm just getting silly

Some guys are now running the x01 Offroad rally style... That looks cool

Foxy is 100% right, there is cheaper ways to hit 100mph.

100mph 1/10 scale is more impressive if u ask me, that's a scale speed of 1000mph!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm thinking Lehner LMT 3080/6 LK on 1:2 gearing with a MGM Compro TMM 25063-3 on 15s should get some decent speed
U could go even more on the gearing who knows...
Old 02-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: FLoJo

Sorry but a Inferno GT or DM1 will not reach 100MPH in half the cost . since you cant buy a brushless ready made Inferno Gt you will most likely have to use a GT2 chassis setup which is around $350-$400 depending one which body and wheels you choose or spend about the same installing a brushless conversion in a GT1
.Then you have to add electronics from motor ,esc, servo custom spur gears that will put you at another $400 unless you buy some cheap china electronics, if you need a receiver and remote that will be extra also 2 3S batteries . the dm1 will be the cheaper but you will still need a differnt set of tires then what comes stock on the DM1 . Yea you can do a budget build for around $500 but that isnt going to get you too 100mph . This is of course if you dont have any of these electronics sitting around and you buy all parts brand NEW .
Here in the states you can get a brand new XO-1 shipped for around $775 shipped to your door and after owning 1 if I didnt pay $1,050 for one a year ago I would gladly pay $775 for a rtr brand new in box today . I also own a GTP setup for hi speed and dont compare to the same fun I have with the xo-1 . with the switch of a pinion gear you have the what I think would be the best drifter/basher rc car to a high speed monster .
OFNA GTP2e - 200
6S electronics - 200

Add a custom center diff mount that allows 1:1 spur/pinion, and you have a 100mph car. The same can even be done with a 1/8th buggy for about the same cost.

You're right, to do it with the Kyosho would probably run you about the same as the XO1, but it would be a much better car as well.

I almost just pulled the trigger on a gtp2e. Maybe when I get my tax return..?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
The Hedgehog

6S electronics - 200

You sure those 200 dollar electronics would be up to snuff? Haven't seen anyone hit 100 yet in those vehicles with cheaper electronics, the battery has to be decent too.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM
FLoJo
My Feedback: (1)

right now from USA they are under $800 . For the price of everything that comes , you will be hard pressed to find a better deal whether bashing or trying high speed with switch of a pinion gear. GTP todo 100mph you will need 2 4S batteries atleast custom spur gear mount .  I have a xo-1 and 2 gtp's gtp2e other dirt oval version only reason I got them because you cant run xo-1 at track with friends .  You could always go this guys route and build your own , he had in 325mm - 360mm- and full size xo-1 .coolest thing ive ever seen so far

Old 11-01-2014, 01:56 AM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

Get one I've had 2 I just love it in forums when someone turns a thread into something else xo1 is a fun car.Hey I'm sure you like of as I do. One trick pony my Ass. You obviously don t have an xo1. My car is a blast to drive. I'm on my second roller build. And my latest car handles great. I've driven a stock unlocked version terrific car and my builds. One was leopard powered and did 106 on 6s but drove it on 4s for fun still went 74. So I recommend the xo1. Oh yeah it is a one trick pony it's only fun. Go talk about ofna in the ofna forum. P.s. love your cars flo jo