Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Looking for a large scale electric car

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Austin Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for a large scale electric car

Hello everybody. Earlier this year, I found a huge shaft-driven, electric RC touring car on the internet, but I cannot remember what it was and lost the bookmark I saved. Can you guys help spark my memory? If not, can you think of any very large-scale shaft-driven electric RC cars?

The one I am looking for appeared to be of decent quality, and it had a white supercar body. If I remember correctly, it did have some blue and/or purple anodized aluminum components. I think it was 1/4 or 1/5 scale, but it might have been 1/8. There were only two videos I found of it back then which I haven't been able to find recently:

One was in an Asian country on a race track that was paved black with green boundaries. It was the only car there, and it seemed to be somewhat professionally shot (not a spectators' view). I remember the guy crashed and a front wheel broke off.

The other video took place in front of somebody's house on a wet asphalt street.

I think the name had "fire" or "pheonix" in it, but I might be wrong. Or maybe it was FF.

I have searched the internet many nights in a row this week, but I have not been able to find it!

Last edited by Austin Rice; 11-21-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:08 PM
R32GolfTA06

I haven't a clue what car this would be sorry but there is a 1/4th scale car for sale in the classified section if your interested

there is also a section in the forum for giant scale cars so might be better posting question in there

Last edited by R32GolfTA06; 11-20-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Norman2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, The most popular 1/5 scale RC Car worldwide is the FG Modelsports car from Germany. Do a search on Google and you will find
their site. Regards. Norman H. Storer
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Norman2

Originally Posted by Austin Rice
Hello everybody. Earlier this year, I found a huge shaft-driven, electric RC car on the internet, but I cannot remember what it was and lost the bookmark I saved. Can you guys help spark my memory? If not, can you think of any very large-scale shaft-driven electric RC cars?

The one I am looking for appeared to be of decent quality, and it had a white supercar body. If I remember correctly, it did have some blue and/or purple anodized aluminum components. I think it was 1/4 or 1/5 scale, but it might have been 1/8. There were only two videos I found of it back then which I haven't been able to find recently:

One was in an Asian country on a race track that was paved black with green boundaries. It was the only car there, and it seemed to be somewhat professionally shot (not a spectators' view). I remember the guy crashed and a front wheel broke off.

The other video took place in front of somebody's house on a wet asphalt street.

I think the name had "fire" or "pheonix" in it, but I might be wrong. Or maybe it was FF.

I have searched the internet many nights in a row this week, but I have not been able to find it!

Hi. The site is FG Modellsports.com and they make 1/5 scale cards in 2WD and 4WD. Attached a photo of one
of their models. Hope this helps. Regards
Norman
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5150-Sportsline_2WD530_Audi A4DT FG.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1941019  
Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Austin Rice

Those are cool, but not what I am looking for. I want a huge, electric, shaft-driven, 4wd touring car. It was only in the $400-500 range too, so it was totally affordable for how big it was.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Norman2

Hi Austin, What you are looking for does not exist in the market. Biggest on road cars are 1/4 scale and they are not 4WD. They are
Nascar rear wheel drive gas chassis. Anyway good luck on your search. Regards
Norman
Old 11-21-2013, 11:53 AM
R32GolfTA06

I wonder why they where never made in 4wd? It would make sense if they are big and heavy
Old 11-22-2013, 03:07 AM
R32GolfTA06

How's us your search going, judging by comments so far, the car you are looking for foes not exhist
Old 12-27-2013, 09:19 AM
djnaz

http://www.nitrorcx.com/18driftcar.html 1/8th might not be as big as you want but these are low priced big rc's.