Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Xray T3 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 04:12 AM
Carabidae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xray T3 Kit

Just found the Xray T3 2010 kit at a local shop, I wasent really looking for any specific model of the kit so I went with it.
Now, I'm a little confused on which brushless system to go with. I found the Hobbywing 7700kv, Castel Mamba max pro 5700kv. With the lack of options on brushless systems and radio controls, I decided to order them online, for cheaper prices and more options.
I would like some recommendations.
Thank you.
PS: I would like a high speed touring car for my daily use and parking lot racing

Old 09-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Carabidae

Since i had many recommendations/suggestions.. I went with these

I had some problems with the suspension settings, the shocks wont rebound. I tried filling the many times with no use, also used other kind of oil than the supplied one in the kit.
Also, the camber/caster alignment needs some works. Went with recommended settings but the right side tires have toe in compared to the left side. The motor is 5700kv MMP, Futaba 3 channels.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Carabidae

drove the car today for the 1st time. I used a 3S Lipo, 29T pinion with the stock spur 84T.
It is surprisingly slow for what I had in mind. My Firestorm is much faster. It wasent a real test drive, since it was a narrow street with many cars parked left and right, Ill take her tomorrow for a real test in an open space and see for myself.
By reading here and there, many mentioned the use of a 64P gears for a better ratio.
any recommendations?

on another note, I finally settled on a body.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Carabidae

It was a mess the black spray wasent spray right. the color went all over the body and out of the borders I set. Anyways, its not that visible in person.
I drove it properly today on the stock gears, it is fast, drives well, and a lot of wheel spin. I need to set the camber/caster a little more. Also changed the gears to 48/92T 64P. will see the results.
any suggestions on tires to use on asphalt?
Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 PM
Carabidae

the 64P gears didn't hold well for my use. the spur is blocking the turn at some point. when I took it off, there was this one tooth who is messing up. I went back to the 48P 84/29. also did something, dunno if its right or wrong, I changed the placement of the gears. I brought the one in the back to the front and vice versa. A lot of loose traction, the car keeps spinning. but it much more fun. I will try other tires I have with better grip and see how well it goes or go with another set of gears for the front.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Carabidae

Did the differential conversion to solid axles on both ends. its a new car, I like it better the way it is now. also changed the spur/pinion to 78/31 till the 65/38 gets here..
did a little research on the mamba 5700kv about if it can handle a 4s Lipo. many said that the Neu motors are underrated by manufacturers for safety causes. and other were just cautious and underlined the monitoring of heat. so why not, got a 3300mAh 4S and ran it. it looses traction quickly because of the tires, I will run it again with another set and see if it handles better. but motor wise, it heats a bit and I let it rest and run again.

Last edited by Carabidae; 10-01-2015 at 08:14 PM.