Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Help choosing, no experience with on road cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:18 AM
flipside7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing, no experience with on road cars

I'm looking for a vehicle for on road fun, I live in a dusty little town, with everything from rough asphalt with lots of pebble to gravel on it, to perfectly smooth, all within blocks(my town is maybe 10x10 blocks). Like road rally.

$200-$250

I've been having hard time choosing, here is what I've been looking at, and why.

losi mini 8ight rally
bigger than the latrax, but smaller than the mini 8ight b, t.

if I can extend the 8ight truggy an inch and a half, It would emulate an on road 1/10, and fit 200m bodies- this is probably the better idea, but just out of budget, or at least uncomfortable to spend

latrax rally,
its cheap, and has support, hoping it would be able to scrape over, but it's too small
have to upgrade. No bodies, but I like the stock one a lot.

associated apex Scion tC,
can get one $200
never messed with a street cars, or assoc. hoping it'll scrape over.
Looks solid

converting a slash 4x4
too expensive,

basher m.rage well thos will never have parts, will they??
basher rtr rally car 1/10

but really tired of truggies, buggies, and trucks, especially the limited bodies.

i would like to get on road, but would like to be able to handle the patchwork of repairs in this towns streets.

Please any suggestions welcome

thanks