Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

ofna 1/8 gpt2e gearing help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 01:37 PM
almaidah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna 1/8 gtp2e gearing help

Ok i have that car and i bought turnigy set-up 150a gen 2 and the 2100kv motor all turnigy trackstar running 2 2s 5600kv 50-100c nano tech packs i would like the best gearing setup i can do i already tried 34 34 but i know i can do better with different gearing and thats what im looking for help with thank you in advance

Last edited by almaidah; 02-23-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:51 AM
almaidah

this site used to be go and be able to get help... what happend to people these day
Old 03-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This site has gone down hill. Your posts in this thread are an excellent example of how it's going down hill. There are people here who do still want to help but without enough information we really don't know how. The problem is the people asking questions aren't being descriptive enough, not using proper English or punctuation and then being rude with their next post slamming users and the site for not giving them what they want.

I dont mean to slam you at all, just trying to get you the help you need and make this a better place for all. So let me tell you what I take from your first post. You have a GTP2e, Turnigy combo, 2100kv, 4s 5600 50-100c. So far so good, very informative and necessary information for us to know for any sort of recommendation. No punctuation whatsoever but I can understand it so far. Unfortunately we start to go down hill from here. You say you currently have 34 34 gearing? Normally gearing is expressed as pinion/spur, no "/" no big deal but it would help. The lack of punctuation starts to bite you in the @s$ more though as we get to the end and what do you mean by "I would like the best gearing setup" "I know I can do better".

You want the best gearing setup for what? For drag racing? Top speed runs? Some sort of track racing? Tractor pulling? What are you looking to do? What are you looking for it to do different compared to your current gearing? How is anyone supposed to know what's best for you if you don't tell us what you want to do? So either tell us what you want to do using proper English and punctuation or we can just start making suggestions about what you should do. Hint, most of those suggestions would probably involve your vehicle, lots of shoving and a certain orifice.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 03-08-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:27 PM
almaidah

i thought it was pretty simple on what i said no disrespect 34 34 and by that 34 pinion and 34 spur 150amp esc turnigy trackstar gen 2 i would like faster speeds because that setup isnt doing it speed runs
Old 03-09-2016, 04:53 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still no punctuation in your posts. No I'm not a grammar nazi but this isn't Twitter where you're limited on characters and why make it harder for people to read your posts...

Anyway. You're not going to gain any speed by gearing it to go faster. In fact you might gain some speed by gearing to go slower. Why? Because the higher the speed a vehicle is geared for the more power it needs. Ever try putting a full size vehicle in 5th gear at 20mph? Sure you can reach top speed eventually but not if you run out of room first. But instead of experimenting with different theoretically lower top speed gearing to find something the motor can pull why not just increase the power by going 6s. Yeah it's going to cost you more money but I think it's the only way you're going to go faster