Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Chassis with best steering for project

Old 02-29-2016, 06:49 PM
uncimport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis with best steering for project

Hi All,
we are looking for a chassis with
  • very precise steering (minimal slop or play)
  • tight turn angle (small turning circle)
  • can run slow
  • prefer RTR
So far we have tried some micro chassis from hpi and kyosho but too much steering slop. We bought an xray 1/18 which was better but we decided it couldn't carry the battery size we wanted, so over to 1/10 or 1/12.
We then bought some Tamiya chassis a TD-04, TA-05 which we built and a TT-01e RTR. The TT-01e was only a little worse for our purposes, cheaper and saves us time as a RTR.
I saw a 3Racing RTR drift car in a shop which had much steeper steering angles than their regular road chassis so we've ordered and will try that next.
I would prefer to stick to a common brand as we need a few of these, and no doubt spare parts. Also cheaper is better.

So my questions (finally!)
  1. Do the Tamiya drift models have tighter turn angles than their regular road chassis?
  2. Would any hop up parts for TT-01e get rid of slop or increase turning angle?
  3. Are there any other cheapish RTR chassis we should consider (minimal slop and tight turn radius)?
  4. What is the slowest running gears I could put into a TT-01e if we do stick with that?

Thank you so much in advance for any input