Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Best Rental

Old 04-01-2016, 04:24 AM
Henryslash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Rental

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1"]Hi all.

I am in the process of doing the ground work on opening up a RC car track with both indoor and outdoor tracks.

I am pretty sorted on the outdoor side of things but new to the indoor on road side and was looking for help and ideas.

Can someone help me with choosing a good beginner car for children and adults who have little experience in Rc cars to use as rentals.

The car will need to be durable but also have plenty of run time per battery.

Would anyone know the size of track that would be required? I was thinking 3,000 sq ft?

Any help would be appreciated :-)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 04-06-2016, 04:05 PM
rc18junky

Renting cars have been done before with not much success. Unfortunately newbie cant drive very well and seemTo crash and brake things alot . If you wanted to try it anyway i world say traxxas slash would be your best bet and non brushless . A slash is a good truck because the wheels are under the fender and the suspension arms would be the first thing to break when crashing. That way if they run into something those bumpers are good at taking the hit and parts are cheap. You wouldn't want a battery that would give it a long run time these days the ESC and motor overheat before the battery pack Runs Out. You don't want to be replacing electronic because thats where all the money is. I would just do 3000 MH batteries have them bring it back for another battery that way the electronics would have a chance to cool down. As for a on road car there are no good cars to rent they would be breaking all the time I'd stick to the off-road rental type thing.

Last edited by rc18junky; 04-06-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:48 AM
Henryslash

Hi Rc18Junky

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes i have been testing slashes out a while now and have 4 of them here.

I was going to run with brushless, can you tell me why you think brushed is better?

Also was going to run 4 minute races with 2 mins break each hour using 10,000mah s2 lipos, does this sound ok or do you think i will still have overheating issues?
Old 04-07-2016, 04:36 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest brushless Slashes and put them in training mode. They will be about as fast as brushed however the motors will last much ,much longer than a brushed motor.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:15 AM
Henryslash

Thanks Flyinwalenda that was what i was thinking :-)

I had 2 brushed slashes with titan motors that lasted 12 and 18 runs before i had to replace them with ez run esc and motors etc
Old 04-07-2016, 08:25 AM
rc18junky

Originally Posted by Henryslash
Hi Rc18Junky

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes i have been testing slashes out a while now and have 4 of them here.

I was going to run with brushless, can you tell me why you think brushed is better?

Also was going to run 4 minute races with 2 mins break each hour using 10,000mah s2 lipos, does this sound ok or do you think i will still have overheating issues?
I'm thinking price of running them you need to make some money. keeping it brushed keeps the cost down and slow enough for new to rc people to drive [ the brushed traxxas esc also have a training mode ] . You wont have to change any settings just the battery. for the price of one 10.000mah 2c lipo you could get 10 or more 3000mh nimh batteries.

the reason brushed motors fail is because people don't clean them there not maintenance free like breathless motors. simply spray motor cleaner in them after 3 or 4 runs and you should be good

plus there only 14.00 bucks for a new one even cheaper with a wholesalers lic.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-1-10...UAAOSwvt1WRFjf

Last edited by rc18junky; 04-07-2016 at 08:34 AM.