Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 271 of 278 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 6945

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

my tt01 slides when going over 20mph and making a turn, both the diffs came locked when i bought it off ebay. is this why it has bad handling?

im looking to buy some normal diffs, ive got the tamiya bevel and (G i think it is) parts. if im correct the G comes with both the diffs, and you need 2 of the bevel gear packages right? also what should i buy for the drive cups that go into the diffs? i saw on towerhobbies theirs 2 of them for 9 bucks and it comes with some dogbones etc..

or should i buy aftermarket diffs? (this is just a basher not a racer, want it as low mantainence as possible. and dont want it if the extra money isnt worth it for my purposes)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't want to insult your intelligents, does it have drift tires (very hard plastic) or grip (rubbery feel).
    Have you checked your drivetrain to make sure for whatever reason your front wheels are not recieving power?
    Does it slide in one direction when you go fast or is it all other the place?
    Video of the car driving will help.
    Thunder Tiger MT4 G3- Tamiya TA06 Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys,

I've got a TEU104 ESC in my TT-01, and I was wondering if a 3S lipo would destroy it? I've been running 2S in it no probs…

Thanks!
    Running: DF-02, TT-01E, TT-01D, DF-03ra, F104X1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it has hpi radials, rubber. and yes the front wheels are recieving power. it has no problem getting grip going forward but at anything over 20mph it seems the slightest twitch of the steering sends it into a slide off the road. im thinking that the locked diffs are the cause of this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Locked diffs in the rear must be the problem, its fine in the front but not the rear.

For the guy asking about the teu,104bk, you can't use 3s, It will die very quickly (possibly in seconds). Never exceed the voltage and turn limits, its asking for trouble. If you want more speed for a low prices, check out the hobbywing 8.5t and 5.5t brushless systems.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha
    For the guy asking about the teu,104bk, you can't use 3s, It will die very quickly (possibly in seconds). Never exceed the voltage and turn limits, its asking for trouble. If you want more speed for a low prices, check out the hobbywing 8.5t and 5.5t brushless systems.
    Cheers for the info. I'm running a tamiya GT tuned motor on it so it's not exceeding the turn limit.. Packs a nice punch with 2S lipo so I guess I'll stick with that for now..
    Running: DF-02, TT-01E, TT-01D, DF-03ra, F104X1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys,
    I've been looking in to getting this:

I was just wondering what batteries i could put in there, and that would fit -
    this seemed to be the right thread to ask on

would something like this fit?

thanks for your time

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those batteries look like they would fit in terms of dimensions.
    Because the battery is not rounded like a nimh pack, It might sit a bit higher in the battery tray. You might have to raise the battery bar some how (Shims and bigger screws?)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok that sounds cool,
    I'm sure i can work it out then

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, I ordered the TT-01ED
    so i have a couple more questions - sorry guys!

would  this servo fit?

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's similar in dimension to a standard Futaba servo. So, it should be ok.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cool thanks very much MD6 ^_^

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok, i've thought of another question
    It says on wiki, to use a 200mm body shell, you might need to offset the rims?
    is that difficult, or should i just find a 190mm body shell? 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you get a 190mm other than Tamiya you will need to look at offset rims....actually even with Tamiya shells you will need a little more offset, maybe 3 or 4mm offset to have the wheels flush with the arches.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys!
    Ok, I've been having a look at batteries and have found this one:

the size is listed as Size 26x46x136mm
    should this fit ok?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm trying to help out a friend of mine who bought a TT-01 Type E, for sanctioned racing. His 1st car is a AE TC4, and I needed to warn him that although this car would make him, laugh, any Tamiya rc car is tons of fun to put together. It seems that the race class is exclusively for the TT-01 class, and seems to follow very strict rules as if it's a TCS race. There were only two upgrades allowed, but he wants to take the ride height down without upsetting said rules. He said the assembled kit looks like it has a 15mm ride height (lol) but I understand this, as all Tamiya's settings put any car in a generic type of setting.

Should I point him towards you guys? I looked at the kit's dampers, and was thinking that they were just like my old M03-L mini cooper springs, but they're not.

There's about a million pages in this thread, so if I'm repeating an old question, please forgive me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only way I think you can change the ride height without altering parts is to change the shock positions but that will effect the handling

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

okay so im buying a new tt01 chassis bathtub since my current one is stripped out, gunna put the old one in the parts bin and one day build a rally tt01 with all my spare parts.But currently my tt01 is running on mixmatched screws,wrong sizes in places etc.. and i wanna fix that.This sound like a good idea?http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-scr...p-32527.htmlOr any other suggestions?Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A full screw set, especially titanium, is a great alternative to to hunting down vs an original screw set for a Tamiya kit (they're typically labeled as multiple screw bags in their kits). But the quality and amount of titanium alloy factories use can be easily seen by how much they cost. Pure titanium parts wreak havok on tooling dies and are more expensive. Lower quality alloys are cheaper, and actually feel softer than steel. Get a high quality set, and go the extra mile and buy some good drivers, so that they'll never strip.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So what your saying is the yeah racing screw kit that i linked to is probably made of cheap titanium since it costs about half as much as the other titanium screw kits? i thought that just wasnt sure.

I dont really want to spend to much money on screws, probably 20-25 max. I mainly just dont want to put together a list of every screw on the car "time consuming" and then go to a hardware store just to get aluminum screws that arnt anymore durable than the ones that come in the kit, and would end up costing me more than 10 bucks when i could pay a little more and get stronger screws and skip the hassle of puting together a list etc..

What would be your recommendation for what i should do?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: codielee93

So what your saying is the yeah racing screw kit that i linked to is probably made of cheap titanium since it costs about half as much as the other titanium screw kits? i thought that just wasnt sure.

I dont really want to spend to much money on screws, probably 20-25 max. I mainly just dont want to put together a list of every screw on the car "time consuming" and then go to a hardware store just to get aluminum screws that arnt anymore durable than the ones that come in the kit, and would end up costing me more than 10 bucks when i could pay a little more and get stronger screws and skip the hassle of puting together a list etc..

What would be your recommendation for what i should do?
    I see your dilemma. Yes - you're right; if a titanium screw set costs that low, then they would be considered durable and not sustainable. Using the typical L shaped allen wrenches could strip em out easier though, so it's kind of a trade-off. You're right on the money about aluminum screws too - if they're clamping down a load-bearing part, they will fail quicker than steel screws. I bought a cheap metric hex driver set from Duratrax, that has no replaceable tips, but thankfully they aren't stripping or wearing out any quicker than my other tools.

For the sake of being on a budget, I'd suggest those Yeah racing screws and an economical set of metric hex drivers. If you don't tear down your car all that often, you might be able to get away without the drivers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So in conclusion that set is stronger than aluminum, but i should be carefull when removing/tightening them to ensure they last a long time, correct?

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: codielee93

So in conclusion that set is stronger than aluminum, but i should be carefull when removing/tightening them to ensure they last a long time, correct?

Thanks
    It's the radial rolling and scooping sensation that kills the hex heads using the L shaped hex keys. A driver is straight up-and-down radial pressure. Yes, take care to try and make the L hex keys drive straighter than they normally act if you stick to those, but take constant care to fully drive them down.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What i use is a tool that has alot of hex drivers that flip out. looks sorta like this, made by same company although im pretty sure mines cheaper, got it out of clearence bin at a hardware store. 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, those are just as bad. I know those tools over-extend their full-open point, are as just as bad.