Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
TopGearfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

sweet
Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Eizhan

Yeah, I got the Aluminium shaft, and and.. well, that's about it. Haha.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
green_overcomer

Just how durable is the TT01 chassis? The reason why I'm asking is I accidentally slammed my kit (at top stock motor speed!) on the road sidewalk and I saw it jump to as high as one feet after slamming on the concrete (talk about the impact). I immediately inspected the car for any damages, but I haven't seen any [X(]. Based on your experience with bashing and racing TT01s, can anyone attest to its durability, as I'm kind of worried that my kit might have gotten brittle after the slam. Thanks! []
Old 02-18-2008, 04:25 PM
DriftingDragon

is there a 190mm lancer evo body any were?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
osr

ORIGINAL: green_overcomer

Just how durable is the TT01 chassis? The reason why I'm asking is I accidentally slammed my kit (at top stock motor speed!) on the road sidewalk and I saw it jump to as high as one feet after slamming on the concrete (talk about the impact). I immediately inspected the car for any damages, but I haven't seen any [X(]. Based on your experience with bashing and racing TT01s, can anyone attest to its durability, as I'm kind of worried that my kit might have gotten brittle after the slam. Thanks! []

If it's anything like mine the shell will be knackered but the chassis will be ok. I think that's the main advantage of bashing a tt-01 and even taking it off road as the shell and bumper will take most of the flack rarely letting the wheels/drivetrain or the chassis take a direct hit.

i hit a root today (ill cut the thing out one of these days) and the car went from full acceleration to a single high overhead roll, i kicked it back over and away it went, no issues.

I LOVE my TT01 [>:]

i do need a new shell tho [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 02-18-2008, 04:50 PM
osr

ORIGINAL: chrisestt01

A ball diff allows you to adjust the degree of friction in the differential. Compared to a standard diff where there is very little resistance when you spin one wheel and the other spins in the opposite direction, you can adjust this free wheeling from free to locked. Locked means that both wheels spin in the same direction. I have a rally TT01 as well and I have locked the rear diff using super glue to stick the gears onto the case. In the front I use a one way diff. This uses a special bearing that locks in one direction and free wheels in the other. What it basically does is that if you accelerate, the bearing locks up and both wheels spin in the same direction regardless of whether or not they have traction. However, if you brake, then the wheels free wheel, so there is no braking action. But that is not an issue when rallying, especially if you are in soft sand, as there is plenty braking action from the sand anyway. My rally car does not bog down anymore. It only stops when I hit something or when it bottoms out and all 4 wheels are spinning free.

Have you modified your shocks in anyway for your rally tt-01 ? At the moment ive just used ..ahem..cable ties (they fit so nicely!) to push the stock springs to full length, ive ground out the bumpers to allow the extra clearence too. It seems to work quite nicely but im wondering if i could reduce the bounce i get by using slightly longer than stock shocks with softer springs....Any idea's ?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:37 PM
chrisestt01

I fitted 55mm shocks (compared to the standard 50 mm) and cut out the chassis to allow the suspension arms to drop further. With the Tamiya rally tires it gives me a clearance of around 20mm. You also have to cut out the triangular bits that stick out of the lower Tamiya A-arms, because they catch on anything protruding from the ground. I use 30wt oil, 3 hole pistons and the softest springs. This reduces bounce a lot depending on your speed (slow = bounce, fast = smooth).

I'd like to see your cable ties set up - pics?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70653.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	882571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38183.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	882572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75387.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	882573  
Old 02-18-2008, 08:30 PM
littleleon

Tamiya make both an EVO VI WRC and EVO VII WRC body... I don't know of any others that aren't based on the WRC.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:16 PM
mrmedina8
My Feedback: (3)

My LHS has the TT-01D Impreza kit and the TT-01R chassis kit, I think the advantages of the R are the oil shocks and the driveshaft while the advantages of the D are the bearing and the body. I believe the motor is the same and they both need an esc, servo, radio, and receiver. For bashing and some drifting which do you guys think would be better?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 PM
DriftingDragon

i found cheap drift tires, if you have a cheap radio shack truck or car with the wheel nuts, they exactly fit the buggy, st, and onroad hubs. the wheels that are on my car are the cheap ones they are really good drift tires
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29640.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	882779  
Old 02-18-2008, 10:33 PM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: mrmedina8

My LHS has the TT-01D Impreza kit and the TT-01R chassis kit, I think the advantages of the R are the oil shocks and the driveshaft while the advantages of the D are the bearing and the body. I believe the motor is the same and they both need an esc, servo, radio, and receiver. For bashing and some drifting which do you guys think would be better?
if you can get an xb it works great but with either that you get youll need another set of tires so you can drift or bash
Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 PM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: littleleon

Tamiya make both an EVO VI WRC and EVO VII WRC body... I don't know of any others that aren't based on the WRC.
thanks
Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 PM
green_overcomer

Many thanks! I also inspected my chassis for noticeable cracks and I haven't found any except for the scratches that come with the usual driving on road.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 AM
cornel4web

ORIGINAL: mrmedina8

the TT-01D drift specs, are coming with oil shocks too...maybe the R version has aluminium oil shocks...
and the R comes with the aluminium shaft also...
but any kit are coming with an ESC (my TT-01D cames with ESC and LED unit, drift tires, ball bearings, Sport tuned motor, motor heat sink)
Old 02-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Eizhan

You guys think I can get 20+ minutes runtime with a TT01D on stock gearing and 2s lipo 4800Mah?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 AM
carmadmatt

My TT01 is fine and I've hit walls, kerbs, car wheels, lamp-posts, trees, sofa's, people and it's been run over by a bicycle!! And I've also flipped it numerous times off a kerb!!

Matt
Old 02-19-2008, 02:11 PM
green_overcomer

W
ORIGINAL: carmadmatt

My TT01 is fine and I've hit walls, kerbs, car wheels, lamp-posts, trees, sofa's, people and it's been run over by a bicycle!! And I've also flipped it numerous times off a kerb!!

Matt
Wow! Many thanks. Cheers for the TT01! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 AM
cornel4web

ORIGINAL: Eizhan

You guys think I can get 20+ minutes runtime with a TT01D on stock gearing and 2s lipo 4800Mah?
I get almost 30 minutes with stock set-up, and an 3300 NiMh...
Old 02-20-2008, 05:38 AM
Eizhan

ORIGINAL: cornel4web

ORIGINAL: Eizhan

I get almost 30 minutes with stock set-up, and an 3300 NiMh...
Ooooh, awesome! xD. I'm so getting it! Thanks!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:06 AM
kelvintwt

heres mine

sorry for the tiny pics
Old 02-20-2008, 12:47 PM
sanshu

that tt-01 looks great kelvin!
can you go straight with it?lol
Old 02-20-2008, 02:56 PM
osr

ORIGINAL: chrisestt01

I fitted 55mm shocks (compared to the standard 50 mm) and cut out the chassis to allow the suspension arms to drop further. With the Tamiya rally tires it gives me a clearance of around 20mm. You also have to cut out the triangular bits that stick out of the lower Tamiya A-arms, because they catch on anything protruding from the ground. I use 30wt oil, 3 hole pistons and the softest springs. This reduces bounce a lot depending on your speed (slow = bounce, fast = smooth).

I'd like to see your cable ties set up - pics?

Hi Chris, Your car looks surprisingly quite like mine ! I hope that means i must be doing something right I have a clearence of about 17mm right now and that does ok. A few more mm might just be the ticket though so the shocks are the next thing for me to experiment with, i would like to try and just find some springs that would extend the full length of the stock shocks but a bit softer, and see how they do before buying longer ones. At the moment i have about 2-3mm of slop when i lift the car up that could be ride height if i find some longer springs.

Some pic's below, the pic of the shock is a bit blurry but you should be able to see where the cable tie sits nicely into the end of the spring and the lip on the stock shock.

The other is of the top view showing my other home made mod, made out of a peice of trunking. Cut to size a few holes drilled and sprayed with the same polycarb paint i done my car with. It keeps the cables out of the of the prop shaft and also makes a handy handle too.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:48 PM
DriftingDragon

whats the duct tape for?

and what would be the best way to water proof for winter rally
Old 02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
swong1400

What would be the fastest set up for a TT-01, using 6cell NIMH? I use my TT-01 for general entertainment and bashing, and racing is nonexistant. I currently have a Trinity Chameleon 2 19t motor with 23/58 gearing, as well as the basic necessary upgrades. So, im basically asking, what is the fastest brushless motor/esc on 6cell NIMH? Ive done some research, and I think that the answer is the Novak 3.5, but im not sure. Would this motor be unsuitable for the TT-01? Thank you for your help
Old 02-20-2008, 09:34 PM
chrisestt01

The duct tape seals the thin gap in between the gear box covers to keep the dust out.

There is no snow where I live in Australia and there is barely enough rain, so water proofing is not an issue for me. Other rally forums mention the use of rubber balloons to water proof the electronics.

ORIGINAL: DriftingDragon

whats the duct tape for?

and what would be the best way to water proof for winter rally

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.