Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:16 PM
DriftingDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

oh ok thanks
Old 02-20-2008, 11:10 PM
PSXBatou

I finally got my TRF Damper "Special Blue", I need to put them together this weekend. I also need oil.. I love how this hobby sucks my wallet dry.

I'll be building another TT-01 it seems, there is a long story to this... Shipping problems, more shipping problems and the remedy/solution was this. I paid around $90 for everything in the photos, not a bad deal if you ask me. The TRF Dampers alone are worth $76.

Once I get the TRF dampers on I'll post some photos here along with the complete list of modifications & Tamiya part numbers. My TT-01 now has every option that Tamiya offers for the TT-01, and then some I wanted to keep it 100% Tamiya, it was an expensive build but I had fun building it, & I love driving it so that made it worth every penny to me.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 PM
sanshu

that's the fun of it!!!lol
Old 02-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Eizhan

Here's mineee. Nothing fancy, no CF parts >____>. My house is dusty.. Dusty dusty TT01D
Old 02-21-2008, 01:10 AM
dfiantii

PSXBatou
Hurry up and build the thing so I can smoke you at the track lol
Old 02-21-2008, 01:21 AM
PSXBatou

I just need to build the shocks. The kit is new, I doubt I'll build it anytime soon. Though I do have quite a few extra hop up parts I can use, plus a ESC and a radio laying around

Old 02-21-2008, 01:27 AM
dfiantii

When ever your ready man I am still waiting to see this TT-01 on the course but your always busy. I just started my new part time job with the Dept of Justice. Its a student position so it does not pay a lot but its in the field of electronics for my degree so it will help. Right now I can only make it to the track on Friday afternoons or Saturday still don't have a Transponder yet so no actual races for me just practice. Come on bring it to the track lets see what its got.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:31 AM
dfiantii

I am still going to get that Type R from Losi but its going to take some time to save the money I was looking at all the things I wanted for it: brushless system, spare parts, quality batteries and other stuff I can easily see spending $1600 bucks or more .
Old 02-21-2008, 01:54 AM
PSXBatou

I'm going to order a TRF 416 next week, though I am still eyeing the Mi3...

TBH I'm not out at that track much for a couple reasons, the main one is that I really don't care for its layout. its too short, too technical (mainly because it lacks space), and it straight isn't enough to get a stock motor up to speed before either braking hard, or attempting drifting around the corner while carefully trying not to smack the wall. If they want to make that track as technical as it is they need a longer straight and more space to do it in, as it stands now its a bit of a cluster imo. I really have no clue how nitro can run there and not get really frustrated, hell I get frustrated running stock and pro-stock motors. I don't mind technical tracks, but they try to squeeze way more than a track of that size should have on it.

There is a new track coming in this summer, I know the two guys that are going to run it (one owns a shop in town already). Basically its out near where the off road track is in a warehouse with plenty of floorspace for a nice sized track. Also like the Off Road track ROAR will not be mandatory to practice, only to race.

I may head to Nor Cal to play around on their track, I've heard some pretty good things about it. Also parking lot tracks can be a load of fun, I believe there are some out in the Santa Rosa area.

I'll wander out there to show you how to drive though, let me get my shocks setup & I'll text ya [8D]

Old 02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
dfiantii

You do that. If i am not mistaken Billy is going to have the place asphalted and and it will be longer. If there is another track being done is it going to be asphalt also? I had the idea of racing carpet.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 AM
green_overcomer

My TT01 car kit has this tendency to steer to the right even if I'm speeding straight. I tried to make adjsutments to the controller's steering trim by rotating the button more to the opposite side. Unfortunately, my car still steers to the right. I think this is beyond adjustments to the steering trim already. I looked at the front steering arms and they are in normal position. Where does the problem lie and how do I fix this? Please help. [] Many thanks!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:05 PM
PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: green_overcomer

My TT01 car kit has this tendency to steer to the right even if I'm speeding straight. I tried to make adjsutments to the controller's steering trim by rotating the button more to the opposite side. Unfortunately, my car still steers to the right. I think this is beyond adjustments to the steering trim already. I looked at the front steering arms and they are in normal position. Where does the problem lie and how do I fix this? Please help. [] Many thanks!
Buy the turnbuckle tie-rod kit and that should take care of the issue. If that doesnt work then look for a warped or broken part in the suspension, maybe a wheel knuckle or improperly placed bearing.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:12 PM
PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: dfiantii

You do that. If i am not mistaken Billy is going to have the place asphalted and and it will be longer. If there is another track being done is it going to be asphalt also? I had the idea of racing carpet.

It will be fully enclosed indoors so I doubt it will be asphalt. I would say its either going to be carpet or some sort of treated concrete surface. I'll ask next time I see one of the owners, I'll be out flying my helicopter with one of them within the next few weeks. The warehouse is huge, its a great idea as having a indoor track means that weather doesnt matter anymore. Also it has more than enough space to be a large easily re-configurable track. I would say the space they are planning to lay the track in is at least 1.5x to 2x the size of Billy's. The Pit area is pretty nice sized too. Plus a full shop of course.

Billy just needs to move those Pits over to make the track longer, then widen it a bit on the top and bottom. Then his current layouts would fit perfect.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:26 PM
dfiantii

I see your point there. I hope its concrete don't know if i would want to do rubber on carpet. But anything is better than not having a track at all right. Where did you say this track would be? The wife and I are loooking to buy a house here in the next few months so my dream car the JRX-S Type R may be on hold for a while.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:34 PM
green_overcomer

ORIGINAL: PSXBatou

ORIGINAL: green_overcomer

Buy the turnbuckle tie-rod kit and that should take care of the issue. If that doesnt work then look for a warped or broken part in the suspension, maybe a wheel knuckle or improperly placed bearing.
Thanks for the input. It's a good thing you mentioned the turnbuckle tie-rod set as I recently ordered it through Tower.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:12 PM
osr

ChrisTT01

What gearing are you using in your rally TT01 ? Im using the stock 19 - 61, but that's another thing i want to start experimenting with. Im not unhappy with it but i don't know the improvment that could be had if any. I was thinking on getting a 21 and 22t pinion set to try out.
What do you think ?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:26 PM
FastVee

Ok, just finished another body.

Now i need new wheels, that mamba rips rims and tires, even just 6-cell ! ,and i will get new maxamps 8-cell 4700mah batt early next week...should go about 100Km/h with that one.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:16 PM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: stealthbomber

Ok, just finished another body.

Now i need new wheels, that mamba rips rims and tires, even just 6-cell ! ,and i will get new maxamps 8-cell 4700mah batt early next week...should go about 100Km/h with that one.
sick body
and how do you fit an 8 cell in it?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 PM
chrisestt01

I am running 28/55 with a sports tuned motor. It goes fast and does great power slides in the dust.

ORIGINAL: osr

ChrisTT01

What gearing are you using in your rally TT01 ? Im using the stock 19 - 61, but that's another thing i want to start experimenting with. Im not unhappy with it but i don't know the improvment that could be had if any. I was thinking on getting a 21 and 22t pinion set to try out.
What do you think ?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 PM
FastVee

ORIGINAL: DriftingDragon

sick body
and how do you fit an 8 cell in it?
Thanks, i will use hump-back batt http://www.maxamps.com/MA-4700-8Cell-Hump.htm -and modded batterystrap. Will post pics soon.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:46 PM
DriftingDragon

nice
Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 PM
osr

ORIGINAL: chrisestt01

I am running 28/55 with a sports tuned motor. It goes fast and does great power slides in the dust.

ORIGINAL: osr

ChrisTT01

What do you think ?
I bet it does go fast ! what's the acceleration like compared to stock gearing with that motor ?

I have a Tamiya Super stock TZ and while i was thinking about tinkering i was'nt thinking about going that low. but if the acceleration doesn't lose too much then woooooooot !

Cheers mate, your advice is much appreciated.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 PM
DriftingDragon

i just tested my snow rally with the orion 21t method its wicked fast im gunna be going out later ill try to take video of it
Old 02-22-2008, 09:47 PM
DriftingDragon

my rally's new look

im using the e firestorm cause i getting a new body for it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92173.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	885918  
Old 02-23-2008, 05:33 AM
chrisestt01

It's hard to judge accelleration in rally conditions. If I go full power from stand still, then the car spins all 4 wheels and creates a lot of dust. If I control accelleration then the car takes off faster without too much dust. On asphalt the car accellerates a bit slower than with the 19x61 gears, but it still reaches top speed in less than 2 metres. It then leaves the 19x61 for dead.
By the way, today I cleaned out the motor. Put it in water and powered it with 4AA cell batteries. The water turned black. There was so much dirt in there, unbelievable. After shaking out the water I soaked the motor with WD40. It now spins as new.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.