Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya F-201 Resource Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tamiya F-201 Resource Thread!

Hmm.. what the heck is this?!

Rocker actuated suspensoin.. what could this be..........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50913.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	475051  
Old 06-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Lunchboxer

Default RE: New project - by Lunchboxer..

Looks like a Tamiya F201 chassis to me!!

Decided to use Futaba 3010 servo instead of my usual 3305 high torque / metal gear one.. figured for a road car, I don't need all that torque, but rather, want the speed.. the 3010 does 60 degree in 0.16 seconds (w/ 6V BEC) so it is quite good (unless you want to spend a lot of $$$ and go into coreless..)

R143F receiver.. why?! Not reason.. I ordered 3 last time, so I still got 1 left after this one is used up.. (got a good deal when Tower was trying to reduce the inventory.. I think I paid $26 each?! Should have gotten a bunch more! DOH!)

Got a bunch of hop-ups for it already.. Tamiya aluminum hex (6mm thickness), aluminum steering link thing (on its way), aluminum motor mount, high speed gear set (figured I'd just run this one w/ the Sport Tune motor..), high strength lower arms, etc.

I think I will take my time building this one.. folks visiting right now so can't go all out.. LOL!!

Argh.. need to get some red paint! (It is a Ferrari after all, oh well..)

Name:	Pn37227.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	475052  
Old 06-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Haulin Azz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you started a new thread and i thought you got a txt-1! lol that road car is cool to though~[:-]
Old 06-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: Custamizer

you started a new thread and i thought you got a txt-1! lol that road car is cool to though~[:-]

Next month, maybe!! I got all the parts to go on the TXT.. just need to get the kit now!!
Old 06-10-2006, 09:12 AM
bIGmiK

Oh god how I wish I was old needing reaons to spend my money

Nice car man.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: bIGmiK

Oh god how I wish I was old needing reaons to spend my money

Nice car man.

Trust me, this is a lot cheaper than my other / older hobbies.. I used to race motorcycle and a helmet is like $400-500, an Italian leather suit is $1200+, boots = $300, not to mention the maintenance, tires ($300+ a set!), oil (change every other track day / race weekend), gas, etc, etc.

R/C is relatively mild...

But yeah, so study hard and go to a good school / grad school, and get a good job so you can afford more things in the future when you are older!! (that's a motivation for ya!)
Old 06-10-2006, 09:26 AM
bIGmiK

I'm going to university to be a doctor I hope!
Old 06-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Lunchboxer

That's good man!! Good luck!! Make sure you are going to be a medical doctor because you like it not because you just want $$$, though.. or your life will be pretty miserable.. (i.e., there's probably easier way to make money than going through years of college / med school / residency... :P)
Old 06-10-2006, 10:17 AM
hands without shadows

Ya my plan right now is to finish high school and become an electrician, starting wages are great, and within like 10 years I could start my own company. Nice suspension though, reminds me of the revo, and of formula one cars.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: ka-boom

Ya my plan right now is to finish high school and become an electrician, starting wages are great, and within like 10 years I could start my own company. Nice suspension though, reminds me of the revo, and of formula one cars.

Nice.. yes.. pure academic isn't for everyone.. nowadays, people with a trade skill is in high demand and they make good $$$.. (like mechanics, electricians, etc.) Good for you on wanting to start your own company, that's really good.. good goal..

Yeah, the reason I got it because I thought the suspension is very neat...
Old 06-10-2006, 10:25 AM
bIGmiK

I wanted a job where I could use my hands... but get paid well.

So I want to become a medical doctor, and them specialize in Authapedic Surgery (a bone doctor.. they get to drill your bones and screws bits in you ).
Old 06-10-2006, 11:08 AM
R/C fan-addict

I want to become an enginner when I'm older. My brother is helping to design windturbines and a green dorm (a dorm building that releases zero carbon). This year he is making a robot to climb up on the wind turbine blades to check for any problems so that people don't have to. I want to do something like what he is doing, although I am leaning more towards designing cars and buildings. I would love to design a car for a car company. In fact I have a design of a car in my head that would work great with the maybach or porsche lineup (maybe a bigger brother to the cayenne?). The car has all these little kinky features to make it very comfortable, efficient, yet very powerful and capabil (sp?). It has the idea in mind that it make it as comfortable as your home. I've made a list of ideas a few years ago and have seen a few of them used on recent car models. Hopefully by the time I have to build something like this a few of my ideas won't be taken! lol
Old 06-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Lunchboxer

So I want to become a medical doctor, and them specialize in Authapedic Surgery (a bone doctor.. they get to drill your bones and screws bits in you ).

You mean orthopedic, right? Yeah, they make a lot of $$$.. machinist for the human body!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

I want to become an enginner when I'm older. My brother is helping to design windturbines and a green dorm (a dorm building that releases zero carbon). This year he is making a robot to climb up on the wind turbine blades to check for any problems so that people don't have to. I want to do something like what he is doing, although I am leaning more towards designing cars and buildings. I would love to design a car for a car company. In fact I have a design of a car in my head that would work great with the maybach or porsche lineup (maybe a bigger brother to the cayenne?). The car has all these little kinky features to make it very comfortable, efficient, yet very powerful and capabil (sp?). It has the idea in mind that it make it as comfortable as your home. I've made a list of ideas a few years ago and have seen a few of them used on recent car models. Hopefully by the time I have to build something like this a few of my ideas won't be taken! lol

Yeah, R/C car is a good training ground if you want to be a real car engineer.. Teach you a lot of basic mechanics.. although, if you want to be a real engineer, I'd suggest you hit the books on math and physics.. I know they may not sound useful right now but you'd need that to go to the next step..

In real life, you can't really just "over engineer" like a R/C.. (yeah, let's swap on full Ti drive shaft.. nope, won't happen in real life.. :P) Every penny counts so design is generally compromise.. so you need to design things that just fits the design parameters..

Be good in math, computer, and physics (at least the Newtonian physics, basically, the classical mechanics) and you will be ready to go!

Good luck!!
Old 06-10-2006, 12:09 PM
hands without shadows

Actually, all my classes are pure academic, I just like working with my hands, and i dont want to be stuck behind a computer screen all day. My dream job would be mechanical engineer, its just really hard to get a good position and all the funs been takin out of it. They now have people that dream the stuff up, and they send it down to the shop to be build, if those two positions were to be more combined, it would be pure bliss. I really like dreaming stuff up, even if its just little things, but figuring out how to make it is half the fun.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Lunchboxer

Maybe you need to be in new product development... it is sort of taking something from an idea to production.. but I guess that's more of a business role...
Old 06-10-2006, 02:37 PM
-Inverted-

I get my money the fast way......ski mask way.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

I get my money the fast way......ski mask way.

Nice.. if you can always get away with it! :P
Old 06-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Lunchboxer

Setting up the servo..

Had to use an ESC to power it up to setup the radio... yeah, obviously, the SuperDuty XR is not gonna go on that car... (take a look at that size! :P) Not to mention the height!!

Still need to figure out which ESC to go into it.. maybe just use the one from my TLT as it is still waiting for some other parts...

Or I can try out the Sphere/Neo when it arrives, but I kind of want to put that in the Lunchbox.. (ha ha, the 'Box will be faster than my road car, LOL!)

We will see!!

Waiting for the Tamiya aluminum steering arm, so I think I will just leave it unfinished for now... don't want to build up and then tear it up again just to put in the new parts... argh!!

Name:	Ca82237.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	475358  
Old 06-10-2006, 10:30 PM
bIGmiK

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

You mean orthopedic, right? Yeah, they make a lot of $$$.. machinist for the human body!
Yeah well I can't spell that great... But if I'm a doctor you don't need to be able to read my hand writing so who cares if the words are spelt wrong
Old 06-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Lunchboxer

Yeah well I can't spell that great... But if I'm a doctor you don't need to be able to read my hand writing so who cares if the words are spelt wrong
Yeah, that's partially true.. but I think in order to become a doctor, you'd need to do well in SAT (to get into a good college) and then MCAT (to get into a med school).. so spelling is probably somewhat important.. (writing essays, etc. !)

No worry, plenty of time for improvement..
Old 06-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Lunchboxer

Argh.. can't finish it because I am waiting for the hop up aluminum steering crank... argh!! Hopefully that will arrive soon!!

Oh well.. next week, I hope!!

Name:	Ki19160.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	475548  
Old 06-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Dokioto

That looks like a nice add to your Tamiya collection.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

That looks like a nice add to your Tamiya collection.

Thanks! Yeah, it is "different" enough that I wanted one.. (that has always been my collecting philosophy..)
Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 PM
bIGmiK

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Yeah, that's partially true.. but I think in order to become a doctor, you'd need to do well in SAT (to get into a good college) and then MCAT (to get into a med school).. so spelling is probably somewhat important.. (writing essays, etc. !)

No worry, plenty of time for improvement..
Yep, work hard and see how well I can do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.