Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Fix T-spec or new 1/10 touring car

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:38 AM
spikyho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix T-spec or new 1/10 touring car

Hey guys, I'd been having a ton of trouble with the diffs on my Trinity T-spec slipping and whatnot and after opening them up last night I found out that my rear diff had a busted outdrive. I tried to repair it with superglue and after getting both diffs and the car reassembled, I took the car out for a spin an immediately busted the other outdrive on the rear diff. I've heard that many people have been having tons of problems with the trinity diffs and I hate the fact that since I bought a spec class car, there are no metal hop ups to replace crappy plastic ones. I was wondering if you guys suggest shelling out about 50 bucks to completely replace both diffs (The front one is always slipping real bad) or picking up a TC4 at my local hobby shop that is being clearanced for $169. Also are there any other good 1/10 size touring cars that would rival the TC4 for this price. Oh and one more thing, I don't do much racing so the car would mainly be used for drifting and going as fast as I can make it go. Thanks

-Ryan
Old 09-06-2007, 02:30 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Fix T-spec or new 1/10 touring car

I'd just buy the TC4. If you were racing I might suggest the TA05, but for drifting and running in parking lots I'd go with the shaft drive.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Ya I use to t-spec and the first thing to break was the diffs. They were slipping alot in the rear. I ended up making it RWD. I'd just get a new TC. But if you decide not to heres the parts list from tower- http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=TRIC9004&P=Z
Old 09-06-2007, 08:48 AM
magnat

HBX Make T-Spec Clones now so you may be able to Buy a WHOLE new T-Spec for the price of the parts alone

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-10-4WD-Electri...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Slo-V Flyer

ORIGINAL: magnat

HBX Make T-Spec Clones now so you may be able to Buy a WHOLE new T-Spec for the price of the parts alone

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-10-4WD-Electri...QQcmdZViewItem
Seems like a nice deal for $110, aluminum chassis and all. Though I must say "30-40 mph" *cough* km/h *cough* is quite amazing....[X(] And here I am stupid old me wasting $200 on a Mamba Max so I can only go 30mph... Love those cloners.....
Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 AM
peetiewonder

dude i believe the tc4 diffs fit the tspec. if u go that route i would use the tspec gear and then get all the equipment for steel tc4 diffs. diff problems go bye bye. The tc4 is probably a better investment tho.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:58 AM
spikyho

Actually I guess the TC4 diffs don't fit on the T-spec, however some people have tried the hpi sprint ones and have had success. I'm actually leaning more towards just getting the TC4 because I like the option of being able to upgrade to metal parts and $169 seems like a pretty good deal to me. Am I right about that?