Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Its done and ready to race!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:47 PM
MOVMX Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its done and ready to race!!

Well, I finally decided to get into on-road. I called up my LHS where I will be racing and asked what parts they carry and for what cars, and also what most people run. they told me they mainly carry Losi and Corally parts, and most people run losi. I then asked what losi cars they had parts for, and found out that the XXX-S was my best bet. then I started looking, and ended up with a roller off of ebay, it was complete. I got it for $58 shipped. I got it and saw it was in fine condition, but had no electronics. I grabbed some electronics from different donors, a TX and RX (AM 75MHZ) and a servo from my boat, and the Tazer 15T esc from my B4. I still needed a stock 27T 24 degree motor, so I ordered a Reedy MVP since I had one before. Finally, the last thing I needed was a ROAR legal body. I decided on HPI's 190mm saleen S7, and I ordered brushes and springs for my old revenge-of-the-monster motor so I would have a spare. I used Parma inca precut masks, and Pactra polycarbonate metallic red, metallic black, Indy silver and window tint. It came out pretty good- best complicated body I have done so far. The only thing I need now is a set of Jaco green rubber tires for my track, which I will buy there when I go to race.
Enjoy the pics, give me some feedback! (good please ) Sorry if they are blurry! Ill take some more in better light tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60495.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	874330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17420.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	874331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77622.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	874332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35235.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	874333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju14040.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	874334  
Old 02-09-2008, 09:08 PM
droppedgmc
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Its done and ready to race!!

you'll like the xxx-s. nice body
Old 02-09-2008, 09:15 PM
MOVMX Racer

Thanks! I have had it running for a few days now, but the weather has been bad. I drove it outside for a little while the other day before the weather turned and it has some SNAPPY acceleration! It can put the power to the ground really well and doesnt squat (I am so used to cars with lots of suspension travel- Maxx, B4, 18T). It is really hard to get used to the fact that I dont need to slow down for corners anymore, because the CoG is so low and it is hard to flip! It also is super contollable, even with the older servo I put in (I will put in an HS625MG high speed later). I am sure I will love it, seeing as it is still fast even on a 27T stock, can't wait to see what it does once I get an XBR esc and a couple of BL motors for it!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:59 AM
TIGER76

Looks sweet m8
love that bodyshell looks so nice in the pics just watch those kerbs hit!!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
MOVMX Racer

Thanks! I wanted to race it today, but I am afraid the paint will still be too soft. Might see if I can get a loaner shell... I am going to go take some less blurry pics of it so it can bee seen in all of its glory...
Old 02-10-2008, 09:08 PM
MOVMX Racer

I got some more pics, this time with the nice camera. I am going to enter this in the RC Car Action "Best paint of the month" competition amateur class, so vote for me!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88755.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	875512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75455.jpg
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	875513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81943.jpg
Size:	44.3 KB