Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

HPI Micro RS4

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 PM
supamagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Micro RS4

I like drifting, but it would get old after a while. With the RS4, if I didnt want to drift, could I just unplug the D-box and slap on some regular tires and drive it normally?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:37 AM
spartan117

Default RE: HPI Micro RS4

It should work fine. The dbox is just a gyro so that doesnt matter. I also think the drift version uses the standard wheel adapters.

Spartan117
Old 06-29-2008, 12:44 AM
supamagician

I also, If I got this, wanted it to beat a certain nitro car, but I also wanted to be able to make it hit about 70 mph. Well I found out that speed would be unlikely. I liked the RS4 because I would like to run it indoors, and in my garage on a taped down track.

Is the losi xxx-s rtr brushless any good? What are the stock speeds? could I still run this indoors, and on a taped down track in my garage?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:54 AM
supamagician

What is a locked diff? On the HPI website, it says "The Micro RS4 Drift is loaded with option parts for dedicated drifting, like special hard compound slick tires, solid front and rear diffs..." What do the solid diffs do for drifting, and does that mean that I cant put touring car tires on it, unhook the D-box, and run it like a touring car?
Old 06-29-2008, 04:33 AM
spartan117

You can put touring car tires on it. The locked diffs just mean it had two spool diffs. This is good for rock crawling and drifting because that means if a wheel loses traction and the other don't, they willboth receive the same amount of power and spin at the same speed. A solid rear diff is bad for racing as that means the car will not properly enter a turn as one tire cannot spin faster than the other. It will not matter much about the spool front diff. I would recommend buying a ball diff, this way you can simply tighten the ball diff to pretty much lock the rear diff and then loosen it to provide better track handling.

Hope This Helps,
Spartan117
Old 06-29-2008, 04:36 AM
supamagician

If I put in a castle sidewinder 8000Kv, would that be overkill for when I wanted to drift? if so, should I just go with 6800Kv or 5400Kv?

also, just wondering, is the ball diff necessary? could I drift without it?

and [link=http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/FUTABA-FUTK02-MAGNUM-2PL-27Mhz-AM-Digital-Transmitter__13783.aspx]this[/link] radio comes with 2 servos. could one of those be put into the RS4?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:44 AM
spartan117

Drifting is when the solid diff is best. The sold diff in the back wont provide very good handle on the road when your not drifting. If you want to save money you can buy the original gear diff from the original micro rs4. The 8000kv sidewinder is going to be way overkill for drifting.

And Yes Those servos would be fine for MRS4 use.

Spartan117
Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
WackoWasko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to try drifting with my 540 micro RS4. [link]http://aktionrc.com[/link] So when I want to drift, I throw in a stocker and drift tires, and for beating nitros, I throw in a low turn.